New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Ford is cheap , only issue is sourcing the part when model gets discontinued (Eg- Friend's Fiesta's PCM issue - Power train control module ) .I always love the report after each service that Ford bill carries.(Ones visiting Harry Ford tvm , can contact Mr.Prem - Work supervisor , he knows nick and nack of most Fords )

Thread Starter #2,552

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If you stay and overlook their job (and of course the bill), Ford SVCs now comes par with Maruti. I ended up paying 2-3 times more for aftermarket parts. Ford OEM parts are cheap.
If you see my very first post I have uploaded images in which ford dealer had displayed aspire wear and tear parts with Swift's with prices as well and they were almost the same. But there are still some parts that are imported like the steering switch plus I found a new thing yesterday when I was getting the rear bumper repaired. Air vent at the rear bumper as well. I saw this for the first time in any car.
IMG_20191101_225745.jpg

And this part is made in Canada.
Aftermarket is cheap at kashmeri gate market , either you buy oem part or you can buy ford packaged part as well and they will give you 10% discount on list price.
Ford is cheap , only issue is sourcing the part when model gets discontinued (Eg- Friend's Fiesta's PCM issue - Power train control module ) .I always love the report after each service that Ford bill carries.(Ones visiting Harry Ford tvm , can contact Mr.Prem - Work supervisor , he knows nick and nack of most Fords )
Sourcing of parts seems problem for my Figo as well. They needed older parts first. Anyways I would have saved 1500 bucks getting it serviced outside but didn't want to stand in all this pollution plus wait for getting the car service at one place and getting it washed at another.

The thing is , for most parts it is vendor based (for maruti ,hyundai etc - maruti relies on sub brands , except for the petrol engine all parts of maruti have been tied up with a vendor[lol]) . For Ford , it is not the case , only bearings , injectors etc all come under sub brands . So hence the difficulty in sourcing parts . Also dealers of such parts will take high time in making it available to you , as thse parts don't fetch a profit for them (More the number of parts sold, better profit , most new gen ford customers give it to ASS rather than proquring from such parts dealers)

Thread Starter #2,554

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So someone rear ended my car and the bumper broke from the same place plus the tail light too.
Gave to some FNG for claim and the surveyor didn't give the boot's claim since the dent was present before also. Odo nearing 63k kms.
IMG_20191207_164831.jpg
IMG_20191207_164743.jpg
IMG_20191209_190320.jpg
IMG_20191209_192639~2.jpg

Thread Starter #2,556

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
That's good. But in my case they had photographs from the previous claim plus the boot was not damaged near the tail light. If it was then surely they would have covered it. They have to find it believable that the damaged happened because of one accident and not two.

Thread Starter #2,557

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Car got damaged once again [frustration]

4 cars were involved in the accident. Front fender , headlamp , bumper , bonnet and the grill got damaged this time. Had paid 1500rs for front bumper paint 15 days back[frustration]

Gave the car once again for insurance claim.

IMG_20191216_121933.jpg

Hi All,

Finally bought Mahindra XUV 300 W6 D after going through big dilemma with Maruti Brezza which is offered with good discounts. The reason for opting XUV 300 is for it's strong body, power and road presence.

Recently we went on a round trip from Visakhapatnam to Tirupati - Kanipakam - Arunachalam - Kancheepuram - Chennai - Badrachalam - Maredumiili covering nearly 2K Kms. It was very comfortable for doing such a long trip where we did not felt fatigue at all. Even my elderly parents who accompanied us on rear seats did not have any issues. But when I used to drive FIGO for 400 Kms, they complained of tiredness and discomfort.

The FE achieved during the trip is 19.6 kmpl @ 80 Kmph.

Now coming to Figo, the odo is at 35K only. The engine noise is higher side and there is a level of vibration felt on seats and steering. Need to check at FASS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been a while since I posted updates about my car - Figo Trend D 2015.
Car has just crossed 50000 kms and completed the scheduled service yesterday at Ford service after which I noticed a noise from steering while turning slightly left or right from center position at standstill. All is well once the car starts moving.
Went to service center today and they informed that the issue is with Power steering rack :( They said it is okay to drive for some more kilometers before replacing the steering rack. The cost would come around Rs. 20000 including labor; upon negotiating they said they can try to offer some discounts on the final amount. I told them I will get back to them when I am planning to do the repair.
Other issues that I have with the car now are:
1. The rear parcel tray is of poor quality, it has folded at the rear and lost its shape over time. I haven't placed any heavy stuff on it, but this happened.
2. The driver seat's base has torn at the bottom right corner! The seat base is going down about an inch upon sitting. I am a bit on the heavier side weighing around 95 kgs, still I believe it has more to do with the design or the fabric quality.

Other than these issues, the car is doing great and brings a smile every time I drive it.

Its been a while since I posted updates about my car - Figo Trend D 2015.
Car has just crossed 50000 kms and completed the scheduled service yesterday at Ford service after which I noticed a noise from steering while turning slightly left or right from center position at standstill. All is well once the car starts moving.
Went to service center today and they informed that the issue is with Power steering rack :( They said it is okay to drive for some more kilometers before replacing the steering rack. The cost would come around Rs. 20000 including labor; upon negotiating they said they can try to offer some discounts on the final amount. I told them I will get back to them when I am planning to do the repair.
Other issues that I have with the car now are:
1. The rear parcel tray is of poor quality, it has folded at the rear and lost its shape over time. I haven't placed any heavy stuff on it, but this happened.
2. The driver seat's base has torn at the bottom right corner! The seat base is going down about an inch upon sitting. I am a bit on the heavier side weighing around 95 kgs, still I believe it has more to do with the design or the fabric quality.

Other than these issues, the car is doing great and brings a smile every time I drive it.
Seems like localization has taken Ford in both directions, on the cheapness side, sure its cheaper to buy and service than before, but quality wise, I feel Ford has taken a hit as well. That said its still not over the top expensive which is a relief.

Thread Starter #2,561

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ satson - even I noticed the tick sound coming today from the steering wheel. It's very minimal though . Don't think it needs attention for now.
My rear tray is fine and it's always loaded with something. But my driver's side door panel has started squeaking a little bit. When I press it against my elbow , noise stops.

I am back to driving Figo now since I have to travel 50kms a day now. I have driven it for 570 kms and the fuel guage has reached just the quarter mark. Was driving Elantra for the past few months and it never crossed 450kms even in full tank. Will update the mileage in a few days.

Last edited:
@allhyundaicars
Yes, the sound is barely audible most of the times. The driver side door panel squeaks for me too and is a deterrent sometimes.
On a side note, I was thinking about moving to Ecosport diesel, but still I am not sure if it's worth it. Let me know your thoughts about it.

Mr.Satson , Ecosport diesel is one of the best in segment . But my advice is do wait till mid 2020 , to check whether Ecosport will get some updates , especially with entry of Seltos .
Just in time,
Next-Gen Ford EcoSport Images Leaked In Brazil - CarandBike
Seems like Ford is not a good choice to consider at least for a year or two. If brand is not specific one can go with VW or skoda instead. The whole concept of Ecospprt might change in a few months time.

Just in time,
Next-Gen Ford EcoSport Images Leaked In Brazil - CarandBike
Seems like Ford is not a good choice to consider at least for a year or two. If brand is not specific one can go with VW or skoda instead. The whole concept of Ecospprt might change in a few months time.
Going for a Ford may not be a good idea due to the uncertainty with the Ford-Mahindra alliance. Thanks for posting the news about new Ecosport :)

Top Bottom