New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

re: New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 5th Service Update | 40,000 Kms: Ownership Review
to rectify the rattle they fixed some felt lining under the headlights and a missing turbo intercooler bush. The noise appears to have subsided but still not gone.
I am sorry that I am visiting an old post for one of my queries, I have a similar issue due to missing intercooler bush, I wanted to know if that spare is available in isolation or part of the entire setup? Any cost details if you recall is much appreciated. Hope the issue never reoccurred in your case.

I am sorry that I am visiting an old post for one of my queries, I have a similar issue due to missing intercooler bush, I wanted to know if that spare is available in isolation or part of the entire setup? Any cost details if you recall is much appreciated. Hope the issue never reoccurred in your case.
The issue was later identified as due to bent tier rod ends. They were replaced under warranty at around 30k kms. Regarding intercooler bush - I was not charged for it, they replaced it under warranty. I think it is a separate unit.

Hi All,
This is to update my figo status.
Car has completed 1 yr from the 4th service interval and got 5th service done at ODO 33K. I was busy with work schedules and has no time to take the car out for long drives is the reason for less run. After the service i took for a small 100 km trip and observed that there is a difference from initial RPM and speed.
Ex: In the initial run when RPM @1250 the speed is at 60 KMPH (Refer my previous posts mentioned the same). But now at 1400-1450 RPM achievin 60 KMPH. Is this is common behavior after running few KMS or there any problem (if so pls throw some light on this how to rectify).
Other issues:
Spoiler light and rear right side brake lights bulbs are not working. Checked at SC they quoted 1850+tax for replacement of bulbs- Is it worth?

Thread Starter #2,539

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Don't know about the rpm issue but i think the reason for high bulb charges is that the spoiler light comes as a whole assembly and not just a bulb. Advisor told me this some time back. Get it checked from a local mechanic if only the bulb can be replaced. If you don't have warranty better to get it replaced outside. Go to the sc as last resort for this issue. Do update.

My car's latest odo reading.
IMG_20190708_133701.jpg

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ex: In the initial run when RPM @1250 the speed is at 60 KMPH (Refer my previous posts mentioned the same). But now at 1400-1450 RPM achievin 60 KMPH. Is this is common behavior after running few KMS or there any problem (if so pls throw some light on this how to rectify).
Is yours an Automatic?
Spoiler light and rear right side brake lights bulbs are not working. Checked at SC they quoted 1850+tax for replacement of bulbs- Is it worth?
You can try changing bulbs yourself. I did on my XUV.. The bulb was 20 bucks.
“Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (5 Years Report)

The spoiler however is a sealed unit and will need complete replacement.

Update on my Figo Trend Diesel, 2015 model.
Car is approaching 46000 kms and recently started showing signs of aging battery. Symptoms were slower engine cranking, display turning off occasionally on cranking etc.
To avoid the risk of getting stranded somewhere with a dead battery, I got it replaced with Amaron 45 DIN (24+24=48 months warranty) today. Total cost came to 4500/- with old battery.
Apart from some minor creaks from dash and slightly more engine noise/roughness (on idle), the car is going strong.

Thread Starter #2,544

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
car's nearing 60k kms mark. another 1k km for the car service as well. don't think i will be giving the car to Harpreet Ford after all the past service drama. have to replace engine oil , oil filter , air filter , fuel filter , and ac filter and maybe the front and rear brake pads as well since those haven't been changed even once.
now the question is should i give the car outside or some other service centre [thinking] what do you guy say ? i can buy original parts from kashmeri gate market(saves me some money as well}) and get it changed from my trusted mechanic which again will save me some money.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
car's nearing 60k kms mark. another 1k km for the car service as well. .....now the question is should i give the car outside or some other service centre [thinking] what do you guy say ? i can buy original parts from kashmeri gate market(saves me some money as well}) and get it changed from my trusted mechanic which again will save me some money.
Shikhar, it would be better to go for other Ford ASC instead of open market specially Kashmiri gate. I agree over there the price is lower but the authenticity of the spares is questionable. It isn't easy to find a genuine spare shop over there. Saving a few bucks but compromising on the essential spares isn't a good move according to me. Another option can be, telling your trusted mechanic to purchase the spares and prior to fixing you can check them or best would be to accompany him for purchasing the spares. I would suggest to avoid Kashmiri gate.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #2,546

