New Gearless Scooter Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kannan,

Looking at your requirements of flat seat and good comfort for pillion and also a reliable in every aspect is "Honda Dream Yuga". Please go and do the TD along with your wife.

I am really happy with its peppiness and good response,FE, and finally my wife's comments of good seating position where she was really unhappy with slingshot earlier

Thread Starter #32
@Kannan,

Looking at your requirements of flat seat and good comfort for pillion and also a reliable in every aspect is "Honda Dream Yuga". Please go and do the TD along with your wife.

I am really happy with its peppiness and good response,FE, and finally my wife's comments of good seating position where she was really unhappy with slingshot earlier
Thank you very much for the fast response.
i have driven my friendd's Yuga. but i was not comfortable with it.

Thread Starter #35
finalizing

Disco 150 is a very comfortable commuter, you can also TD the all new Discover 125ST
visran, Disco 150 may be good, but the 125ST is made of lot of plastics and rattling is high(one of the neighbour bought it few days back)[:)]
thank you both.
i did some research ask asked around.
funniest part is that here everyone is considering Discover as single entity (whether it si 100, 125, 150, 135 or 125st) and have very bad opinion about the bike.
i have been using bajaj for 20 years and am very happy with the bike. but the general trend here is that HeroHonda is the best. and bajaj does not have any resale value. because of this nobody other than die-hard bajaj fans are interested in buying one. most of my friends, when buying a car or bike first look at its re-sale value.
as for me i am not planning to sell it after 3 years.
so if Discover 150 is good then i might try it!

as for the new Bullet i went to some mechanics and they said that the maintenance is low and it gives decent mileage too. the only trouble is the waiting period.

so now waiting for some more information from other friends. by this week i have to decide on it. or else i will stick with my Bajaj 4S and use car more often.[frustration]
the main trouble is finding parking space, not to mention traffic blocks and FE.

Dear Visran, i have to agree with Gurrala about the 125ST even though it comes with lot of new technologies, from the pictures i have seen the rear seat is more inclined and the height seems lower too. so i think i will stick with 150 (or bullet)
if anyone have bad experience with Discover 150 kindly share.

Thread Starter #36
final decision. help required

Hi all,
today both me and my wife went for the TD.

1. Royal Enfield
showroom reception was kind of cold. they said a waiting period of 6 months for the Std and 4 months for the new Thunderbird 350. a TD vehicle was not available.
OTR price
350 UCE Std. 1,05,182
Thunderbird 350 1,36,442
Electra (disc) 1,17,810

i was not able to take a TD, but both of us sat on one of the UCE. it was very difficult for my wife to climb on to one. and the height seemed very low for me for the drivers position.

2. Bajaj showroom
i took a TD of Discover 125ST, Discover 150 and the Pulsar 150. as for Avenger since the seating position was too low i dropped the idea
Discover 125 ST. good one but the rear seat height is too much for my wife to easily climb up. so left out. remaining are Pulsar and Discover 150.

Avenger 220 OTR 88,180.00

Discover 150, OTR 62,290.00
+ tall good riding position
+ good brakes
+ mirrors, saree guard etc comes as standard accessories
+ good mileage
+ decent pickup

- little hard seat
- no rev counter

Pulsar 150 OTR 77,499.00

+ superb pickup
+smooth gear shift
+ great riding position (don't know for long rides)
+ most easiest for my wife to climb onto rear seat
+ long seats

- slightly leaning riding position
- low FE
- kicker position is little hard also my leg hits the rear foot rest

Now discover 150 has tall riding position, while Pulsar has a leaning forward position. friends please advice the comfort on long rides on the Pulsar.
i have to decide between Std350 UCE, Discover 150 DTSi and Pulsar 150 DTSi by next week (max Tuesday). please pour in your comments

Last edited:
Re: final decision. help required

Now discover 150 has tall riding position, while Pulsar has a leaning forward position. friends please advice the comfort on long rides on the Pulsar.
i have to decide between Std350 UCE, Discover 150 DTSi and Pulsar 150 DTSi by next week (max Tuesday). please pour in your comments
If you are looking at a comfortable everyday commuter then i would request you to stick with either Disco150 or STD350(if you are willing to wait), Pulsar has a more of sporty sitting posture which on a longer journey's might not be as comfortable.

