New Ford Fiesta Now Goes Automatic at Rs.8.99 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Ford Fiesta Now Goes Automatic

Nice move by FORD. But I don't see paddle shifts, what a disappointment. The new fiesta auto would have been an city killer given the paddle shifts.

freakdude.

A welcome move. Though atleast a 5 speed automatic may be more in tune with the times...
BTW - is the automatic variant both on the diesel and petrol variants?

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

C-Segment always remains incomplete without an automatic transmission. So I am sure this move will be warmly accepted. But unless Ford works on revising their pricing strategy, I don’t think that much is going to work out for them.
BTW - is the automatic variant both on the diesel and petrol variants?
The dual clutch power shift automatic gearbox is equipped only on Petrol variant.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh this is not launched is it? I thought it was launched already since test drive reports were floating online. Anyways seeing from reviews , this is not much fun to drive like the DSG and also lacks paddle shifters , created to serve the common man.

I think Ford should have given this DCT tranny on the top end diesel variant as well, that should have shaken this segment,IMO.

350Z

Core Team

Alright. New Fiesta Automatic's official launch has been confirmed for 28th Feb 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Ford has launched the New Fiesta 2011 with 6 Speed Dual Clutch Powershift Automatic Transmission at Rs.8.99 Lakhs for Style variant and Rs.9,70,300 (Ex-showroom, New Delhi) for Titanium+. However it is not available with the Diesel models. According to Ford this is a maintenance free gearbox which would need an inspection only in 10 Years or 2.4 Lakh Kilometers. Ford has also informed that we can expect more cars in India with automatic transmission in upcoming year. (Calls for Ecosport AT?)

PS: Ford is comparing automatic transmission with Honda City in their graphical representation online. :wink:

Automatic.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good pricing by Ford, btw are they trying to acquit themselves after the debacle of the new Fiesta?What about the pricing of MT variants,any changes there?

Read in the times today Ford are reconsidering their pricing strategy in India, expect price cuts in the wake of competition!

350Z

Core Team
Read in the times today Ford are reconsidering their pricing strategy in India, expect price cuts in the wake of competition!
Ford is likely to keep the starting price from Rs.7.5 Lakhs for New Fiesta. In that case I am wondering where Classic SXi will be positioned. Either Ford will reduce its price too at Rs.7 Lakhs permanently or both the models will clash together.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom