New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Re: New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 5th Service Update | 40,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Crossed 3500kms now... Done the first free service at 2500kms. There was two major rattling sounds since delivery. Got it solved in first service .
1) A "ghooor" sound ( a constant vibrating sound) at driver's end , more noticeable in in 1st n 2nd gears., I mean in low speeds.
Sloved : it was from the loose headlight assembly that transmitted this sound to drivers side into the cabin. The S.A reassembled it and filled the gap inside the assembly. They were aware of this rattling since majority of brand new aspire n figo had this issue. Its gone for now.
2) Rattling from front Left side door. - Solved: A black rubber bush was missing from the doors upper end. They put a new one and the rattling is gone.
A) Guys, now what disappoints me is the millage of the car. At the time of delivery it showed 17km/L. Now the display shows 19.5 km/l. But i have checked by cutoff filling method and i was shocked to see the milage is only 12km/L. Suggestions welcomed.
B) Also the NVH level is not that good in my opinion. The ground n tire noise are so audible into the cabin. But in smooth highway roads its very quite. Could it be due to 195 Apollo 4g tyres ? Even the horn is so audible. Is it possible to change the direction of the horn ?
C) very recently, few new rattlings started. One from the back right side door and the other one from dashboard box. Any idea ?
No peace of mind due to this rattlings !!!!
A. Mileage will improve over time, it will take nearly 10,000 kms to get a stable mileage.
B. Swapping to Mishcellin or Yokohama will reduce tire noise and road noise, but there will still be wind noise while nearing 90 kmph and beyond, more rubber seals on door shut lining region is only scope of reducing them, some after market car modifiers do this job.
C. Rattling is difficult to source and contain, best thing we can do about it is, to find source of rattles and quoting them to service centres. But I dont think Figo,Aspire will be completely rattle free cars like some bigger cars from Ford itself like Ecosport.

Re: New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 5th Service Update | 40,000 Kms: Ownership Review

A. Mileage will improve over time, it will take nearly 10,000 kms to get a stable mileage.
B. Swapping to Mishcellin or Yokohama will reduce tire noise and road noise, but there will still be wind noise while nearing 90 kmph and beyond, more rubber seals on door shut lining region is only scope of reducing them, some after market car modifiers do this job.
C. Rattling is difficult to source and contain, best thing we can do about it is, to find source of rattles and quoting them to service centres. But I dont think Figo,Aspire will be completely rattle free cars like some bigger cars from Ford itself like Ecosport.
Do you think the 3m acoustic dampning of four door panels will help with tire and ground noise ? They quoted 6500/- for that.
Rattling is so noticeable. I dont know why a car from ford happened to be like this. Other than these issues, its a great car to drive ! So damn good !

Do you think the 3m acoustic dampning of four door panels will help with tire and ground noise ? They quoted 6500/- for that.
Rattling is so noticeable. I dont know why a car from ford happened to be like this. Other than these issues, its a great car to drive ! So damn good !
Yes 3M acoustic damping will make lot of progress in improving NVH, its a proven solution as well , so good choice to have in a car like Figo S which has stiffer springs which might account for higher rate of impacts entering cabin,
In general, Fords built quality for Figo and Aspire are not as good as ones in Ecospprt or even MK I Figo, but its still debatable as some people have minimal issues wheteas ssome has constant rattles, probably a sign of weak QC from factory. I think 3M can reduce this horror to a large extent.

Facing problem with low power headlamps in my Aspire particularly while driving at night in this rainy season. High beam is just about adequate but low beam is really insufficient. Trying to manage by switching on the fog lamps. Cannot change to high intensity lamps because Ford might negate my warranty if there is reflector burning issue. Any solution? [sad]

Facing problem with low power headlamps in my Aspire particularly while driving at night in this rainy season. High beam is just about adequate but low beam is really insufficient. Trying to manage by switching on the fog lamps. Cannot change to high intensity lamps because Ford might negate my warranty if there is reflector burning issue. Any solution? [sad]
Swap to 90w bulbs Philips Osarm is very good, you can have it done at a local dealer and as long as they dont notuce it, its not at all an issue

bhvm

Honoured Member
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ed-headlight-conversion-bulbs-cars-bikes.html