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You should come with me to kashmiri gate market. I have bought numerous original parts from kashmiri gate market. Rushubh autombil stocks only Hyundai genuine parts. There are other multibrand parts shop like BKS motors and Swauto motors. These are big showrooms which stock OE Products. Duplicate parts are available in model Town 1 market but you can get oem parts too from there.

Hi All..!!
Hope everyone are doing good.
My Figo ODO is at 35K. The engine noise is gradually increasing and rest all OK.

OFF-TOPIC
There is a requirement of compact SUV under 11L budget and confused to pick one among the below.

1.) Maruthi Brezza ZDI :
Maruthi is throwing good offers on brezza
ZDI @ OTR of 104000/- includes free 5 years warranty
+ Freebies
Under body anti rust coating,
Teflon coating
12K discount over 32K on modification kit.

+ves
Tested and proved car.
Service center is near by our house.
Good discounts.
Under our budget.
24KMPL
-ves
Poor interiors & plastic.
The door looks very thin.
Since Maruthi confirmed they are going to stop diesel engine production worried about spares availability.
Resale value.

2.) XUV 300 W6 or W8

W6 (D) & W8 (D) OTR @ 1080000 & 1271000 respectively.

W8 is too pricey and out of our budget.

So W6 is the option
+Ves
Exterior and interiors looks damn good.
Front seats are wider.
Back seat will fit 3 of them easily.
Power delivery is amazing
-Ves
Mahindra service & cost
Reliability
Missing fog lamps, seat height adjustment, Alloy wheels etc.,
Beige interiors hard to maintain.
No good discounts.
20KMPL

Please help me out which is the best to pick.

Thread Starter #2,548

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Mike make a new thread so that other can also suggest you what to chose. However don't chose brezza. I have the AMT version and it's with me just because of the AMT. The car feels light and as soon as it touches 100kmph you will feel very nervous. The sound plus stability have so much difference in speed of 90kmph and 100kmph.
In Delhi traffic I get 13-15kmpl mileage. Also in the new thread mention the price bifurcation and not just the otr.

Thread Starter #2,549

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Got the service today from a new dealer hemkund ford. I went to kashmeri gate market only to waste my time. The shop where I usually buy parts was so crowded and when I went to another shop he asked me to bring old parts and then only he can get the new parts.
Dropped the idea of aftermarket service and gave it to this service centre.

7000rs paid for all the items. There was only 1 extra item , some sensor cleaning to which I said go ahead. Got 15% off on labor and 50% off only on the oil filter.
He also had some other 1500rs thing attached to the bill to which I protested since he didn't ask me to perform it and in a minute he removed that item like it was nothing.

IMG_20191101_175111.jpg

I was thinking about getting the brake pads changed from outside but according to the sc report card they have life even at 61k kms. That's Something.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Got the service today from a new dealer hemkund ford. I went to kashmeri gate market only to waste my time. The shop where I usually buy parts was so crowded and when I went to another shop he asked me to bring old parts and then only he can get the new parts.
Dropped the idea of aftermarket service and gave it to this service centre.

7000rs paid for all the items. There was only 1 extra item , some sensor cleaning to which I said go ahead. Got 15% off on labor and 50% off only on the oil filter.
He also had some other 1500rs thing attached to the bill to which I protested since he didn't ask me to perform it and in a minute he removed that item like it was nothing.

View attachment 265720

I was thinking about getting the brake pads changed from outside but according to the sc report card they have life even at 61k kms. That's Something.
If you stay and overlook their job (and of course the bill), Ford SVCs now comes par with Maruti. I ended up paying 2-3 times more for aftermarket parts. Ford OEM parts are cheap.

Top Bottom