New Ford Figo: Known Issues & Solutions

As an afterthought,
i saw quite a few instances of people reporting the left pull issue.
Should we create a google sheet with the following info
Car Mode: Figo/Aspire (New Figo only)
VIN Number: (If people are fine to post this)
Date/Month of manufacture: (obtained from the VIN)
Left pull issue observed: Yes/No

This will tell us, whether the pull issue is being observed before a particular date/month for the new figo or is it random or does it happen in say 2017 manufactured cars also.

Thread Starter #33
try contacting Ford HO in US or tweet them saying you are getting no help from India and you need full refund.
Done a long time back via FB twitter emails, they dont care, they push it back to ford india, So clear and evident in my experience how ford the brand is when it comes to after sales support, Shameless people in terms of suppor

Thread Starter #34
Few updates after 6th service (6400 kms)
Tyre upsized to 185 65r14 after several escalations and request, stability improved but vehicle still moves left but not within 5 seconds as it happened before but it moves slowly to left when steering is left
So issue still unresolved
Prasad from cauvery ford called saying he is going to deliver my vehicle but i need to sign a document and need xerox of my DL, when asked what document is that then he said its just a formalities for keeping the backup car ( ford figo aspire) with me for all these days, When i checked the document its mentioned saying ford will not be responsible for any issues related with upsize and will Void in Warranty on my car, Cauvery Ford trying to be fraud and proven again
very clever game from cauvery ford, I spoke to customer care manager immediately and i was advised that its just for the formalities since they changed the tyre against their policy but not to void warranty, based on manager words i had to strike out that line which said "void warranty" and signed the document by force
The guy who came to drop my vehicle was threatened by cauvery ford service manager prasad saying not to leave the place until i sign
Its a clean way of cheating customers
I was advised by customer service manager that i don't have to be depended on cauvery ford for service since there are many other dealers in bangalore who can service my vehicle, So this is my update until now but it never ends here unless i do a long test drive, I'm really not sure what unsafe things are done by cauvery ford to my car since last 3 weeks but i will drive the vehicle and update

There was a shuddering/vibrations whilst applying brake at 80 above speed, not sure if this is normal, however i will be back with an update after a long drive

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Commuter's experience.[tbhp]

I had a strong steering pull to the left in my Figo at 7k and it worsened enough to cause shoulder pain a little later. I inquired at the SS and found that the service center people charge 800/- but I chose to do WA+WB at a reputed Tyre showroom for 450/-. The problem got solved immediately. WA+WB makes a big impact in steering comfort!

Any update on this issue. i had recently been a victim of the same issue. My car pulls left. And i was about to do my first service (2430 oddo) and told them about this. One guy who was working there mentioned that ford had sent them an internal mail regarding this admitting that it exists in every figo and solution will be provided in 1-2 month time.

Welcome to New gen Ford figo forum
Kindly share your reviews about the vehicle
I own a Ford Figo New Gen Model purchased in November 2016

Purchased from cauvery ford bangalore

Please check the description and comments below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEbNUKKOhIM

Kindly share your thoughts if there is any abnormalities since Ford confirms there's nothing wrong with the vehicle

My humble request to check the video and comment if the vehicle is working normal or not

This is highly escalated case, Ford CEO is also aware of this issue but no help

Please comment if the vehicle is moving left or is it working as designed
Hi,its very sad to see that after investing hard earned 7-8 lakhs rupees in car when you just take the delivery of your car and move out of showroom you expirience such a horrible issuse i own ford ikon 2005 model but luckily had not came across any such issuse till date.

Now the possible cause of this pull may be uneven tyre pressure generally when the car is first delivered from showroom the tyre pressure may be exceeding the recommended
tyre pressure or it may be low so now when you are running on low tyre pressure this can happen because the height of one of your tire becomes low and can cause such a pull i know that you must have checked tyre pressure but when someone gets a big shock like this in their new vehicle one forgets such small things to check and it may be a case that the service center people also ignored this just check your tyre pressure when the tyres are cool and make sure that you fill the required air in your tyres as recommended by company not more nor less pressure and take a drive as you say that this happens every time after you take your car from service center and drive for 5-10 kms it may be cause that there is small leakage in tyre valve as the small leakage or i would say small puncture are unidentifiable in tubeless tyres nowdays for example i had driven my car to shirdi from surat and back to surat with leakage in valve of my front left tyre as we all know that road to shirdi are how bad and filled of potholes and on some stretch the roads are only filled of hard stones than also driving to shirdi and back to surat on same road i was not able to notice that there is leakage in my front left tyre valve so just try to keep the recommended pressure in the tyre.

Now if the issue is not solved than take your car to local reliable alignment workshop than take a drive.

Now also if this issue is not solved and ford showroom is ignoring this than its better to take your car to reliable and skilled local mechanic and let him examine and take a test drive and if he is sure that he will fix this issue and if you have complete trust on him than its worth to take risk and go for it but before going for repair with local mechanic just one last time take visit to the service center and meet the authorities and say to them that you had identified a issue and you are upto fixing it you just want to give last chance to them if they can fix it or not if than also they sing only one song that this is normal and non fixable than tell them to give you in writing that if this issuse is fixed than they will replace your vehicle or else return back you with full refund or else they will give a compensation for the trouble you faced.Yes they will surely threaten you that your warranty will be void than it is upto you to go for outside repair or not as i heard that even the most luxurious companies service center take out the oil dipstick during service and some so called reliable and trustworthy company's service center also take out ac filter while servicing ac,moreover its not sure that when you will claim for warranty the dealer will co operate you or not as they have hundred's of excuse at time of warranty claim.Remember one thing keep your voice loud while talking to them and if possible talk to this people at the place where the customers are present to view the demo car as at this place they will also be afraid off being their reputation low and of getting their sales figure low

So according to my opinion do not keep hope from this people now and if any local skilled and trustworthy mechanic is ready to fix this issue go for it as your safety and driving satisfaction is main concern.

Moreover if this issue is common than it would be reported by the various respected portal's test drive review published on youtube

Last edited:
Few updates after 6th service (6400 kms)
Tyre upsized to 185 65r14 after several escalations and request, stability improved but vehicle still moves left but not within 5 seconds as it happened before but it moves slowly to left when steering is left
So issue still unresolved
Prasad from cauvery ford called saying he is going to deliver my vehicle but i need to sign a document and need xerox of my DL, when asked what document is that then he said its just a formalities for keeping the backup car ( ford figo aspire) with me for all these days, When i checked the document its mentioned saying ford will not be responsible for any issues related with upsize and will Void in Warranty on my car, Cauvery Ford trying to be fraud and proven again
very clever game from cauvery ford, I spoke to customer care manager immediately and i was advised that its just for the formalities since they changed the tyre against their policy but not to void warranty, based on manager words i had to strike out that line which said "void warranty" and signed the document by force
The guy who came to drop my vehicle was threatened by cauvery ford service manager prasad saying not to leave the place until i sign
Its a clean way of cheating customers
I was advised by customer service manager that i don't have to be depended on cauvery ford for service since there are many other dealers in bangalore who can service my vehicle, So this is my update until now but it never ends here unless i do a long test drive, I'm really not sure what unsafe things are done by cauvery ford to my car since last 3 weeks but i will drive the vehicle and update

There was a shuddering/vibrations whilst applying brake at 80 above speed, not sure if this is normal, however i will be back with an update after a long drive
Hey bro, any further update on this? did your problem get resolved?

I had an issue with left pulling but the issue seems to be resolved when my service center did a subframe alignment and wheel alignment . Also make sure to have air pressure 32ps in each tyres.

The previous Figo was one of Ford's best-sellers, and it became the turnaround car for Ford in India. It's evident that the new Figo has big shoes to fill, especially given how the competition has changed since then. There have been a plethora of new launches in the hatchback segment, and the game has moved forward.

When the first Figo was launched, it already looked dated, and was powered by engines that made the least power in the segment. On the other hand, the 2015 Figo brings handsome looks (especially the front end design) and the most powerful diesel in the segment. If you think about it, the cars share the name, but most things are diametrically opposite:

Old Figo: Dated looks, great handling, connected hydraulic steering, heavy feel, limited features, underpowered engine.
New Figo: Eye-catching looks, ordinary handling, average electric steering, lighter build, loaded with features, cracker of a diesel engine!

There's no doubt that the new Figo has more mass-market appeal, however, Ford fans please note; it's unlikely to tickle you the same way as the old Figo did.

what is subframe alignment? could not get a good idea even after googling!
might help our friend here who is in trouble for a long time.

what is subframe alignment? could not get a good idea even after googling!
might help our friend here who is in trouble for a long time.
Subframe are a structure attached to our car . Its been attached to chassis. If this thing broke out it could bring down the components it hold straight to road. These structure also reduce the load from vibration and all to body. Subframe can be aligned using a bar like structure and they attach it under car and screw in areas if it's not aligned.

Hi All,

One day, I was there in Kairali Ford and happened to meet a taxi owner who drives a Figo Aspire which has been run 15000 kilometers, and He was there to replace the tyres under warranty because of such an issue you reported.

If your Figo running on MRFs, I would suggest to check with Ford. If your car came in the defected batch, they will give a Tyre replacement in warranty. I am not sure your car has the same problem but as per them, there are several cars affected with the tyre issue.

Top Bottom