New Diesel Car in Maximum EMI of Rs.10,000

Thread Starter #1
hi,
i am new to this website and this is my first post so kinda dont know how to approach it directly

i am looking to buy a new car and this will be my first car and i will be learning on this one as well, as i dont own or had driven frequently any car before, this festival season, and till recently looking for the figo facelift version after the ritz facelift failed to excite me.

but now i am very confused about either of them and the more i read about it, i got more confused. figo with GC very poor and ritz design and other issues.

therefore i want yours opinion on this.
any car considering these in minds.

i will be travelling daily minimum 60 km and will be using it for monthly out trip and weekends outdoors etc. so my monthly running will be around 2000km and therefor looking for a diesel car.

my budget is limited and i can afford maximum 10000 rs installment after spending 100000 rs as down payment. so looking to buy under these circumstances.

all are invited to share their views

Re: new diesel car with maximum 10000rs emi

Hi Sankirsh

Welcome to TAI. Many of us have the same requirements as you. I am also looking for a diesel hatch back, so you can read my test drive reviews here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../9247-replacement-my-spark-search-begins.html

You have said that you can pay upto Rs.10000 as EMI, however you have not mentioned the loan period. Considering it to be 7 years loan, your budget (on road price) is coming to about Rs.6.8 L, which means you would be looking at the following cars:
1) Figo
2) Beat
3) Liva GD
4) Micra
5) Punto (Dynamic -if you avail the festive offers)
6) Ritz VDI
7) Vista VXI
8) Polo (if you avail the festive offers)

As you see there are a lot of choices. I advise that you take your time and TD all of them. Every car has its positives and negatives and some would be more suited to your requirements than others.

On the issue of GC, from my experience most of the issues can be handled by proper driving. Most of the cars in the segment have 170 mm GC , Punto and Beat have 185 , Figo 168mm and Micra even less. Figo is a very good car to drive and in most cases if you are driving in the city, GC would not be an issue. This is from my personal experience, my Jazz has 165 mm GC which is good for 99% of the time.

Hopefully I have been able to help.

Figo
2) Beat
5) Punto (Dynamic -if you avail the festive offers)
6) Ritz VDI
7) Vista VXI
I suggest you to personally TS above cars and decide.
Punto Dynamic is best among these.

Thread Starter #4

thanks chayan and surfer for your reply's.

let me add few things here which i forgot in my opening post, as chayan asked i am looking for a car in the range of 6 to 6.5 lakhs on road.

we are 5 member family and i will be using it for outing with 5 adults on board on weekends so this is also a considerations.

as far as your options are concerned i had already done some TD on few and had some opinions about others, let me clarify

1) Figo, some serious GC and after sales service but TD was very nice, but there was lots of engine noise in the TD vehicle which was given to abt 25 days back and it had run for only 11500 km or so, the TD Guy tells me that all diesel engines will make similar noise, hoping that the facelift version will improve GC and ford had done some better noise cancellation in the cabin of the face-lift version, ford figo is and was my first choice followed by ritz but still confused.

2) Beat dint think that three cylinder has enough power and sorry to be particular but don't like Chevrolet.

3) Liva GD - not seen till date but heard about the cheap quality material used inside the cabin etc, will visit the showroom this Sunday. thanks for one plus option

4) Micra - no offense but looks a girls car to me.

5) Punto (Dynamic -if you avail the festive offers) very good fiat car loves fiat engine and engineering but bit out of my budget plus tata ASS.

6) Ritz VDI very good car and is my second best option or some times becomes my first best one its the see saw going on for some time.

7) Vista VXI very good spacious car, the sales team told me that they dont call it hatch back its sedan for them and somehow they are right it has lots of space inside but few things bothers me about this, 1. tata name as taxi vehicles,2. their durability or long life, they used to start cluttering after a year or so,3. tata after sales service, 4. the cars control panel is in the middle and it is not user friendly to me.

8) Polo German engineering at its best but my uncle has one and its not spacious for three adults in the back seat, it get very crampy there. so no no for this one

after these i had shortlisted from the above eight to the followings
figo, liva (will check it soon), punto (if i can afford it), ritz

i had seen some others as well
1. swift but didn't want to be running in the rat race, every other car in the city looks like swift, may be god has instructed the new car owners ten commands and they all start and end at swift so no to this one. already enough on the road.

2. skoda fabia nice car very good looking but out of my budget and on lesser models without any features so drop it the time i visited the showroom.

in fact i had ventured for tata manza and swift desire on times, but bring back my feet once i calculated the cost of owning such thoughts. so back to the four choices above out of which ford figo and maruti ritz are shortlisted by me few months back but my confusion is still there before the big leap of faith on ford or maruti.
pls help.

Hi Sankirsh

Good analysis and I agree with your short list as well. However since you are in Delhi, request you also have a look at the Beat. I am currently owning Spark and from my experience Chevrolet sales and service is quite good and comparable to any in the market.

Beat has a peppy engine for city drive and on the highway, since you would be travelling with family you would not be doing more than 100 -110 km/hr anyway. I TDed it and upto 125km/hr, pickup is quite good with stable handling. The 3 cylinder which is derived from Fiat's multijet is super refined with no harsh vibrations.
I did give this some thought and strangely Beat does seem to be a VFM offering. It offers tremendous value for your money and you will get the top of line in your budget. Only con is that if you are less than 5ft 10' you might have some issue with the driver seating.
My advice is to TD it before making up your mind.

I think you can afford Punto Dynamic as well.
I bought Punto Emotion Pack one year ago. I paid 1.25L as down payment and opted for loan of 6 lacs. I am paying EMI of Rs.10,600. Have talk to SE about discounts and stuff, and for your surprise might fit in your budget. Plus there is festive schemes and absolute edition to offer from FIAT.

Apart from PUNTO I would suggest you Vista and Etios LIVA, If you not much keen on interiors that LIVA is a perfect match for you. [:D]

+1 to dharmesh.

Loads of offers are going on in Fiat. Punto will very well suit your budget and requirements.You can go for 1.3 Emotion. Festival schemes are in and you should land in some sweet spot for sure. If your only concern in Punto is with TATA ASS, get feedbacks from our forum punto owners!!!

If GC is the concern for you in Figo, I would say don't bother about it. Figo comes with 168mm GC if i am correct which is more than sufficient and it will survive atleast 80% of the bumps and holes with 5 adults inboard.

Thread Starter #8
after considering your point of view, i will visit the fiat showroom saturday afternoon as punto is really style icon and will reconsider it again as it was my first choice first time i thought of buying a new car but my brothers put the tata thing in my head but again i went ahead and visited the showroom.

will chk it and update u all abt my decision as i will finalize it by this sunday.
cant wait any longer thanks for your opinion.

Hi Sankirsh,

If you can strech your budget a little, you can go for Igen I20 CRDI ERA. its on road price is 6.80 L in Delhi....otherwise go for swift without any doubt.

[:)]

@ sankirsh, :agree: with you, on swift, polo, fabia, micra comment.
Fabia suffers from low gc and very poor ASS.
for micra, looks are subjective, so It's your opinion which will prevail .

AFA Beat is concerned, why you are bothered about three cylinders, just take a Td with five family members on board, and check power on slopes and signals. If you feel adequate adequate, then ask rear benchers about comfort level. Because it's their height , weight, mediical problems (joints) which will be important, than wide opinion given on the forum. Same is true with polo.

Please mention reasons for not liking chevy.
ICI

AFA Figo, you said serious GC issue and noise issue, but good TD.
Did you encountred GC issue during TD?

Diesel engines are definitely noisy if compared with petrol. Simple method to test noise levels is, stand outside the car then start the engine, then get inside, roll up the windows , switch on the AC on inner circulation mode, if the noise reduces to negligible levels then it is normal noise found in modern diesel engines, once your car runs on road and you swith on the music with low volume, and if the noise further reduces to near nil level , then do not worry at all. Any variation if found you can call
it noisier engine and reject.

