New Ford Figo: Known Issues & Solutions

@iinfy I'm afraid if that is the case since I need to park my car outside and my beast is yet to arrive next week. I have never heard complaints on turbo lag for figo b4. Hopefully it gets solved if it exists. Do update the thread

Nothing from Ford. I had taken it to the service center last Tuesday and since then it has been running smoothly except that the turbo is not working and the acceleration sometimes lets me down.
My tank is only half empty now. I am going to wait for a week for it to get to quarter empty and fill Shell diesel and see how it goes. If there is a problem I will take Ford to task. Will use social media to screw them big time. I am very frustrated.

Issue : Vehicle pulling only left at any road conditions at any given speed

This is about my New Gen Ford Figo purchased in November 2016

Please check this video before buying any vehicle from Ford

I went through several forums, checked many reviews, Spent more than 4 months discussing with everyone and finally decided to buy Ford figo since they had promising reviews

First impressions, power, mileage, look, service cost and many more when compared to any other competitors for budget below 10 Lakh

Excellent vehicle in papers but reality is shocking

Issue found just out of delivery is vehicle moving towards left at any given speed, Reported immediately

Ford tried servicing my vehicle from past 2 months, 5 services done, still with same issue

Vehicle works fine for some 50 to 100 kilometers then same problem again, vehicle keeps pulling from right corner to left corner on a 2 lane road within 5 seconds

Every time i get it from service center i get an answer saying it was a alignment problem They took 6 to 8 days on every service visit

After several escalations Ford Regional service manager came from Chennai, did a joint test drive, Proof is the video uploaded in YouTube

Please check the video and comment if the vehicle is normal or is there any abnormalities

As per RSM (Regional service manager) Mr Rajashekaran says that this vehicle doesn't have any abnormalities also confirmed that all ford figo does the same that means its should be a know issue, We all must have driven so many vehicles, Why is my vehicle moving only left then if it's normal

That means there's a manufacturing defect with these series of model as per his contradictory statement, if not ford is hiding from the fact that its faulty

Despite the fact that the vehicle is moving left which is very evident as per the video, Ford is trying to neglect my case by closing the complaints which was raised several times until now

By gods grace i managed to take this video with RSM so i can provide a valid proof to court

I get severe pain on my shoulder tilting the steering every second whenever i go for a long drive

Its never safe or comfort journey

Ford contradictory statement is that this is designed for safety and confirmed saying that Out of 10 test drive vehicles 9 vehicles got pulling issue so its a know issue when other vehicle goes straight on same roads

Several phone calls made, several visits done to service center and finally after 2 months i have been told by Ford that all new ford figo and Ford aspire vehicles will move left or right when the speed is below 60 kms but my vehicle moves only left even at 100 kms speed on any road conditions

I have reported this issue to ford india CEO Mr Anuragh via email but there is no serious action taken to give a permanent fix

I was shocked to know that my case was closed without giving resolution

Friends be aware before buying Ford vehicles, the company has cheated me and never be the next

I have already raised my concerns to court with all reports of several wheel alignments done and hopefully I'll get a solution

We should never leave ford to carry on selling they products if there is no proper service

If same is continued then i request media to get involved and our government to take strict action on ford

I request everyone to please share this videos on FB and Twitter so can save many others getting into trouble

Vehicle was purchased from cauvery ford opp binny mill magadi Road bangalore

Authorized persons spoken to me until now from the time of sales
Ranjith, prasad, sachin, chaitra, Sudhakar, Suresh, Jagannath Shetty, customer care team, RSM Regional service manager Mr.Rajasekar
Everyone is trying to hide the case without fixing the vehicle

5 times service is done, Raised my concern to ford mechanic, then supervisor (Sachin) , then manager (Prasad), then customer relation manager Jagannath Shetty, then in between customer care team, then Regional manager and finally to CEO, no help from anyone

I have send the same videos to CEO and all others staffs from Ford, No one is taken ownership of this case seriously and i was told by ford via email saying vehicle is working normal

PLEASE CHECK THE VIDEO AND PLEASE COMMENT IF THE VEHICLE PULLING LEFT IS EVIDENT OR NOT

Ford is trying play safe without giving solution

My sincere request to media across the world to kindly help others from being cheated, I have all documents, call records and email conversations which gives much better picture of my experience

FORD CANNOT SELL THE PRODUCT IF YOU CANNOT FIX THE PROBLEM, NO MATTER IF ITS SOLD ANYWHERE IS THIS WORLD,
SUCH COMPANIES SHOULD BE PROSECUTED WITH IMMEDIATE ACTION

FAULT FOUND OUT OF DELIVERY VEHICLES SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY REPLACED OR RETURNED INSTEAD OF MAKING CUSTOMERS GO THROUGH ALL STRUGGLE

Thanks for taking time to go through my experience with Ford, Please think before buying from Ford

I will come back if there is any update
@FordFigo : I too have same issue. I have been visiting service center this Saturday and will update the status.

