New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Ford is cheap , only issue is sourcing the part when model gets discontinued (Eg- Friend's Fiesta's PCM issue - Power train control module ) .I always love the report after each service that Ford bill carries.(Ones visiting Harry Ford tvm , can contact Mr.Prem - Work supervisor , he knows nick and nack of most Fords )

Thread Starter #2,552

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If you stay and overlook their job (and of course the bill), Ford SVCs now comes par with Maruti. I ended up paying 2-3 times more for aftermarket parts. Ford OEM parts are cheap.
If you see my very first post I have uploaded images in which ford dealer had displayed aspire wear and tear parts with Swift's with prices as well and they were almost the same. But there are still some parts that are imported like the steering switch plus I found a new thing yesterday when I was getting the rear bumper repaired. Air vent at the rear bumper as well. I saw this for the first time in any car.
IMG_20191101_225745.jpg

And this part is made in Canada.
Aftermarket is cheap at kashmeri gate market , either you buy oem part or you can buy ford packaged part as well and they will give you 10% discount on list price.
Ford is cheap , only issue is sourcing the part when model gets discontinued (Eg- Friend's Fiesta's PCM issue - Power train control module ) .I always love the report after each service that Ford bill carries.(Ones visiting Harry Ford tvm , can contact Mr.Prem - Work supervisor , he knows nick and nack of most Fords )
Sourcing of parts seems problem for my Figo as well. They needed older parts first. Anyways I would have saved 1500 bucks getting it serviced outside but didn't want to stand in all this pollution plus wait for getting the car service at one place and getting it washed at another.

The thing is , for most parts it is vendor based (for maruti ,hyundai etc - maruti relies on sub brands , except for the petrol engine all parts of maruti have been tied up with a vendor[lol]) . For Ford , it is not the case , only bearings , injectors etc all come under sub brands . So hence the difficulty in sourcing parts . Also dealers of such parts will take high time in making it available to you , as thse parts don't fetch a profit for them (More the number of parts sold, better profit , most new gen ford customers give it to ASS rather than proquring from such parts dealers)

Top Bottom