New Engine Cost of Ford Ikon 1.6 NXT

Thread Starter #1
Any Ikon owners here? I have the petrol ikon 1.6 zxi nxt and i am having some engine problem. How much does it cost to change the engine? anybody have experience here?

Thanks

Re: Ford Ikon 1.6 NXT new engine cost

Am sure when you buy a new engine you cannot register that ? if thats not aproblem
goto mayapuri get yourself a Vtec Block much better and powerful (b16, b18)

Thread Starter #3
I dont know whether i can register or not but why can't we change? i rember my uncles ambassador engine blown away in the past and he changes to a new isuzu engine without any big issues.

so there should be a way, i guess

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure that wasn't on the RC of the car. thats what happened to our car as well. long time ago.

I know there are lots of diesel conversions (nissan/datsun/isuzu) motors too.
If thats not an issue, goto mayapuri ( my mate told me ) get an engine from there , you'll get a cheap one

Any Ikon owners here? I have the petrol ikon 1.6 zxi nxt and i am having some engine problem. How much does it cost to change the engine? anybody have experience here?

Thanks
buddy whats problem in current engine? why dont you try to fix it only??

Not sure about the New engine, old one in Chennai (pudhupet) go for the below prices (with GB)
1.6 - 12k~15k
1.3 Flair - 15k~17k
1.3 Endura - 12k~15k
1.8 - 17k~20k

Recently got a Indica Diesel engine with GB for 20k and doing good after oil change and glow plug change.

VFM suggestion would be either repair the current one and sell it off or get a used one and keep running. New engine will cost more than the current value of your car.

Thanks
you can't change whole engine but you can change half engine . But as long as you can prove that current can't run and can't be repaired you can put another engine but it should be same

Thread Starter #10
Not sure about the New engine, old one in Chennai (pudhupet) go for the below prices (with GB)
1.6 - 12k~15k
1.3 Flair - 15k~17k
1.3 Endura - 12k~15k
1.8 - 17k~20k

Recently got a Indica Diesel engine with GB for 20k and doing good after oil change and glow plug change.

VFM suggestion would be either repair the current one and sell it off or get a used one and keep running. New engine will cost more than the current value of your car.

wow that was really helpful.

I will go and have a look at pudhupet. All these days I have known Pudhupet only for 2 wheelers. Anyway cheers for the info.

wow that was really helpful.

I will go and have a look at pudhupet. All these days I have known Pudhupet only for 2 wheelers. Anyway cheers for the info.
If you have any trusted source / mechanic here in chennai get them along with you. Else it will be hard to find a decent engine also better for negotiations / bargain.

Be very carefull while dealing in pudupet.
at each and every deal , they only gain .

1.6 blocks are said to last for long , other than block cracks any other problem could be solved.

What exactly is your problem?
imo , try a differnt mechanic or service center to solve your problem.
It would be wise to spend on the current engine , that buying a illegal one in pudupet.

Thread Starter #13
Sorry guyz , Went out for a Vacation and couldn't access internet for a while.

I dont know exactly what is wrong. Often when I start the car from idle and engage 1st gear and release the clutch ,the engine behaves like there is no power at all. however I press the accelerator, there is no gain . I press the clutch and revv the engine 2 or 3 times to higher torque to see if i get some power and release the clutch .even after that for a short while i have to fight with the engine to make it normal. I get shocked when the car does this in trafiic or one-way paths as other drivers blow the horn on my back to ride fast or move off the road!!

This is happening only in the last 2 months! Even with this problem last week I was able to drive at 160kmph ! so weird!

Last edited:
thats so wierd
did you get that checked

does you car smoke ?

hows your clutch ? do you feel that ur loosing power ( can be cuz clutch becomes slippery)

Top Bottom