New Gen Mahindra Scorpio S10 ICE'd

Thread Starter #1
Dear Experts,
Really need your valuable inputs and suggestions as i am planning to change the ICE system for the Scorpio S10[confused]
> Car: Scorpio S10

> Budget Range: 15000 (Slightly expendable)

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.): Full sound setup with sub woofers and amplifiers other than the Head unit, Dampening as applicable.

> Preferred Brands (If any): None Specifically but did found out some interesting offers on Snapdeal: (Are the selling the Original Products?, if yes then How is it so cheap?)
Firstly-
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-gto509c-5-two-way/667029#Warranty
Secondly-
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-gto-s649c-65-inch/667217
(truly speaking i really did not quite understand the difference between the two)
Finally-
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/rockford-fosgate-combo/1019315648#bcrumbLabelId:311

Actually the setup i did for my old Scorpio Sle after a whole day of trial was:
1. Pioneer AVH X169DVD LCD Touchscreen
2. Bull Audio Two way Component in the front, and
3. Rockford Fosgate Co-Axial's in a custom made box at the aft, with rockford fosgate wiring.
Was pretty satisfied with those, but now as i may quote "DIL MAANGE MORE" since i can spare the cost of the head unit. :wink:

> Preferred Music Genre: Hip-Hop, Pop and some old school Rock.

> Existing Audio Setup: Dont really know the existing details of the S10 ICE

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions:
1. Is there any way i can use the existing stock speakers Eg. like trying to fit them in the center row? :stupid:
2. I really do not want to harm the existing head unit, voice assist and the steering mounted controls.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Ideas on ICE For New Gen Scorpio S10

Very sad, didn't find anyone to help me out[frustration]
Still on further research, i did narrow down to the following deals on Snapdeal:
1. For the Rear :http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-gto-949-6-inch/257886
2. Front: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-gto509c-5-two-way/667029#Warranty
3. Subwoofer: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl...5B - 12 inch Subwoofer Box Enclosure (1100 W)
Please advise whether the above configuration looks okay because i am not sure on the size of the forward co-axials.
Also i need some advise for selecting the Amplifier unit and how to Power up all the Speakers.

Thread Starter #4
Ice upgraded..(hot)

Just couldn't resist myself on visiting the Accessory shop, so TRANSFORMED the Scorpio S10 Audio completely, let the pictures do the talking[;)]
the riskiest part: Vehicle not yet visually inspected by RTO [evil]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9 (2).jpg

9 (3).jpg

9 (4).jpg

9 (5).jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Hai Rohit,
How does it sound? I am also planning and upgrade. Let me know your experience
I hope you connected these speakers and amp to the original music system unit in the car.

Thread Starter #7

Hai Rohit,
How does it sound? I am also planning and upgrade. Let me know your experience
I hope you connected these speakers and amp to the original music system unit in the car.
After Upgrade, I have felt a vast difference in Clarity and Punch.
Actually this sub-woofer has got an inbuilt amplifier, so it doesn't need any. (Just a splitter from the head unit because the company fitted one does not have a separate output for an amplifier and sub, and direct power from the battery)
Coming to the speakers they did make satisfactory difference without connecting to the amp (Kept the same company fitted wiring)
Although tried with the JBL amplifier, the sound was becoming too loud and kind of unpleasant to me, so skipped the Amplifier for now.
Will can upload a video demonstrating the same if you like![:D]

Thread Starter #8
This is the final break-up of the Damages Incurred [lol]:

Woofer Wiring Kit : Rs 1700
Set Line out Convertor: Rs 1500
Component Speaker Rockford Fosgate (R1675-S): Rs 7500
Sub woofer Enclosure Cadence (FXB 12CA): Rs 13500
Oval Speakers Cadence (FS6935): Rs. 6400
Oval Box: Rs 750
Wiring: Rs 875
3D Foot-mats: Rs 6850

Dear Experts,
Am looking to upgrade ICE on Scorpio S10 barring the head unit, kindly suggest a suitable good configuration upto a budget of 40-50k. Looking at brands like Rockford.

Thread Starter #13
Dear Experts,
Am looking to upgrade ICE on Scorpio S10 barring the head unit, kindly suggest a suitable good configuration upto a budget of 40-50k. Looking at brands like Rockford.
Hi rajanysvv,
If you have gone through the thread,
My Own Upgrade was around the same budget and the forward components were Rockford.
So It narrows down to this that if you want an Amplifier, you can skip the Subwoofer to keep the budget Intact.
The Sound Effect I get with this configuration is Just too Good and Difficult to put together in words.[;)]
Tried to make a Video with the volumes High Up but it was not clear due to the bass effect.[cry]

Hi Rohit,
Can u please specify the size or diameter of the factory fitted front speakers and the rear speakers that you have upgraded from? I.E. We're the front 6" or 6.5" and rear 5" or 5.25"?

Thread Starter #15
Hi Rohit,
Can u please specify the size or diameter of the factory fitted front speakers and the rear speakers that you have upgraded from? I.E. We're the front 6" or 6.5" and rear 5" or 5.25"?
The Factory Fitted speakers were of 6.5" Front Only, because I just Disconnected the Rear Speakers, kept the Original ones in their Location,
So do no really know their Size.[confused]
But All I can Say they looked of the same size.

Top Bottom