Thread Starter #19
Thanks for your support,
After several escalations Ford tried convincing me for last service which was the 5th one in 2 months, I got convinced because they promised me that they will replace the vehicle if the issue is not fixed, They took it for servicing and kept it for 10 days again, What they told is that they connected through Hotline with Ford plant and checked all parts one by one and as per their terms everything is normal and vehicle is working normal, It was a shocking news to me and my family, I was stunned and very cleverly they closed my case, This was a clean cheating case, I'll left with no options now apart from consumer court and forums

Ask them to replace the ball joints , tie rod under warranty and see if the problrm is solved or not.

Have They done anything besides alignment ?
Thanks for your support,
After several escalations Ford tried convincing me for last service which was the 5th one in 2 months, I got convinced because they promised me that they will replace the vehicle if the issue is not fixed, They took it for servicing and kept it for 10 days again, What they told is that they connected through Hotline with Ford plant and checked all parts one by one and as per their terms everything is normal and vehicle is working normal, It was a shocking news to me and my family, I was stunned and very cleverly they closed my case, This was a clean cheating case, I'll left with no options now apart from consumer court and forums

@FordFigo : I too have same issue. I have been visiting service center this Saturday and will update the status.
Please don't wait, Ford had smartly delayed my case on every service visit and now its already 3 months, so now they are reluctant to replace the vehicle, Make sure speak to customer care escalations team and get vehicle replaced or refunded within no time

Ask them to replace the ball joints , tie rod under warranty and see if the problrm is solved or not.

Have They done anything besides alignment ?
Thanks for your support,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
Share the list of repairs / replacements done in the vehicle (in right order) Generally what people do is,
- Wheel alignment
- Tire rotation / swap / change
- Suspension parts swap
and goes on.

PS: Vehicle pulling towards left (for RHD driving) is acceptable but has some criteria and range (again related with vehicle speed) which is treated as a safety precaution to avoid hitting the on-coming traffic / median when the vehicle is out of drivers control (disconnected steering, driver slept, etc)

Please explain the logic how should this help the pull issue.
Hi thanks for comments

As mentioned before, My vehicle pulls only left even at 100 speed on any road conditions
Please check my comments
Out of multiple services done, Ford has changed all 4 tyres with Goodyear, As if they have done it for Goodwill by removing my brand new tyre which hardly run for 3000 kms in 2 months
To reply to your comments, what makes you feel personally when u pay 8 lakh for a brand new car and when someone fiddling with your car with all those what you said, Will you be happy to accept people changing parts just out of showroom vehicle

I have reported the issue just the moment i started my vehicle within 30 kms overall driven

Vehicle is treated as a safety precautions, You said the same as Ford india
If the driver is sleeping whilst he is driving then doesn't mean that the vehicle should pull left within 5 seconds and end the story of that family, Should have some time for driver to control his vehicle
Wheel alignment with new trye swap and suspension adjustments done more than 100 times during servicing as confirmed from service Centre (Cauvery Ford bangalore)
After so many services they have come back with a very smart response saying vehicle is working normal
I'm just back from long drive, Now I'm getting treated for shoulder pain
Its a pain to drive ford figo despite of its power and performance,
ITS THE MOST DANGEROUS VEHICLES TO DRIVE NOT DUE TO SPEED BUT DUE TO DESIGN FAULT OR MANUFACTURERS FAULT OR DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OF FORD WHO IS NOT ABLE TO FIX THE VEHICLE

Source : https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-tie-rod-end

Source : https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-ball-joint-front

I was searching the symptoms of every suspension component and even the steering rack and found this information.
I changed my i10's tie rod and ball joints because the front suspesnion was making noise ( another symptom of bad tie rod and ball joint) maybe it's a defect since they won't wear out so fast.
my dear friends,
Should we suggest Ford with all these ideas to fix the vehicle
Ford is incompetent to fix their own which is now proven after you understood my case very well

Please help me find a solution apart from what ever is tried, I'm helpless, please

Hi Folks,
Need a help.
I have a new Figo Titanium (D) which I bought 3 months back.
I was out of town for 10 days and returned Sunday [5-feb]. There was no issue when I started the engine, but Monday morning and afternoon when I was driving the car, I found that the turbo was not kicking in at 1.7k RPM. Wondering what the issue could be, I posted on some FB pages and got some suggestions to look for a whirring noise or thick smoke etc. No such issues. Dashboard indicators didnt show any warning. The vehicle was functioning just like a high powered car with no turbo in it.

