New Honda Brio SMT - Ownership Review

Woo.. I guess, you missed my disclaimer..

As mentioned, my statements weren't meant to put your beat down. I am glad that yo haven't faced any issues. However my comments were based on reviews posted by Beat owners themselves.

Please go through the links below.. Luckily they include some pics as well of the faded paint job.

Chevrolet beat - Page 15

CONSUMER ALERT! - GM Chevrolet Beat average on consumer satisfaction level in its consumer report - Consumerdaddy.com

You will find a lot of other threads where people are crying about the FE, pickup and ASS... again these are owner's reviews.

eg:
Product is good..... But the After Sales Service is tooooooooo Bad............ 3008 | CarDekho.com

I test drove a Beat diesel, and disliked it the moment I cranked it up. Very noisy / vibrations / unsettled ride and a 3 pot diesel engine isn't for me.

No hard feelings..
Drive Safe.[:)]
I can understand.You see even honda siel had face such a problem one time.
Car paint fades, court tells Honda to pay up Rs 30,000 to customer - Express India

Please don't look at some thing one sided.I have seen owners who are very happy.

You should also know that Chevrolet Spark won JD power quality award three times!
Spark wins JD Power quality award again - Economic Times

Mind you I don't mean to say beat is superior.

I checked out brio after a few days it was launched(td was not available then).This one car I wished it was there when we were buying beat,but I think we might have still have bought the beat for its ride quality,build quality,looks,and for the cashless ownership service though.

BTW,enjoy your new brio.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
Car paint fades, court tells Honda to pay up Rs 30,000 to customer - Express India

Please don't look at some thing one sided.I have seen owners who are very happy.

You should also know that Chevrolet Spark won JD power quality award three times!

I checked out brio after a few days it was launched(td was not available then).This one car I wished it was there when we were buying beat,but I think we might have still have bought the beat for its ride quality,build quality,looks,and for the cashless ownership service though.

BTW,enjoy your new brio.
Nice job pulling up a 5 year old one instance report by some lunatic complaining about City Paint job which he destroyed by using "abrasive materials" as per Honda Siel.
I am sure you invested lot of time digging this out, but unfortunately I didn't have to. When I was deciding between BRIO and BEAT, my opinion was totally unbiased. I did equivalent amount of research on both the cars before finalizing.
And unfortunately I found countless people dismayed with Chevy Beat.
And trust me I didn't have to look very hard. I can paste 20 more links on the same topic from different users... But that,s not the Point. I am not trying to put down any automobile maker here.
I am not saying one car is superior than another.. again pls understand that these are my views based on my research and understanding.

Spark was never an option for me.

More over, I am sure even you would agree on the Honda quality.

Last edited:

BTW,enjoy your new brio.
Point city cool down buddy . It is natural for any 1 to find the most benefits the car will provide him compared to other option he has short listed . By end of the day sudeep just listed the points which went against beat and in favor of Honda brio in his view and perception . Brio still has to prove itself in the market and hope it will prove its mettle .
So cool down guys[:)]
. Sudeep pls share what interesting features you find in brio and what is so great and what not so great in the blue baby .

Thread Starter #19
Point city cool down buddy . It is natural for any 1 to find the most benefits the car will provide him compared to other option he has short listed . By end of the day sudeep just listed the points which went against beat and in favor of Honda brio in his view and perception . Brio still has to prove itself in the market and hope it will prove its mettle .
So cool down guys[:)]

Thanks man.. Exactly my point.

I feel really sorry to Hijack your thread.

We did have very bad experiences with Chevrolet ASS,you can under stand that from my ownership review,but the end of the day they were able to solve most of the problems.

I just said this because I don't want say a lie!

More over, I am sure even you would agree on the Honda quality.
What quality are talking about?Take it lightly.I asking whether it is interior quality or the overall quality of the mechanicasl.I agree on the later.

One reason I have posted all this is simply because you said a thing that hurt me.Thats all.

Mind you I even felt like exchanging the beat with brio,but my brother,my mother opened my mind and later on the Chevrolet Beat itself made me feel to keep the beat.I feel our beat has a character.May be that's just me who is feeling like that..

BTW,i like that blue color.

Anyway,sorry to hijack your thread.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
I feel really sorry to Hijack your thread.

What quality are talking about?Take it lightly.I asking whether it is interior quality or the overall quality of the mechanicasl.I agree on the later.

Anyway,sorry to hijack your thread.
No Offense taken, but I feel no one makes better petrol engines than Honda (Indian Cars). Lets compare.
I am sure its easy to guess which specs belong to which car.

Attachments

Last edited:
What quality are talking about?Take it lightly.I asking whether it is interior quality or the overall quality of the mechanicasl.I agree on the later. latter.

/QUOTE]
The interior quality of latest honda city is not that great,the overall qaulity,yes I agree is good.

But i think Jazz and brio is known for good quality interior on top of the overall quality of other things.

I hope you understood.

No Offense taken, but I feel no one makes better petrol engines than Honda (Indian Cars). Lets compare.
I am sure its easy to guess which specs belong to which car.
Oh come on I already said that I agree on the qualty of the mechanicals of the honda car.

Did I even say that beat's engine is Superior?One thing I like about brio is that it has the I-VTEC engine!And also the handling it has got.
like I said earlier I miss brio in our car purchase time.

Please read my previous posts

BSM placed brio in the second position in the most FTD car comparison after the punto 90 hp by beating the swift petrol and fabia 1.6.

P.S.
I don't want create enemies in TAI.I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings Sudeep.

I think brio is better than Chervrolet Beat in terms of engine,gearbox,handling. Overall both are equally good. Different people have different needs.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings Sudeep.

I think brio is better than Chervrolet Beat in terms of engine,gearbox,handling. Overall both are equally good. Different people have different needs.
Thanks...

And dont worry, no hurt feelings here.. Just logic.[;)]

Last edited:
Hi Naveen,

I did go through your entire thread before picking up mine..[:)]

Yes, you are right about the body coloured side protectors getting scratched.. But since they are removable, if there is a noticeable scratch, you can get it touched up, it should not look odd. And I think you should get one, as its better than getting a scratch on the door of a new car.[:)]

Next, I am attaching the price list of BRIO Accessories published by one dealer. The prices are more or less same in all dealerships.
EG : The rear Cargo protector is mentioned as rear panel lining. I remember paying 496.00 for it.

I hope this helps.
Hi Sudeep,

Thanks a lot mate. Price list will really be helpful.

By the way what exactly is rear panel lining?
I didn't find price of mudflaps in the list.

Thread Starter #27
Hi Naveen, rear panel lining is the same as rear cargo protector.
It basically ensures that you don't peel of the paint while moving luggage in and out.
I am attaching a pic from Honda official website. This should give you a better Idea.

Mudflaps were around 900+ at Honda dealership if I remember correctly.
But they were out of stock, so I haven't got them yet. I think we should get it cheaper outside.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Naveen, rear panel lining is the same as rear cargo protector.
It basically ensures that you don't peel of the paint while moving luggage in and out.
I am attaching a pic from Honda official website. This should give you a better Idea.

Mudflaps were around 900+ at Honda dealership if I remember correctly.
But they were out of stock, so I haven't got them yet. I think we should get it cheaper outside.
Ohh got it.[:)]

Issue in buying a relatively new car is that you won't find its accessories outside that easily. I tried searching them in shops around my area but all in vain. One fine day will go to Karol Bagh and try to search there.

Thread Starter #30
Brio guys what kind of FE are you getting in city driving ?
Hi Raja,

I am just about to touch 150 kms in the odo out of which I have done only about 95.
FE is creeping towards 10.9.

AC always on. Bumper to bumper city traffic, hardly got a chance to throw in 5th gear. Will go for a spin this weekend and then update further stats.

Top Bottom