New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

My Figo Trend Diesel is going to complete three years this February and the warranty is expiring too. Car has completed close to 38000 kms.
I had the below issues:
1. Steering mounted audio control is stuck, we cannot skip to previous track or take calls
2. Right ORVM - lateral movement of the mirror stopped working
3. Couple of rubber bushes on the door and bonnet were missing/broken

Steering audio switch issue was acknowledged quickly by the service center and was replaced under warranty in a time span of 1.5 hours - Great!
The ORVM had a small scratch and Ford won't approve the warranty for the mirror motor due to this. They say, the scratch means the mirror was hit by something and hence warranty will be mostly rejected. Decided to live with it as I don't have to fiddle with the mirror adjustment so often.
One of the rubber bushes was replaced free of cost and the other one (door side) was billed. It came around Rs. 121.00.
Total bill : Rs.121.00

My Figo Trend Diesel is going to complete three years this February and the warranty is expiring too. Car has completed close to 38000 kms.
I had the below issues:
1. Steering mounted audio control is stuck, we cannot skip to previous track or take calls
2. Right ORVM - lateral movement of the mirror stopped working
3. Couple of rubber bushes on the door and bonnet were missing/broken

Steering audio switch issue was acknowledged quickly by the service center and was replaced under warranty in a time span of 1.5 hours - Great!
The ORVM had a small scratch and Ford won't approve the warranty for the mirror motor due to this. They say, the scratch means the mirror was hit by something and hence warranty will be mostly rejected. Decided to live with it as I don't have to fiddle with the mirror adjustment so often.
One of the rubber bushes was replaced free of cost and the other one (door side) was billed. It came around Rs. 121.00.
Total bill : Rs.121.00
Overall seems respectable regarding cost of maintenance till date
But how does the car feel in general, Does the lower state of built quality compared to older Fords really resonate into the car with age ?

Overall seems respectable regarding cost of maintenance till date
But how does the car feel in general, Does the lower state of built quality compared to older Fords really resonate into the car with age ?
The car still feels great to drive and is aging gracefully.
The creaky plastics are bit annoying and there are couple of rattles here and there which I am planning to fix in the next service (hopefully).
Apart from the light rear doors, the build quality was never a concern for me. Still it is better than the top selling hatchbacks in India.
I had the following replaced/repaired under warranty:
1. Four tires changed to Michelin (Cost: total of Rs.5000 for me)
2. Front tie rod ends (no cost)
3. Steering audio control (no cost)

The 100ps engine is the heart of the matter as you know and it brings a smile every time you drive it :) It is very fuel efficient too.

Thread Starter #2,509

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Got the tyres changed to Yokohama earth 1 @ 4100rs per tyre. Standard size replacement.
IMG_20190206_160200.jpg

IMG_20190206_160253.jpg

IMG_20190206_160215.jpg

So the advisor was lying that he has done caliper pin greasing plus brake cleaning for which he has charged me in the bill. Talked with him and he accepted his mistake. Now let's see how long does he take to return back my money through proper channels. Earlier he was saying I will send the money via Paytm to which I said why should I take your money. Get me the money from Ford.
Not going to take my car anymore to harpreet Ford.

IMG_20190206_160210.jpg

IMG_20190206_160205.jpg

also got a call from Ford representative about the complaint I made about the 15 days they took to repair the car.
after confirming the details with me she didn't say anything to me what steps will be taken care off , future discounts or getting details from the advisor. Instead she asked me " what do you want " [surprise]
Hell , give me a mustang (obviously didn't say this) [lol] I just hung up the phone. I was really surprised why and what the hell I will tell you what you can do. Really lame representative.

Last edited:
Got the tyres changed to Yokohama earth 1 @ 4100rs per tyre. Standard size replacement.
View attachment 256179

View attachment 256181

View attachment 256199
So the advisor was lying that he has done caliper pin greasing plus brake cleaning for which he has charged me in the bill. Talked with him and he accepted his mistake. Now let's see how long does he take to return back my money through proper channels. Earlier he was saying I will send the money via Paytm to which I said why should I take your money. Get me the money from Ford.
Not going to take my car anymore to harpreet Ford.

View attachment 256177

View attachment 256178

also got a call from Ford representative about the complaint I made about the 15 days they took to repair the car.
after confirming the details with me she didn't say anything to me what steps will be taken care off , future discounts or getting details from the advisor. Instead she asked me " what do you want " [surprise]
Hell , give me a mustang (obviously didn't say this) [lol] I just hung up the phone. I was really surprised why and what the hell I will tell you what you can do. Really lame representative.
Well this is a lot say a great after sales experience is what majority desire even more than better quality in car, all this said, these kinds of things often happen with Hyundai and Maruti as well, I too have seen such issues being reported and in some cases the dealer getting into fight with customer for reporting , but with Hyundai/Maruti the customer always have the choice of a second dealership within another 5 km radius , my friend Anand Michael has Brezza for which he was forced to take Teflon and under body coating, he succumbed to it during purchase, actually we know under body coating means there is just a treatment to the under body parts with some hard paint like material, no physical structure to protect parts, but after delivery when I saw the car once while he was getting his car aligned after first service, I noticed that even that under body coating was not done, and when the matter was raised to dealer the dealer argued that the coating was done but it got ""WASHED"" away due to heavy rain, I mean, think of it, Now after investigating deeper into his service bills we found a lot of work like, "DISC BRAKE CLEANING" 450 Rs, again raised questions to dealer and this time dealer was trying to fight us.
As disappointed as Anand is he moved to another dealer for ASS but still find some mysterious things in service bills which amount to around 5-6k per service, as far as I understand for a dealer SERVICE is what gives them the biggest revenue , the profit via sales is marginal as the dealer should provide incentives, staff salary, bills etc, so the service is their biggest saving grace, so this is there for all brands, but since Maruti/Hyundai/Honda etc has too much establishment among Indian minds many will keep on jumping dealers or some will live with it, Ford service is like a sinusoidal wave, at times its great, then the next time its a big flop, it never holds a line, anyway I hope @allhyundai cars have already started searching for a 3rd party service personnel outside of Ford. These complaints to Ford CRM etc dosent make any effect, the dealers will always be given favor by the brands.

Where does your friend give it for service ?
I can help you if its a Maruti .
Ok, now its cleared, the INDUS people were playing games, now with Hercules and matters are much better, but I didnt post this and many such issues in TAI ,because I dont want myself to be perceived as anti Maruti/Hyundai person , because from what I see, all brands are doing this, this fake service bills etc , I also know one Creat 1.6 CRDi customer who has issues with fuel pump just at 60k kms, the car looses power suddenly while overtaking etc, Hyundai said its turbo issue and they changed whole turbo assembly etc at a huge cost and the problem repeated after a few 1000 kms, now they say its fuel pump, but still Creta sells like hot cakes in India showing the brand power of Hyundai in India
Ford already not in a good position again trying to cheat customers is just too lame considering they are just hanging on a thread for survival

Anyway moving on , new news

The new 2020 Ford cars will loose the 1.2l Dragon Petrol and 1.5l TDCi engine

The 1.2l Dragon will be replaced by a BS VI compliant Mahindra 1198 cc turbo petrol making around 110 PS and 200 NM and the 1.5l TDCI will be replaced by the new XUV300 1.5l DOHC motor in BS VI state of tune ie 115 PS and 300 NM , the 1.5l Dragon Petrol might be retained as its their only choice for Automatic gearbox mating

Hercules is not worth the time bro , I don't prefer them , as they fool around with vehicle . I give my car at Indus , Murinjapalam (Works manager is my friend there ) , and also Sarathy Motors ,Pappanamcode (Works Manager there is also my friend ).

Hercules is not worth the time bro , I don't prefer them , as they fool around with vehicle . I give my car at Indus , Murinjapalam (Works manager is my friend there ) , and also Sarathy Motors ,Pappanamcode (Works Manager there is also my friend ).
Ok next time, will advice Anand to prefer Murinjapalam Indus

Thread Starter #2,516

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@1989- these experience varies Everytime. The main problem is the time taken by them which irritated me the most. Anyways leaving that problem aside they definitely have done improvement in the service. The vibrations have reduced a lot while driving and there's negligible shake when I turn of the car. Previously it felt like a truck turning off , now it's no more. Plus the new tyres have made the ride very comfortable. I no longer feel potholes nor do o feel the suspension to be very harsh. It was All the work of those pathetic mrf's zvtv.
Enjoyed the drive today.
The advisor refunded the amount today when I again sent a message to Ford Twitter account.

I would advise you against having a tussle with the ford Authorized center. I had a botch up when I asked for Happy Pocket Service service at the FASS and they simply topped upped and charged me 2.4k for that! I came to know of this botch up after they cooly asked me to come for service after I had driven for 5k kms on the old oil. I simply started doing oil change at a FNG with Mobile 1 on my 55k km service and now I had filled Delvac 5w40 for my 65k.

Dind't bother to escalate because it can prove good to have a normal relationship with them when things go beyond the ambit of FNG(God Forbid).

Doing the oil change outside is much cheaper than at FASS. I spend 600rs for the labor+400 for the filter+2400 for the best synthetic oil I can find.

Hi All,
Hope everyone are doing good.
After three years two months the battery gave up yesterday. Please advise which is best OEM from ford or suggest any good brand & model.

I would advise you against having a tussle with the ford Authorized center. I had a botch up when I asked for Happy Pocket Service service at the FASS and they simply topped upped and charged me 2.4k for that! I came to know of this botch up after they cooly asked me to come for service after I had driven for 5k kms on the old oil. I simply started doing oil change at a FNG with Mobile 1 on my 55k km service and now I had filled Delvac 5w40 for my 65k.

Dind't bother to escalate because it can prove good to have a normal relationship with them when things go beyond the ambit of FNG(God Forbid).

Doing the oil change outside is much cheaper than at FASS. I spend 600rs for the labor+400 for the filter+2400 for the best synthetic oil I can find.
You are the one who pays sir , one definitely have the right to escalate to higher authorities if the lower ones don't do justice to what you pay for.

Top Bottom