Crossed 3500kms now... Done the first free service at 2500kms. There was two major rattling sounds since delivery. Got it solved in first service .
1) A "ghooor" sound ( a constant vibrating sound) at driver's end , more noticeable in in 1st n 2nd gears., I mean in low speeds.
Sloved : it was from the loose headlight assembly that transmitted this sound to drivers side into the cabin. The S.A reassembled it and filled the gap inside the assembly. They were aware of this rattling since majority of brand new aspire n figo had this issue. Its gone for now.
2) Rattling from front Left side door. - Solved: A black rubber bush was missing from the doors upper end. They put a new one and the rattling is gone.
A) Guys, now what disappoints me is the millage of the car. At the time of delivery it showed 17km/L. Now the display shows 19.5 km/l. But i have checked by cutoff filling method and i was shocked to see the milage is only 12km/L. Suggestions welcomed.
B) Also the NVH level is not that good in my opinion. The ground n tire noise are so audible into the cabin. But in smooth highway roads its very quite. Could it be due to 195 Apollo 4g tyres ? Even the horn is so audible. Is it possible to change the direction of the horn ?
C) very recently, few new rattlings started. One from the back right side door and the other one from dashboard box. Any idea ?
No peace of mind due to this rattlings !!!!
A. I got stable mileage on my cars only after crossing 25K Kms. Seems a lot but yes thats True. Also the engines opened up nicely past 35k kms.

BTW, What is your driving style? RPMs and all?

B Dynamat or Damping seems to the solution. Manuf.s resort to cost cutting in these areas where is its not entirely evident.

C. Any loose tools or luggage/Bottles in car?

Thread Starter #2,482

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

So called shiv bhakts did this today. Damaged two cars orvm since there was no space for their bikes to go ahead. ****ing goons

Attachments

Ishh allhyundaicars...thats bad. India is a country with almost zero law and order when it comes to the road. In Raipur (where I live), 95 % of the two wheeler riders do not wear helmets, and the left most portion of any road (also national highways) is for oncoming traffic.[frustration] Police are just spectators swatting flies..Another growing problem is cow menace. The roads are the "natural" place where cows remain throughout the day and night apparently. Once I almost hit a black cow (which was as big as my aspire and taller!) sitting on the road in an unlighted section , just munching and I detected it the very last second with my poor original headlamps when I saw an oncoming bike swerve unnaturally (while trying to avoid the cow).

Anyway , finally replaced my original Ford headlamps with Philips extreme vision 55/60 W. Even if somehow there is reflector problems later on , travelling dangerously with low powered headlamps(and almost hitting cows) is too large a risk to take. Now the visibility is much better. Lighht throw in low beam is focused and driving at night (and in the rain!) has become much safer! Thanks bhvm and 1989rs500 [thumbsup]

So called shiv bhakts did this today. Damaged two cars orvm since there was no space for their bikes to go ahead. ****ing goons
No they aren't bhakts, they are the fellow idiots who makes this country a hell. Must be brought up by an even more pathetic parents, who failed to fill there kids with kindness.

Thread Starter #2,485

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ razor - I am currently in Indore and I see the same thing on roads you have told me. In Delhi maybe 1-2 bike guys jump traffic lights , here if one jumps , every two wheeler guy jumps the traffic. In smaller cities situation is worse I agree. Same for the cows , was going from Indore to ujjain and I never saw the amount of cows present on any highways.

Thread Starter #2,486

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

car at 46k mark. replaced the battery with SF Sonic 44AH battery for 3800rs including buyback of the old battery.

car at 46k mark. replaced the battery with SF Sonic 44AH battery for 3800rs including buyback of the old battery.
Thanks for the update. So the battery lasted for nearly 3 years. My car is will be completing three years by next February [roll]

Thread Starter #2,488

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

SF Sonic lasted only 2 -2.5 years(more running) in my santro and i10 (changed many times)
The battery guy is a relative and since dad took the car to the shop he installed SF Sonic. I'd have installed exide(got the same in Verna) let's see how long this last in the Figo. SF Sonic is brand of exide.

Thread Starter #2,489

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Got the new orvm. Weird pricing. Got the mirror assembly for 1400rs but the outer cap \ cover costed 800rs. Gave the cover for painting for 300rs.
To change the orvm you have to remove the inside door pad to access one of the nuts.

Attachments

Top Bottom