New Ford Figo Hatchback Now Launched @ Rs.4.3 Lakh

Re: New Ford Figo Hatchback Testing Begins in India

The side profile is actually looking good, masculine and definitely refreshing. Now what remains to be seen are engine specs, price and feature list.
Personally I would like to have ABS standard in this vehicle instead of Airbags. Either offer both as standard and if we have to select between the two then it has to be ABS for me.
In fact by making ABS standard in Figo and Airbags in Aspire, Ford can draw one more difference between the two.

Last edited:

The side profile is actually looking good, masculine and definitely refreshing. Now what remains to be seen are engine specs, price and feature list.
Personally I would like to have ABS standard in this vehicle instead of Airbags. Either offer both as standard and if we have to select between the two then it has to be ABS for me.
In fact by making ABS standard in Figo and Airbags in Aspire, Ford can draw one more difference between the two.
Exactly. Effective breaking could avoid collision at first place. So, Indian Car makers offer ABS as standard before Govt. makes it as mandatory to win the hearts of Indians.

The new Ford Figo hatchback is expected to be launched by September 23rd and already 6 hatch backs have been released from Chennai plant to Hary Ford showroom TRIVANDRUM,
The car as of know will post a price tag just 60k less than Aspire variant to variant,
It will have same specs as Figo Aspire and features too will remain largely same,
The hatch if it is released just like that of Aspire its going to be a super high bench mark setter,
The hatch and Aspires servicr manuals already out and there seems to be no variation in service cycle,parts change,and lubricants used, so in all probability hatch and sedan will have same specs throughout.
14" tires look good in hatch but not in sedan

Well, it will be a blockbuster hatch at least in urban areas.
But am still surprised with the launch date. I thought it will be launched in late Oct or early Nov.

Good piece of info, but i think the aspire boot capacity is 359 L[thinking]

GT TDI: 103 PS @ 4400 RPM and 250 NM of torque @ 1500 RPM costs 10.15 Lacs OTR in Chennai
New Figo: 100 PS @ 3750 RPM and 215 NM of torque @ 1750 RPM would cost about 8.75 Lacs considering the aspire titanium is about 9.20 lacs

Other features aside, ain't the new figo a much better proposition than the GT TDI?[thinking]

Performance close to GT TDI with better mileage and savings of 1.4 Lacs with A.S.S of both Ford and Volkswagen being more or less similar
Great catch there! If Ford plonks in the same 100bhp engine variant as that of Aspire, I am sure this will be definitely a hot hatch to own. Just hope the power to weight figures are impressive too! Btw I find Ford's service improving drastically these days and I think ranks really well compared to VW.

Last edited:

Launch confirmed.
I saw this tweet from SVP also. As i am planning to book it, I called up local dealer (Chennai FORD) and spoke to the SA. But, he has no clue on this release date and also said that they have not attended the training yet for New Figo. All they attended was for the Ecosport facelift 10 days back. He says it should be the marketing launch for this product without price announcements along with media drives. As per him, Bookings may start by this date.

He said he will keep me updated once the official booking starts.

Not sure if its true. Can any other guys confirm if bookings are open for New Figo?

Btw I find Ford's service improving drastically these days and I think ranks really well compared to VW.
Ford A.S.S is 1000 times better than VW.

I own a Ford Fiesta and also I used to give my friend's Polo in a VW A.S.S, I can see a very huge difference in both service.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Ford A.S.S is 1000 times better than VW.

I own a Ford Fiesta and also I used to give my friend's Polo in a VW A.S.S, I can see a very huge difference in both service.
It can be one particular service center. One can provide good service and one may provide less satisfactory service and for me that i have had good and bad service experience from the same service center. So for me every sc is the same and i don't think the whole brand should be criticised just because of that one service center.

It can be one particular service center. One can provide good service and one may provide less satisfactory service and for me that i have had good and bad service experience from the same service center. So for me every sc is the same and i don't think the whole brand should be criticised just because of that one service center.
It depends on how much one is ready to pay for each service, VW services are quiet expensive and for some reason it dosent feel just, and for some who usually clock over 10000 kms a year VWs will be better, even still Fords service and after sales support is better than what VW has as of now, at least some rates feel nominal and digestible

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

It depends on how much one is ready to pay for each service, VW services are quiet expensive and for some reason it dosent feel just, and for some who usually clock over 10000 kms a year VWs will be better, even still Fords service and after sales support is better than what VW has as of now, at least some rates feel nominal and digestible
Again it depends on the parts that needs to be replaced. I have seen many bills ranging from 6k to 15k for vw polo and i have seen bills ranging from 5k to 15k for a ritz as well. What does this tell you ? Agree parts are expensive but the same thing is said for ford and even hyundai.

Normal service charges aren't that expensive.

A friend pays 6k regularly for his wagonR cng just because maruti recommends synthetic oil.

For me each and every sc cons the customers by levying those useless things like engine polish , supercahrger and what not. If you are a sensible person you will follow the the service charges according to the manual.

Last edited:

Again it depends on the parts that needs to be replaced. I have seen many bills ranging from 6k to 15k for vw polo and i have seen bills ranging from 5k to 15k for a ritz as well. What does this tell you ? Agree parts are expensive but the same thing is said for ford and even hyundai.

Normal service charges aren't that expensive.

A friend pays 6k regularly for his wagonR cng just because maruti recommends synthetic oil.

For me each and every sc cons the customers by levying those useless things like engine polish , supercahrger and what not. If you are a sensible person you will follow the the service charges according to the manual.
See here the general population and the majority of them find VW and Skoda expensive, in Kerala there seems to be no VW delaer who charge anything less than 10 k per service, if we are not ready to pay or if we are there to bargain, they either wont do service or will make one believe its mandatory, if not the car will blow up, etc etc, and its a fact that out of all cars now VW is the biggest drunkard of Oil, tsi or TDi, their oil levels fall much sooner than Maruti,Hyundai,Ford etc

Ford too used to be expensive till 2010 but post the Figo launch and success, I ve never seen them charge phinomonal rates, the rates for mending bends,depressions,bodywork, etc are same as VW but regular fill ups and service and some major changing parts are like just 50% of what VW charges.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I have no idea of what ford charges. My friend has an ecosport diesel , will check his bill when he gets his service done. But if you know about both the companies then i accept your statements.

I was just saying that the experiences differ with each visit.

Btw the figo will be in my shortlist if we want to buy a diesel hatch in the near future.

Last edited:

I have no idea of what ford charges. My friend has an ecosport diesel , will check his bill when he gets his service done. But if you know about both the companies then i accept your statements.

I was just saying that the experiences differ with each visit.

Btw the figo will be in my shortlist if we want to buy a diesel hatch in the near future.
Yea, even if we compare ECOSPORT VS POLO, service cost, here in Kerala VW is more expensive,and actually for some that premium is not an issue, eg: my friend owns a Rapid TDi, he does average12-16 k kms a year, so for him all other brands are more expensive since he will have to have his car serviced twice a year if it aint VW, and he is ready to pay that price,
He also owns a Vento 2011 test drive car which he took from showroom for just 7.2 lakhs, his Vento needed a clutch change, whilr at 45 k kms, and the total bill for clutch change+ regular service extended to Rs 43k, the cost VW charged for clutch was 31k,
Fords clutch will cost 13-16 k from Figo to Fiesta/Ecosport.

I was on the verge of booking a Brio with Lajpat Nagar Honda (Delhi) about a week ago, and the salesperson has been behind my back to swing my decision. TAI also helped in deciding on the Brio. But this came up. And by the looks of it I have decided to delay my purchase for some more time. Definitely want to check out the new Figo first. The facelift looks nice and practical. I am fine with its old petrol engine. Diesel I have some reservations. Some of my friend's diesel Figo makes a kind of noise that I didn't quite like. Hope the kerb weight hasn't increased much in the facelift if lugging the same 1.2 petrol.

Last edited:

Top Bottom