New HM Ambassador?

Thread Starter #1
Heard that we will soon have a new Amby. I want it to be compact in size but retain the comfort level. What do you have in the wish list for the new Amby??

New Amby,nice to hear.But,when is it expected,by the end of this year?
I would prefer the new Amby to have similar type of body with a few moulds in and out.
New taillights is what i want regarding exteriors,as it has been almost the same for every version with a slight difference.
By the interiors,a better dash board with neat interiors,and of course the engine should be a litter or even more better than the current one.

Hmmm a new amby? Am hearing this for first time! Well anyways all i want is the same exterior design with some cosmetic changes to the grille , headlamps and tail lamps! Good interiors and a good 1.6 or 2.0L engine with 110BHP or more!

I would like to see the Mark II or III relaunched with a new Euro 4 engine,better brakes,Good wheels, a good A/c and above all excellent fit and finish. All else can be left the same as before. It still has a chance as a classic if they do it properly.

Hi Raj, I am really surprised at the news, seem too good to be real, can you please let us know the source from where you got the news? At least I never came across any such news recently and if there really are plans to launch a new one it will be really interesting to see what changes are in fact made in the Legend.

Cheers!!!

Frankly, i dont wish anything with a new Amby. Amby is quite an outdated product & if i wish anything, i wish that HM should discard Amby now & start making better & modern cars.

New Ambassador?? last time i heard the new was HM is going to be stopped..now howcome new AMBY? please tell us more details...when is it coming? hope it will not be some minor facelift because amby will not sell now using any of ways!!

Thread Starter #9
I read this article in economic times ... Here is the link for your reference :
Hindustan Motors planning 2011 Ambassador comeback - The Economic Times

I am quite emotionally attached to this car as this was my dad's first car and had been with us for a long time for all family trips. I love the space this car has, in my opinion no other car has a comfortable back seat sofa like the amby.

But the new retro amby is what I am waiting for? Tyring to figure out what will it look like, what features will it have?

Hi again Raj, I too share the same emotions like you, since ambassador was my dad's 1st car too, I actually learnt to drive on that and I must admit it never let us stranded on the road, that speaks for the reliability that ambassador is capable of offering if you care for it well, and not to forget my dad's car was a 1964 model mark III.

I really wish that the ambassador comes our firing on all cylinders and am keeping my fingers crossed for that. Personally i would love to see the ambassador retain the classic rounded shape which is the identity of this legend.

Hind Motors to launch Ambassador variants

KOLKATA: As part of a revival strategy drawn up by C. K. Birla-controlled Hindustan Motors, the company is planning to launch four variants of its flagship product Ambassador, while also looking at launching a new ‘parallel' brand.

Managing Director Manoj Jha said here at a press meet that simultaneously the company was also in talks with Mitsubishi Motors for jacking up the capacity utilisation at the Chennai plant where nearly 75 per cent of capacity was idling. “Contract manufacturing is also an option,” he said.

Pointing that the company is targeting to double its personal car sales to 50 per cent by December 2011, Mr. Jha said that while the launch of the variants would be staggered, the first one would be ready by April 2011.

Mr. Jha replaced R. Santhanam as the Managing Director in May this year.

Hindustan Motors, which has had to make a mandatory reference to the BIFR (Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction) following erosion of 50 per cent of its net worth “has reached a point of inflection,” Mr. Jha said adding that by March 2011, it hoped to turn cash-positive. “All the verticals at Uttarpara in West Bengal, Chennai in Tamil Nadu and Indore in Madhya Pradesh will be at the cash-positive level”. He said that Rs.40 crore cash had been generated through intra-group sale of the Chennai office premise and a part of the 49 per cent equity held by HML in group company Avtec. While Rs.40 crore had been invested in the Uttarpara plant since 2007, around Rs.15 crore was invested this year.

On the new brand that may be launched, Mr. Jha said that the new car would be ready to be rolled out by January 2012 and its interior and exterior would be different from the Ambassador. “We are trying to increase our presence in the personal car segment to increase market share and mind-space.” Indicating that the launch will be a niche-market product, the MD said that the company was not in the race for a mass-manufacturing car.

The designing was being done by domestic and overseas designers.

He said that the key drivers (dealerships, variants and customer base) of the revival strategy were increasing while optimising the system and jacking up the component business.

On the Chennai plant, Mr. Jha said that at present only a quarter of the capacity was being utilised and HML hoped to have “some clarity'' by March 2011 on whether the idling capacity would be used to produce more Mitsubishi cars or whether contract-manufacturing would begin here.

HM-Mitsubishi's growth strategy

P. Narasimhan writes from Chennai:

HM-Mitsubishi, the technical collaboration between Hindustan Motors and Mitsubishi Motor Corp. of Japan, as part of its growth strategy, is planning to launch latest models of Pajero Sports vehicle in the next financial year, according to Y. V. S. Vijay Kumar, Executive Vice-President and Head of Mitsubishi business at HML.

Addressing presspersons here on Thursday, he said Pajero Sports would be priced around Rs.20-22 lakh and would be a real growth driver of the company. The company was also evaluating to introduce Outlander Sports in the coming years. It would be a smaller vehicle than the present Outlander and would be in the price range of Rs.15-17 lakh, he said.

He said there was huge potential in Tier-II cities that would give substantial fillip to the company's products.

HM-Mitsubishi's manufacturing facility for the Mitsubishi range of cars is located at Thiruvallur near Chennai.

Source:Hindu

Thread Starter #12
I had read this article too yesterday. It was there across all publications. HM is talking about some variants. What kind of an Amby would you like- I personally like the Amby to come out like how the VW Beetle is today i.e. I can recognize that it is the old Beetle, but the design and shape is more contemporary. But somehow dunno how the Amby should be made to look like an Amby, but more modern and contemporary? Any thoughts?

Thread Starter #13
Sketch on New Amby!!

New Amby,nice to hear.But,when is it expected,by the end of this year?
I would prefer the new Amby to have similar type of body with a few moulds in and out.
New taillights is what i want regarding exteriors,as it has been almost the same for every version with a slight difference.
By the interiors,a better dash board with neat interiors,and of course the engine should be a litter or even more better than the current one.
Dear Surendar - I came across this link here:

Welcome to Facebook

Not sure if it is HM's work or someone's else's imagination..

Top Bottom