New Ford Figo: Known Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Welcome to New gen Ford figo forum
Kindly share your reviews about the vehicle
I own a Ford Figo New Gen Model purchased in November 2016

Purchased from cauvery ford bangalore

Please check the description and comments below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEbNUKKOhIM

Kindly share your thoughts if there is any abnormalities since Ford confirms there's nothing wrong with the vehicle

My humble request to check the video and comment if the vehicle is working normal or not

This is highly escalated case, Ford CEO is also aware of this issue but no help

Please comment if the vehicle is moving left or is it working as designed

Thread Starter #2
Issue : Vehicle pulling only left at any road conditions at any given speed

This is about my New Gen Ford Figo purchased in November 2016

Please check this video before buying any vehicle from Ford

I went through several forums, checked many reviews, Spent more than 4 months discussing with everyone and finally decided to buy Ford figo since they had promising reviews

First impressions, power, mileage, look, service cost and many more when compared to any other competitors for budget below 10 Lakh

Excellent vehicle in papers but reality is shocking

Issue found just out of delivery is vehicle moving towards left at any given speed, Reported immediately

Ford tried servicing my vehicle from past 2 months, 5 services done, still with same issue

Vehicle works fine for some 50 to 100 kilometers then same problem again, vehicle keeps pulling from right corner to left corner on a 2 lane road within 5 seconds

Every time i get it from service center i get an answer saying it was a alignment problem They took 6 to 8 days on every service visit

After several escalations Ford Regional service manager came from Chennai, did a joint test drive, Proof is the video uploaded in YouTube

Please check the video and comment if the vehicle is normal or is there any abnormalities

As per RSM (Regional service manager) Mr Rajashekaran says that this vehicle doesn't have any abnormalities also confirmed that all ford figo does the same that means its should be a know issue, We all must have driven so many vehicles, Why is my vehicle moving only left then if it's normal

That means there's a manufacturing defect with these series of model as per his contradictory statement, if not ford is hiding from the fact that its faulty

Despite the fact that the vehicle is moving left which is very evident as per the video, Ford is trying to neglect my case by closing the complaints which was raised several times until now

By gods grace i managed to take this video with RSM so i can provide a valid proof to court

I get severe pain on my shoulder tilting the steering every second whenever i go for a long drive

Its never safe or comfort journey

Ford contradictory statement is that this is designed for safety and confirmed saying that Out of 10 test drive vehicles 9 vehicles got pulling issue so its a know issue when other vehicle goes straight on same roads

Several phone calls made, several visits done to service center and finally after 2 months i have been told by Ford that all new ford figo and Ford aspire vehicles will move left or right when the speed is below 60 kms but my vehicle moves only left even at 100 kms speed on any road conditions

I have reported this issue to ford india CEO Mr Anuragh via email but there is no serious action taken to give a permanent fix

I was shocked to know that my case was closed without giving resolution

Friends be aware before buying Ford vehicles, the company has cheated me and never be the next

I have already raised my concerns to court with all reports of several wheel alignments done and hopefully I'll get a solution

We should never leave ford to carry on selling they products if there is no proper service

If same is continued then i request media to get involved and our government to take strict action on ford

I request everyone to please share this videos on FB and Twitter so can save many others getting into trouble

Vehicle was purchased from cauvery ford opp binny mill magadi Road bangalore

Authorized persons spoken to me until now from the time of sales
Ranjith, prasad, sachin, chaitra, Sudhakar, Suresh, Jagannath Shetty, customer care team, RSM Regional service manager Mr.Rajasekar
Everyone is trying to hide the case without fixing the vehicle

5 times service is done, Raised my concern to ford mechanic, then supervisor (Sachin) , then manager (Prasad), then customer relation manager Jagannath Shetty, then in between customer care team, then Regional manager and finally to CEO, no help from anyone

I have send the same videos to CEO and all others staffs from Ford, No one is taken ownership of this case seriously and i was told by ford via email saying vehicle is working normal

PLEASE CHECK THE VIDEO AND PLEASE COMMENT IF THE VEHICLE PULLING LEFT IS EVIDENT OR NOT

Ford is trying play safe without giving solution

My sincere request to media across the world to kindly help others from being cheated, I have all documents, call records and email conversations which gives much better picture of my experience

FORD CANNOT SELL THE PRODUCT IF YOU CANNOT FIX THE PROBLEM, NO MATTER IF ITS SOLD ANYWHERE IS THIS WORLD,
SUCH COMPANIES SHOULD BE PROSECUTED WITH IMMEDIATE ACTION

FAULT FOUND OUT OF DELIVERY VEHICLES SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY REPLACED OR RETURNED INSTEAD OF MAKING CUSTOMERS GO THROUGH ALL STRUGGLE

Thanks for taking time to go through my experience with Ford, Please think before buying from Ford

I will come back if there is any update

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Ask them to replace the ball joints , tie rod under warranty and see if the problrm is solved or not.

