New Ford EcoSport Keyless Entry Question

Thread Starter #1
Good Morning Friends ,

This is my first post in this forum .
I recently upgraded from Alto to new ecosport (face lifted model) at the end of November 2017 . It is a 1.5L Manual Petrol Engine ,Titanium Model. This comes with a keyless entry and push button start .

All was fine til couple of days ago,suddenly few days back ,the car failed to start in the middle of a road by the push button . Tried multiple times and then i had to get out of the car ,lock it once and unlocked it again and then it started back . It was a scary experience . Any one else experienced this?

Also i am trying to understand if there is any other alternative to the push start button . Ford website suggests https://www.india.ford.com/keyless-entry/ that there is a slot in dashboard. Not sure how to access it.

Any help would be appreciated .
Regards
Balaji

Good Morning Friends ,

This is my first post in this forum .
I recently upgraded from Alto to new ecosport (face lifted model) at the end of November 2017 . It is a 1.5L Manual Petrol Engine ,Titanium Model. This comes with a keyless entry and push button start .

All was fine til couple of days ago,suddenly few days back ,the car failed to start in the middle of a road by the push button . Tried multiple times and then i had to get out of the car ,lock it once and unlocked it again and then it started back . It was a scary experience . Any one else experienced this?

Also i am trying to understand if there is any other alternative to the push start button . Ford website suggests https://www.india.ford.com/keyless-entry/ that there is a slot in dashboard. Not sure how to access it.

Any help would be appreciated .
Regards
Balaji

It's nothing to worry about sometimes, if the engine shuts down due to human error the computer of the car prevents it from starting for a few moments.
You didn't have to get out of the car.
It's a safety feature installed by ford to protect the engine from damage.

It's nothing to worry about sometimes, if the engine shuts down due to human error the computer of the car prevents it from starting for a few moments.
You didn't have to get out of the car.
It's a safety feature installed by ford to protect the engine from damage.
Can you explain in what way you told us human error and how it protects from engine damage.
I assume you are mentioning about repeated cranking of engine ?(When the car is tried to start multiple times within say 10s ,the ignition power shuts off)

Top Bottom