I also got some suggestions to empty the diesel and do a full tank with a different diesel pump.
I took the car to the service station and that guy could not figure out if there was a issue as the diagnostics did not show any issue on his laptop. He could not feel the difference while driving.
I am very disappointed that they were not able to solve my issue.
My last option now is to wait for 400 odd km for the fuel tank to get empty and fill from Shell pump.

Posting the issue here to see if anyone has seen any such thing before and whether changing petrol pump has solved their problems. Any other suggestions welcome.
Please complete 2000 kms, Turbo will be fine, nothing major for you, After first free service it should be fine, Do you have left pulling problems all time

Are you able to reach higher revvs? Normally the Ford diagnostic tool should have taken care of it. Also is the turbo not kicking at the specified RPM (1.7k) or is not kicking only?
Turbo lags before 1.5 RPM, Its diesel so definitely there will be lag before certain RPM, Second gear lags at certain speed

Hello thanks for your response.
I am afraid I have been driving this car in the city (bangalore) for 4 months now. Behavior has changed suddenly.
Car was parked in the open for 10 days. not sure whether it has anything to do with the change in behavior!!
I used to get a sudden surge at 1.7-2k rpm. Its no longer there.
Turbo should charge after 1.7 RPM, please get it checked, mine works fine with turbo, only on second gear there's a lag which is known issue which i knew before buying

@iinfy I'm afraid if that is the case since I need to park my car outside and my beast is yet to arrive next week. I have never heard complaints on turbo lag for figo b4. Hopefully it gets solved if it exists. Do update the thread
All the best, there is a lag in second gear but manageable

Never ever delay if its not fixed, Take it for a long drive as soon as you get it from service center, Issue sometimes looks like its fixed but once u start driving again same issue starts within 100 to 200 kms long drive, please don't delay
Come back with an update

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear TAIgers,
Check your New Figo if you have or advise your friends or neighbors or colleagues to check on alignment issue. Many of them have might not noticed it. So make them aware on this issue and revert back here to support each other and let's teach a lesson to FORD if they are not able fix this issue.

Share the list of repairs / replacements done in the vehicle (in right order) Generally what people do is,
- Wheel alignment
- Tire rotation / swap / change
- Suspension parts swap
and goes on.

PS: Vehicle pulling towards left (for RHD driving) is acceptable but has some criteria and range (again related with vehicle speed) which is treated as a safety precaution to avoid hitting the on-coming traffic / median when the vehicle is out of drivers control (disconnected steering, driver slept, etc)

Please explain the logic how should this help the pull issue.
If that is the case, this will be written in the owners manual right?. I checked the manual and not such a thing in that. I am owning an Aspire and not facing any issues. But will check again is there a left pulling present or not.

Re: New Figo 1.5 D Turbo Issue

Please complete 2000 kms, Turbo will be fine, nothing major for you, After first free service it should be fine, Do you have left pulling problems all time
Crossed 3400km. First service is done. They do nothing in the first service. Just top up the engine oil and wash the car. Thats it.

No, I just confirm after the 150 km drive last day, There is no such pulling in my Aspire. It was December last build and delivered on Jan

No pulling to the left or right issue is present. Also, no problems encountered in 3 months and 10000 kms of regular driving.

Its a 1.5 D Titanium +, Oct 2016 manufactured.

No pulling to the left or right issue is present. Also, no problems encountered in 3 months and 10000 kms of regular driving.

Its a 1.5 D Titanium +, Oct 2016 manufactured.
Did you say 10k kms in 3 months? I am just curious, are all of your tires wearing in the same way? Any particular tire wearing more than the others? Did you happen to check?

Did you say 10k kms in 3 months? I am just curious, are all of your tires wearing in the same way? Any particular tire wearing more than the others? Did you happen to check?
All tyres have even wear. No irregularities what so ever.

Daily usage of about ~ 150 kms. 90% City driving, 10% Highway.

Overall average from the day of purchase to as of now, 19.8 km/l.

Tyre rotation, wheel balancing and alignment had been done on the day of purchase, 5000 kms and then at 10000 kms,

Thread Starter #28
All tyres have even wear. No irregularities what so ever.

Daily usage of about ~ 150 kms. 90% City driving, 10% Highway.

Overall average from the day of purchase to as of now, 19.8 km/l.

Tyre rotation, wheel balancing and alignment had been done on the day of purchase, 5000 kms and then at 10000 kms,
You are the lucky one, that shows there's something wrong in my vehicle which is never getting fixed

Crossed 3400km. First service is done. They do nothing in the first service. Just top up the engine oil and wash the car. Thats it.
Did ford help you resolve it or still the same

After sending the below email below
I had a call today from a regular customer service agent saying the same scripted message that the vehicle is working normal
The lady was so rude and impatients and also with an attitude saying " how many times should i tell you sir
They have regularly checking my YouTube video and they don't care as per the conversation i had

Its going to be a unfortunate situation like me for anyone who's got a problem with ford vehicles
Only god can save us from these frauds

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 1:57 AM
To: nwark@ford.com; write2md@ford.com; mboneham@ford.com; Mehrotra, Anurag (M.)
Cc: Customer, Care (.); Ranjith Chandrashekar Cauvery Ford; Sachin cauvery ford service; Suresh Manoharan ford customer services; Sudhakar Hegde; Pavan Raj Urs - Cauvery; Sudhakar R; Prabhakar@cauveryford.com; servicemanagerblr@cauveryford.com
Subject: Ford figo New vehicle faulty out of delivery, No support from ford india, please read this email its my sincere request

Respected Team

Please check and review my case completely, please do not push this case further

Since day 1 my vehicle is pulling left, Reported the issue 4 times to cauvery ford bangalore india,
Firstly i would like to appreciated ford for the support for trying to fix my vehicle numerous times but due to some negligence from cauvery ford my vehicle is still unresolved

Unfortunately the vehicle is still the same as it was since day one as shown in YouTube link below, Please read the comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEbNUKKOhIM

What is seriously disturbing is that the RSM Mr Rajashekeran who tested my vehicle as shown in video knows the car is moving left but not accepting the fact thats its still faulty
Moreover instead of finding a solution i was offered a compensation with flexy warranty,
On what purpose should I agree the compensation when my vehicle is still faulty, nothing spoken about solution

I tried my best to escalate everytime within Ford but after talking to RSM over the phone last time, I decided to get this shown to the world so let people decide if my vehicle is faulty or not
Now i can see numerous support and suggestions through YouTube and forums

Why is Ford blind, Please don't take me wrong, Yes I'm annoyed which is common when i have spent all hard earned money but still waiting for a solution with all my patience

Few suggestions given by some experts are changing tie rod, suspension and many more
Why ford didn't take any of these steps to resolve it, instead my vehicle was kept for months by just doing alignment and changing tyres

Why is ford not capable of finding solution when a comman man can understand the fault

Why should i be behind you since out of delivery
I trusted Ford thinking its a simple fix hence i didn't ask for replacement on day one
I'm running behind ford to find a solution since day one and there is no proper fix.
Sachin the supervisor and prasad the manager from cauvery ford tried to be very smart after my case went for an argument, Feels like some double game is played by them, if they were professionals my car would have got fixed by now
I guess there's nothing done until now by cauvery ford, may be they have taken it personally since i started being annoying to them and I'm getting treated in this way by just pushing the vehicle back without fixing
I guess Ford can afford to keep some professional people in higher position so that they understand peoples frustration amd value them as a Ford Customer

I am trying my best to escalate this matter to so many of them in ford and no one is bothered to help me

What is the disconnect here, Why is my case closed without giving solution

I had been waiting since so many days without a proper solution

Is my video not enough to prove that its moving left, should i take more videos to prove it, I'm ready to take risk again by leaving the steering as shown in videos but if anything happens to me and my family then my entire friends and family will be live on media to support me

My sincere request to ford is not to do such illegal fraudulent movements to your customers, You have broken the rules and regulations of after sales support, this is totally unethical being a branded company
There are thousands of people from ford in the past and present who have developed this company to make it in a better competitive place, please adhere to the policy of support, Please don't neglect and spoil the brand, I was a great fan of Ford since i remember

I request someone from ford to take this into serious consideration and rectify the fault

I'm begging you ford for the last time

Someone from ford who is in a proper position to handle this case professionally please contact me
I mean who is capable of giving the solution

If Ford directors can please contact me it would be much appreciated
I can explain things much better through phone, I'm available anytime from 12pm to 2am Indian Standard Time

Please send someone from manufacturing unit to drive my vehicle

kkn13

Suspended
I had a similar pull on my Ritz once, took it to an independent workshop, he took it for test drive and did something to the steering assembly and the issue didnt happen again
I dont know the specifics or technicality but I hope you find a solution
I myself am contemplating to buy Figo and Endeavour but these instances are scaring me since my last Ford was the Ikon and had poor experiences with it at the time even though it was a beast to drive
Try contacting the Ford India heads or something if it gets out of hand

Top Bottom