Have They done anything besides alignment ?

I can understand how painful it is when you are not satisfied with the car on which you spent your hard earned money. I don't own Figo but yes I am searching for a new car and Figo is among the contender but after seeing your video I think I need to recheck this option. This may be only your car specific issue as I am following this car's thread since its launch and never heard much complaints over it.

I request forum members if you have any contacts in Ford then please help this guy.

Share the list of repairs / replacements done in the vehicle (in right order) Generally what people do is,
- Wheel alignment
- Tire rotation / swap / change
- Suspension parts swap
and goes on.

PS: Vehicle pulling towards left (for RHD driving) is acceptable but has some criteria and range (again related with vehicle speed) which is treated as a safety precaution to avoid hitting the on-coming traffic / median when the vehicle is out of drivers control (disconnected steering, driver slept, etc)

Ask them to replace the ball joints , tie rod under warranty and see if the problrm is solved or not.
Please explain the logic how should this help the pull issue.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
When the tie rod is worn down, it will become loose and will cause the front end of the vehicle to fall out of alignment
Source : https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-tie-rod-end

Worn ball joints will cause the vehicle steering to wander to the left or right, which will require the driver to compensate for the issue.
Source : https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-ball-joint-front

I was searching the symptoms of every suspension component and even the steering rack and found this information.
I changed my i10's tie rod and ball joints because the front suspesnion was making noise ( another symptom of bad tie rod and ball joint) maybe it's a defect since they won't wear out so fast.

When the tie rod is worn down, it will become loose and will cause the front end of the vehicle to fall out of alignment
So the alignment report should reveal the truth (out of alignment) In this case I assume the alignment check was done and found to be in place.

Worn ball joints will cause the vehicle steering to wander to the left or right, which will require the driver to compensate for the issue.
This should not give a unidirectional pull.

Be assured any worn out tie-rod or ball joint will make noise before causing any other performance issues. People are fooled by several mechanics saying changing part 'x' resolved the problem 'N' but actually a simple dismantling and re-assembly could solve many problems.

I have done lot of research on left pull, new cars, well driven cars, very old cars and suvs like Porsche cayenne. Alignment reports and corrections never helped. Tyre rotation helps for short time. Quite disturbing.

-suryaputhra

It seems they need to replace the alignment parts . One part that is attracting new customers to ford is their new promises of ASS and comparatively cheaper service cost.
This is quite disturbing service support for a new car .

New Figo 1.5 D Turbo Issue

Hi Folks,
Need a help.
I have a new Figo Titanium (D) which I bought 3 months back.
I was out of town for 10 days and returned Sunday [5-feb]. There was no issue when I started the engine, but Monday morning and afternoon when I was driving the car, I found that the turbo was not kicking in at 1.7k RPM. Wondering what the issue could be, I posted on some FB pages and got some suggestions to look for a whirring noise or thick smoke etc. No such issues. Dashboard indicators didnt show any warning. The vehicle was functioning just like a high powered car with no turbo in it.

I also got some suggestions to empty the diesel and do a full tank with a different diesel pump.
I took the car to the service station and that guy could not figure out if there was a issue as the diagnostics did not show any issue on his laptop. He could not feel the difference while driving.
I am very disappointed that they were not able to solve my issue.
My last option now is to wait for 400 odd km for the fuel tank to get empty and fill from Shell pump.

Posting the issue here to see if anyone has seen any such thing before and whether changing petrol pump has solved their problems. Any other suggestions welcome.

Re: New Figo 1.5 D Turbo Issue

Are you able to reach higher revvs? Normally the Ford diagnostic tool should have taken care of it. Also is the turbo not kicking at the specified RPM (1.7k) or is not kicking only?

I am able to reach 2k-2.5k rpm also. But turbo is not kicking in at all.
It seems to be accelerating fine. But the kick which it used to give at 1.7k rpm is gone completely. I dont feel it at all. My friends who have driven the vehicle earlier and once yesterday also said there is something amiss.
Service center guy continues to argue, there is not light in the dashboard, so everything is fine.

You don't get the sudden surge in the new figo like the maruti's engine. You won't get that good acceleration without the turbo is all I am saying.
Hello thanks for your response.
I am afraid I have been driving this car in the city (bangalore) for 4 months now. Behavior has changed suddenly.
Car was parked in the open for 10 days. not sure whether it has anything to do with the change in behavior!!
I used to get a sudden surge at 1.7-2k rpm. Its no longer there.

Top Bottom