@ Chayan, It is better to own a good GC car, for a new driver, as it will take considerable time to learn and practice, low GC handling skills , Also sankirsh mentioned that running will be more than 60 km/day, so he will be in hurry in most of the time, so it will be pain for him to exercise the' low GC' handling skills every now and then, which often involves very very low speed driving.

AFA PUNTO is concened, It will be driver friendly than vista on handling front. Now fiat is starting separate ASS for their car, (parted ways withTASS) ,National capital must on there list.You need to play gamble, as nothing is known how they will deliver?, though, I am hoping for better.

Last edited:
On vista, I tell you , it's a wonderful car from TATA, You need not ask the back benchers about comfort, it's comfy. Central panel , you will get used it soon, Don't worry.
AFA taxi image is concerned, there is a thread going on this forum started by 350 z, which reveals Hummers, Benz, corrolas being used as taxis with' color code'. After all rear comfy cars are more prone for taxi market.
Yes, TASS is poor, but better than skoda, ford. You have to be tenacious, shout at them, prepared for one or two stupid surprises. Remember vista, manza and punto all are doing very well inspite of TASS, on TAI.(read ownership review s)

Finally, your running is approx. 24000 km/ year, if you avail 7 yr. loan, You will be comleting 1 lakh km at the end of 4 year and by then you will have to change tyres atleast twice, battery once at your cost, Extended warranty will end at the same time.
So it will be a real pain to bear expences of ' void warranty items, engine, turbo ,work, insurance.
if required, along with Rs 10000 / month EMI.espesially during5 to 7 years.

So advise you against stretching your budget .

For me , it's ritz or vista, or punto (festive offer) for you. There are no offers going on for i 20 Diesel.
Also TD the Indigo eCS, and manza base version and let us know the prices.

Never purchase a car in hurry , if it's on the high EMI .

For me , it's ritz or vista, or punto (festive offer) for you. There are no offers going on for i 20 Diesel.
Actually Punto is expensive even with the offers. Active (base version) is coming at Rs. 6.6L (OR) even with the offers. Undoubtedly the car is hoot to drive; however I am afraid that with the already inflated prices, its not going to sell much.
Also though technically FIAT has dissociated itself from TATA; in most cities (e.g Kolkata) they are still being sold from TATA showrooms. Also there is no clear direction in which FIAT seem to be going. Even the SA does not have an idea of the date by which time FIAT will come up with a FIAT exclusive showroom.
Also from my experience the SA assigned for FIAT are the ones who are the junior most of the lot. Lack experience and in general not interested in selling. For example; I had enquired about Vista and Punto from the same dealer, but handled by two different SA. The TATA SA has till date called me up atleast 5 times. The Punto SA not even once. I did call him up once but quickly understood the futility of the effort.
I am afraid to say, in spite of having a great car (which pulled out FIAT from the doldrums internationally) in India, the company has lost its way. No vision no initiative (except opening some showrooms in Pune, Mumbai) and in short no clear sense of direction.

@ sankirsh If you agree with chayan and me , on unknown future of ASS of punto
choices left are ritz ,vista and to add one more Liva.
Ritz , positives for you - Best in India ASS, adequate space, vfm
Negatives for you- probably back seat comfort for three adults, ask the family members to go to show room and try the display car with the front passeger seat s pulled behind as per the front passegers comfort.

Vista, positives for you - space and space, back seat comfort, vfm, cost of the ASS.
Negatives for you- poor ASS

Liva, positives for you- adequate space(ask the family members), Good toyota ASS nearing suzuki. New looks as compared vista and ritz, No taxi image if you are still bothered about the taxi image.
Negatives,- yes cheap looking interior s as compared to vista and ritz, check the gc with all five members on board.
If you are going to own the car for sixth and seven year , after 1 lakh km, then stay away from TATA for ASS PURPOSE. In that case liva and ritz are the lovely choices (after checking gc of liva,and rear comfort)
Ford ASS is a costliest thing. stay away if you want use it in fifth to seventh year.

Last edited:

Top Bottom