New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #2,581

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I checked online and it said liberty general insurance is a private company. The main difference in price is the base price.
I haven't had a icici policy but the FNG said that they have good tie-up so claim won't be a problem.
Thanks for letting me know the other details too. Will keep that in mind.

Thread Starter #2,582

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
This issue is coming from last few days. First when it happened I thought the front tyre got punctured but that's not the case.
Alignment and balancing is ok. This doesn't happen when I apply brakes. Happen randomly at different speeds.

Steering motor going kaput ?

Thread Starter #2,586

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
There were 4-5 thumb pin in the tyre :/ don't know how and when this happened. Dad got air filled in tyres and it behaved normally for a while but as the tyre lost pressure plus the uneven surface because of the pins steering used to wobble.

Problem solved.

Did it take any bad roads recently? Is there any sound when this shaking comes in? Does the steering feel more weighty than usual?
Glad that your problem got sorted. Asked this specifically for that, if problem starts after going through a rough patch it is something from the tyres or tyre related primary components.

Thread Starter #2,588

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 5th Service Update | 40,000 Kms: Ownership Review

SF Sonic lasted only 2 -2.5 years(more running) in my santro and i10 (changed many times)
The battery guy is a relative and since dad took the car to the shop he installed SF Sonic. I'd have installed exide(got the same in Verna) let's see how long this last in the Figo. SF Sonic is brand of exide.
SF SONIC, died today. So again it failed just a little after 2 years. I couldn't find the bill so couldn't avail warranty benefits and got EXIDE battery installed for 3800rs after buyback of the old battery.

My aspire 1.5 diesel has run 27k kms in 3 yrs + . Just completed third annual service in January first week . And suddenly I noticed a weird problem. The front passenger side airbag panel has turned almost brown. As if the colour has faded away. I dont remember having this before the service . Did they replace it during service? Is it routine to open that during service? Did the colour fade away due to cleaning with some solvent during service? Completely confused there. Please see the attached photo. It is better appreciated in sunlight!

Attachments

Thread Starter #2,592

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The cover is made of the same material as the entire dashboard. If there was some reaction it would have covered more area and not limited to just this cover.

Get it checked asap. Have heard many big companies changing parts from customer's car. Get it checked in front of you.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
My aspire 1.5 diesel has run 27k kms in 3 yrs + . Just completed third annual service in January first week . And suddenly I noticed a weird problem. The front passenger side airbag panel has turned almost brown. As if the colour has faded away. I dont remember having this before the service . Did they replace it during service? Is it routine to open that during service? Did the colour fade away due to cleaning with some solvent during service? Completely confused there. Please see the attached photo. It is better appreciated in sunlight!
Your guess (highlighted part) looks to be correct. Cleaning with a discolouring/strong solvent wont make such a neat outline.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Did they replace it during service? Is it routine to open that during service? Did the colour fade away due to cleaning with some solvent during service? Completely confused there. Please see the attached photo. It is better appreciated in sunlight!
Thats Very Weird. Airbag is not a serviceable Item. If it was replaced with a Faulty/Dummy one, There should be Airbag Light on the dashboard. Check if Airbag fuse was removed or Relay shorted to Prevent the Light.

Other very likely reason is overuse of harsh Chemicals like Sanitizers. These things wreak havoc on Paint & Leather. Details in my XUV thread-
“Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (5 Years Report)

deville_56

Honoured Member
The dirt makes it look like a swapped part.

One of the Ford dealers here was infamous for swapping parts.

Last edited:

Top Bottom