New Delhi Auto Expo 2014 Live Updates and Discussions

Re: Delhi Auto Expo 2014 Takes Diversion To Greater Noida

Which days are you considering. I am referring to the schedule given in this thread.

I have a deep wish inside to go, but cannot commit as of now

^^I am looking for 7th to 11th of Feb'2014. Either 2 or 3 days from this schedule. I want to leave the first day due to the initial crowd. May be 8th,9th,10th

When will the ticket sales start bro.

Website mentions sales will begin last week of Nov 13. Book my Show does not show and sign of sales including in upcoming events. [anger]
[frustration] [frustration] [frustration]

Last edited:

@Mods

Please keep updated on ticket sales, in case any information is there.

^^Don't worry buddy read this

Tickets can be booked online and can be collected from the Exchange Counters located near the venue parking. Tickets can also be collected from the designated outlets or be requested for home delivery by paying courier charges within India till January 20, 2014. Tickets can be bought from various locations in Delhi/NCR – like Barista Coffee Shops, Croma Stores, Delhi Metro Rail Stations, etc.

Hurray!! Ticket sales have commenced.

Sat 8th & Sun 9th
General Public Hours: 10:00 am Onwards - Rs. 300/-

Fri 7th, Mon 10th & Tue 11th
Business Hours: 10:00 am Onwards - Rs. 500/-
General Public Hours: 01:00 pm Onwards - Rs. 200/-

Bookmyshow.com Autoexpo2014

Wouldn't it be great if live coverage-high quality was offered by the organizers?
That way one could enjoy reviews of whats new in the comfort of home?
Well,not v keen on the snapshots from TV car programmes-want a more meaty review of each car-esp new Indian Launches!

Hmm friends, I am in for the Auto Expo 2014 !! I will be visiting from 6th to 9th along with other exhibitions happening at Pragati Maidan. So any body else planning for the same from south ??

How about a Delhi meet during Auto Expo friends, Vibhor I remember you said something in these lines long ago, do you have anything like that in mind

I too would be visiting the Expo on at least one of the weekends, I will give a Skip to Pragati Maidan and would make it to BIC @ Greater Noida directly

Delhi Auto Expo 2014 - pre-show news !!

Friends,

Since the Auto expo is just few days left now, there are lot of news coming out about the expected new models and face lifts and I found members are posting separate thread for each news, so thought of concluding such news together for convenience, to start with

Nissan Sunny Facelift Debut In Auto Expo 2014

At the 2014 Auto Expo next month in New Delhi Nissan will launch the facelifted Sunny sedan. The new Sunny will come with comprehensive updates and will sport a more youthful design to appeal to the younger crowd.

Updates to the design are likely to come in the form of new headlamp design, revised grille and new front bumpers. But the changes on the inside are likely to be more extensive, along with the addition of new features and amenities.
Read more at: Nissan Sunny Facelift Debut In Auto Expo 2014 - Drivespark

Attachments

350Z

Core Team

Here's a quick list of all-new products coming from some of the manufacturers at Auto Expo 2014. It will be updated as more information emerges.

> BMW: i8, M6 Gran Coupe, New X5

> Ford: New Global Concept Car

> Hyundai: New Compact Sedan, New Santa-Fe

> Mini: Launch of John Cooper Works Accessories

> Skoda: Unveiling of two all-new products slated for Indian market

> Tata Motors: All-new Falcon hatchback and sedan range

Drive Safe,
350Z

70 cars, bikes to be unveiled next week at Auto Expo

NEW DELHI: Car and bike aficionados are set for a treat with 70 new launches scheduled at the Auto Expo. Of these, 26 will be global unveiling.

The biennial event will kick off at Greater Noida from February 7. This is the first time the event is being held outside Delhi after it was blamed for choking the capital's roads when it was held at Pragati Maidan.

Mass-market players like Maruti, Hyundai and Honda and luxury automakers Audi, BMW and Mercedes alike will be trotting out debutants.

Eagerly awaited launches include Maruti's Celerio, which seeks to make automatic driving affordable. The Celerio, which will compete with models like the Hyundai i10, Ford Figo, Honda Brio and some from Maruti's own stable, will sport a 1-liter petrol engine and Maruti promises that the auto version will not be priced prohibitively. The company will also unveil an all-new sedan, apart from concept models.

Hyundai will take a shot at the entry-sedan segment with an all-new midsize built on the i10 Grand compact's platform. The new sedan -- which will be unveiled on February 4 — will take on models like the Maruti Dzire and Honda Amaze. The company will also showcase a concept coupe while also launching the new Santa Fe SUV.

While the market heavyweights add to their line-up, Datsun will hold the world premiere of a new hatchback. The company, that re-enters the car market with the 'Go' small car in March this year, is banking on emerging markets like India. It will also showcase the Go Plus MUV, that was unveiled at the Jakarta Motor Show in September last year.

Companies will also try to tap into the growing love of Indians for compact SUVs. Volkswagen will showcase its Taigun while General Motors will bring the sub 4-meter Adra concept. Fiat is also expected to showcase a new compact SUV, while Renault will unveil an upgraded version of its Duster SUV, a vehicle that created the mini SUV segment. Also joining this party will be homegrown Tata Motors which is likely to unveil a concept for an all-new compact SUV.

Mahindra & Mahindra will not launch any new vehicle but unveil models like a hybrid version of the XUV500 and an auto-gear shift variant of the Quanto.

Honda, which has seen a good run in the market on the back of models like Amaze and Brio, will unveil the new Jazz hatchback and Mobilio MPV, both of which will be launched later in the year.

Moving over to the luxury side, Mercedes Benz will unveil the AMG version of its CLA sedan and the concept of the GLA compact SUV, which will come to India later. Also, it will showcase its F1 podium car, driven by Nico Rosberg. BMW will showcase its visionary 'i' concept vehicles while compatriot Audi will unveil the highly-awaited Audi A3 Sedan and the RS 7 sports car.

On the two-wheeler side, legendary bikemaker Harley Davidson will unveil the Street 750 bike while homegrown Hero Moto will showcase a variety of new models and concepts.

Media previews will begin from February 5, while February 6-7 will be for the media, special invitees and dealers. The event will open for the public from February with a ticket price of Rs 500 for business hours (10am-1pm, weekdays) and Rs 200 for general hours. The organizers plan to offer shuttles from the Botanical Garden metro station at Noida and from Pragati Maidan.

The event is being seen with much hope and anticipation by automakers who have been struggling over the past two years as poor economic climate and general despondency among buyers have kept sales low.

Source - 70 cars, bikes to be unveiled next week at Auto Expo - The Times of India

Be assured. You are going to get all the live details and exhaustive coverage on The Automotive India itself. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z
This is a great way to enjoy the Auto Expo 2014 right at the comfort of our home and offices for Southern enthusiasts like me[roll] Vibhor, please do publish the link to watch the live webcast and I for one will be a happy soul watching the live action through your eyes.

350Z

Core Team

The organizers have released dedicated mobile apps for free so that visitors can conveniently locate the stall they wish to check out.

> iPhone App: Link

> Android App: Link

> Windows App: Link

> Blackberry App: Link

Plus, the tickets can now be bought from the following metro stations in Delhi:

Auto-Expo-Tickets.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom