New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #2,461

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 5th Service Update | 40,000 Kms: Ownership Review

I was just wondering how this engine would behave in figo/freestyle with lesser body weight [:D]. Looks like TD for freestyle diesel is still not available. I have requested dealer to give me call once he receives the car.
To sum it up :
Figo diesel is the fastest car under 10 lakh rupees bracket. If you liked the engine in the ecosport you will love it in the Figo/freestyle.

Re: New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 5th Service Update | 40,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Rear seats would be used mostly by my wife who is 5 foot 5'' so I think this shouldn't be a problem. Anyway I would probably wait for Aspire facelift first (any idea on launch date?) and if it is in par with Freestyle in terms of build quality & features, then I would certainly consider it since it has adjustable rear head rests & more usable boot space. I am looking to replace my Alto 800. So far i have test driven Baleno, i20, Scross & Ecosport out of which Ecosport blown me away with its sheer performance (drove TDCi for first time). I would rate TDCI > CRDI > DDIS. I was just wondering how this engine would behave in figo/freestyle with lesser body weight [:D]. Looks like TD for freestyle diesel is still not available. I have requested dealer to give me call once he receives the car.
Aspire facelift launch is June 2018,
Date is not confirmed, but Ford Trivandrum says ,its only launch, practically it will be July when vehicles reach showrooms, also there will be a price revision on all variants probably to accomodate the Freestyle that has tucked inbetween Figos and Aspire pricing,
Actually built quality wise Figo,Aspire and Freestyle are the same, I felt the Freestyle has better rubber seals on doors and on boot shut lines etc which gave an impression of better built, but in reality I felt current Figo,Aspire has same built quality as Freestyle, so can expect same from facelifts as well.

I would suggest Aspire S TDCi as a better alternative to Figo S and Freestyle, just because of that back seat head rests,and added convenience of 350l boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4l7Nrftn8&feature=youtu.be

The reason I hate diesels. Went to renew the pollution certificate only to get declined because of this[frustration] giving the car to Ford tomorrow.
But all diesels do this, its compression ignition so there is always chance of unburnt oil+diesel mixture in exhaust , and they come only when given lot of revs, or sudden throttle inputs
Ford might ask for an EGR clean as a solution and that too will just give a temporary solution.

Thread Starter #2,465

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The soot was more than normal. I checked my friend's ecosport and it wasn't polluting this much. Even the mileage has dropped to 13.5kmpl, did a tankful yesterday.

Thread Starter #2,466

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Ford didn't do anything but PCM reprogram. It still is polluting and took 5 test to get the pollution certificate. Advisor showed me a new ecosport and it too was polluting like mine. They must have changed something because my friend's old generation es doesn't pollutes this much.

Ford didn't do anything but PCM reprogram. It still is polluting and took 5 test to get the pollution certificate. Advisor showed me a new ecosport and it too was polluting like mine. They must have changed something because my friend's old generation es doesn't pollutes this much.
Depends on vehicle to vehicle, and driving style as well,
Also outside temperatures and humidity too can be a cause for this,
The best solution for avoiding soot build up is to often rev the car post the 3500 rpm mark, once in two weeks or so,
And its a MUST just like the turbo idling rule, and actually all diesel motor cars should do this, the Figos TDCi is a small SOHC unit with a low inertia turbo meaning even at 1500 rpm, or so there is forced induction so excess burning of oil could happen , so I think its better to keep the motor revving at least twice a month past 3500-4000 rpm so that any soot formed will be forced out of exhaust valves and EGR.

Depends on vehicle to vehicle, and driving style as well,
Also outside temperatures and humidity too can be a cause for this,
The best solution for avoiding soot build up is to often rev the car post the 3500 rpm mark, once in two weeks or so,
And its a MUST just like the turbo idling rule, and actually all diesel motor cars should do this, the Figos TDCi is a small SOHC unit with a low inertia turbo meaning even at 1500 rpm, or so there is forced induction so excess burning of oil could happen , so I think its better to keep the motor revving at least twice a month past 3500-4000 rpm so that any soot formed will be forced out of exhaust valves and EGR.
[thumbsup]
I think the need for high revving the engine once in a while is mentioned in the owner's manual as well.
On a side note, I got my Figo's PUC certificate renewed couple of weeks back. Car had done around 28k kms then. Touchwood, all went well and as the car is BS IV, they gave the certificate with a validity of 1 year.

Thread Starter #2,470

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I don't have any idea. Like I said the guy tested 5 times before passing the car. Most probably all the soot cleared in the previous 4 tries.

Thread Starter #2,471

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Car crossed 42k mark. Mileage is back to 17kmpl. The low mileage must have been a one time issue. I don't think ford did anything regarding the mileage at my last service visit.
Pollution is still there. Revved the car till 4.5k rpm and there was huge amount of black soot. Will make a video next week.

Attachments

The All New Figo 2018 is here...... Check out guys !!!!!
https://youtu.be/BNM8cDKbpnY

The All New Figo 2018 is here...... Check out guys !!!!!
https://youtu.be/BNM8cDKbpnY
Seems the new Figo/Aspire is more than just a face lift although its said face lift just like how Ford did with Ecosport
https://www.autoo.com.br/teste-ford-...tomatico-2019/
Test drive review of new Ford Aspire that is to be launched soon in India
Seems like Ford has done 4 major things
1. Improve structural rigidity by 5.3% compared to current Figo and Aspire models to ace the NCAP safety tests
2. Added new 1.5l Dragon petrol and Automatic by phasing out the ageing 1.5 TiVCT and DCT200 dual clutch auto
3. New infotainment based on touch screens all mimic the SYNC 3 for lower models and SYNC 3 itself in highest models.
4. Improved mechanical to make car more fun to drive

Crossed 3500kms now... Done the first free service at 2500kms. There was two major rattling sounds since delivery. Got it solved in first service .
1) A "ghooor" sound ( a constant vibrating sound) at driver's end , more noticeable in in 1st n 2nd gears., I mean in low speeds.
Sloved : it was from the loose headlight assembly that transmitted this sound to drivers side into the cabin. The S.A reassembled it and filled the gap inside the assembly. They were aware of this rattling since majority of brand new aspire n figo had this issue. Its gone for now.
2) Rattling from front Left side door. - Solved: A black rubber bush was missing from the doors upper end. They put a new one and the rattling is gone.
A) Guys, now what disappoints me is the millage of the car. At the time of delivery it showed 17km/L. Now the display shows 19.5 km/l. But i have checked by cutoff filling method and i was shocked to see the milage is only 12km/L. Suggestions welcomed.
B) Also the NVH level is not that good in my opinion. The ground n tire noise are so audible into the cabin. But in smooth highway roads its very quite. Could it be due to 195 Apollo 4g tyres ? Even the horn is so audible. Is it possible to change the direction of the horn ?
C) very recently, few new rattlings started. One from the back right side door and the other one from dashboard box. Any idea ?
No peace of mind due to this rattlings !!!!

Top Bottom