New Fiat Punto Evo - Is it Coming?

Thread Starter #1
Dear Experts!

New Fiat Punto Evo coming to India? If yes, when? What will the config and price-range?

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Fiat Punto Evo

Fiat Punto Evo is a step ahead of normal Punto that we see. It is loaded with many latest features such as Start – Stop technology and a second generation Multijet Engine too, but I doubt if Fiat plans to bring anything like that in India soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
When it is lunching in India and wht price?

Mod, You can close this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know when it will launch (maybe next year!) but price will be high at at rs.15 - 20lakhs. please correct me if am wrong!

The news of the Punto Evo have started gaining momentum yet again. As per the Autocar India, Fiat Punto is likely to get a facelift with the introduction of the Evo version of the car. The car will continue to have similar design, the major visual difference being the reworked front grill, head lamps and the tail lamps. The engines options are likely to remain the same.

Punto Evo 1.jpg

Punto Evo 2.jpg

Punto Evo 3.jpg

Image Source: Netcarshow

I may be wrong by AFAIK present Punto available in India has a modified bumper vis-a-vis its European version. Primary reason for this exercise was to bring the length of the car within 4.0 m to avail excise benefit. Since Punto Evo has highly distinctive bumpers, so it will be interesting to see what Fiat India is planning.

Evo's interiors if not the exteriors are urgently needed to boost up Punto's sale. Also Fiat India should apply strict quality control in order to give Punto a premium image. Shoddy interior quality of present Punto does not give premium image specially when compared with Polo & i20.

I have another thought in which I hope experts will throw some light:

Fiat have a turbo for 1.4 FIRE engine. Can they use it in 1.2 FIRE engine with certain modifications? It will make Punto 1.2 a real VFM because on one hand it will enjoy excise benefit to keep its cost in check. On the other hand with expected increase in power, it will trump other hatch such as Micra & Polo as far as performance goes.

Fiat Punto Evo doesnt appeal that much wrt its prolonged bumpers. I agree our trimmed down version looks much fab[thumbswink]

But I did not get this comment:- "Fiat have a turbo for 1.4 FIRE engine."

What is this turbo in FIRE engine? I though turbo meant diesel. Please shed some light.

By turbo I meant turbocharger. It is mostly used in diesel engines but many petrol engines also have turbochargers. Linea T-Jet version has as turbocharger coupled to regular 1.4 FIRE engine.

For details regarding turbocharger you can refer here

The news of the Punto Evo have started gaining momentum yet again. As per the Autocar India, Fiat Punto is likely to get a facelift with the introduction of the Evo version of the car. The car will continue to have similar design, the major visual difference being the reworked front grill, head lamps and the tail lamps. The engines options are likely to remain the same.

View attachment 20645

View attachment 20646

View attachment 20647

Image Source: Netcarshow
Akash,

Pictures are looking promising but when exactly the end product expected ? Any idea about the price tag ?

I think Fiat should consider their market share before planning to set a price tag for Evo because at present the status is not something which we should (Fiat lovers) feel proud about. Month on month Fiat sale is clear evidence for the same. But on the other hand, every car maker comes with a new avatar with little more in features as well as price.

To Fiat: Think before you set the price if you are reading. Otherwise another facelift would come in 2 yrs after you launch Evo. [thumbsup]

Fiat have a turbo for 1.4 FIRE engine. Can they use it in 1.2 FIRE engine with certain modifications? It will make Punto 1.2 a real VFM because on one hand it will enjoy excise benefit to keep its cost in check. On the other hand with expected increase in power, it will trump other hatch such as Micra & Polo as far as performance goes.
You mean a turbocharged petrol engine for Punto? Yes, the 1.2L petrol engine can be equipped with a turbocharger, however the chances of Fiat doing it are fewer.

As per the tech goes, it seems possible. But I kind of agree with Akash, I am not sure if Fiat will be doing it for 1.2L engine as that will add cost and also reduce some power at initial rev range.

Thread Starter #13
With gasoline price touching 75 INR I donot think abt a petrol car now.

Hope for Fiat Palio 2012 with 1.3 MJD 75 PS ..within 6 L onroad!

fiat has one thing deep hard wired in its mind that good USP in india is fuel economy no matter what segment.
so it would difficult to impossible for them to think about anything out of box.

Top Bottom