Thread Starter #38

If you are looking at a comfortable everyday commuter then i would request you to stick with either Disco150 or STD350(if you are willing to wait), Pulsar has a more of sporty sitting posture which on a longer journey's might not be as comfortable.
i too though like that. but the seating comfort was superb, with minimal strain on back and arms.
i only had trouble on u-turns because of the low handle bars. also i think the torque is little low on the Pulsar when compared with discover.

i too though like that. but the seating comfort was superb, with minimal strain on back and arms.
i only had trouble on u-turns because of the low handle bars. also i think the torque is little low on the Pulsar when compared with discover.
We have a bunch of early model Disco 100cc which are being used for our office purpose, it's been more than 2 years and all the bikes have crossed more than 50K on the odo and till date not even once the bike has stalled or broken down in between a journey, i can confidently say that the bike is as reliable as other's in this budget.
Is their any waiting period? any discount's ? if chosen which colour are you planning to put your money on ?

Thread Starter #40

We have a bunch of early model Disco 100cc which are being used for our office purpose, it's been more than 2 years and all the bikes have crossed more than 50K on the odo and till date not even once the bike has stalled or broken down in between a journey, i can confidently say that the bike is as reliable as other's in this budget.
Is their any waiting period? any discount's ? if chosen which colour are you planning to put your money on ?
Thank you visran.
there is no waiting period. they did not mention any discounts. will there be any? also since i have a 92 Bajaj will i get any Loyalty bonus or something like that.

one of my friend has to confirm the Std 350 then i will take another TD on the Discover 150, with clutch fully set, then i will make my decision.
meanwhile i will try to get my friend's Pulsar 150 and try it more.

Thread Starter #41
i used my friend's pulsar 150 for a whole day for short runs, with my wife as pillion and without too, i must say even the bike is in a shabby state (he is not careful with it) i am happy with the performance and comfort.

mods kindly change the title to "Alternate 2-wheeler - suggestions"

Thread Starter #43
hmm,

But I was very uncomfortable with Pulsar steering in city roads, I got shoulders pain by evening !! so check that out.
oh oh. that seems trouble, but yesterday i did a few short trips and was happy.
what to do. now i think the best option will be to keep my old bike and save the money[frustration]

what to do. now i think the best option will be to keep my old bike and save the money[frustration]
Hahahahaha, most of the times, it proved to be true for me, I often felt that I would have continued with my splendor which served my for 10 years, it has only two problems, one due to its age the pick was less with pillion, second was consuming more fuel. BUT see my foolish approach

1. Most of the times I drive alone
2. Fuel consumption was not a big thing for me as I used to drive it only from my home to office which is hardly below 1km, so see my stupidity below

I have sold it for Rs.20000/- and bought a Slingshot for Rs.55000/-
I was verymuch uncomfortable with slingshots suspension and poor FE and sold it out within 1-1/2 years usage for Rs.35000/- and bought Honda Dream yuga spending 57000/-[frustration]

Thread Starter #45
Hahahahaha, most of the times, it proved to be true for me, I often felt that I would have continued with my splendor which served my for 10 years, it has only two problems, one due to its age the pick was less with pillion, second was consuming more fuel. BUT see my foolish approach

1. Most of the times I drive alone
2. Fuel consumption was not a big thing for me as I used to drive it only from my home to office which is hardly below 1km, so see my stupidity below

I have sold it for Rs.20000/- and bought a Slingshot for Rs.55000/-
I was verymuch uncomfortable with slingshots suspension and poor FE and sold it out within 1-1/2 years usage for Rs.35000/- and bought Honda Dream yuga spending 57000/-[frustration]
This was one of the reasons that kept me from selling My Bajaj 4S (1992). riding solo it is a wonderful bike returns ~70kmpl. but the age has reduced the braking power and to some extent the stability.
with my wife as pillion it is really hard on us. that's why i started looking for alternative transportation.
one idea was to use the car as much as possible but
- its a petrol car
- traffic jam
- parking spot
etc made me think again
later i decided to buy a scooter for my wife, but she said that she is not interested in driving.
so next i looked for the RE bullet, but it has disappointed me because of the low driving position. and after a very long (almost 6 months ) planning now i have short listed Discover 150 and Pulsar 150. and many of my friends are recommending Pulsar 150
one of my friends recommend the slingshot but the rear is too high for my wife to climb.
the Yuga's seating was also not that good for us. is 57000/- OTR price?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom