New Delhi Auto Expo 2014 Live Updates and Discussions

Wow!-Superb photography!
Did you see the ADD Venture? Could you ask them about its launch?-for those who cant wait .. Auto Expo 2014 - Tata ADD Venture Concept showcased.
I feel the success of the Bolt and Zest will be pricing. News on the Aria @20Lakhs makes me shiver that TML will price these two beaties at a premium and then start discounts to gets sales moving-i hope sincerely i am wrong!

^^Thank you friend. Except taking pics, there was no chance to speak to anybody. I will write my review on visit once I complete all the pics. All of the pics taken from tiny Lumia 620 mobile

^^Wait for my review on the expo !! due to the time constraint, I missed visiting BWM,AUDI,MERC,Chevy Stalls[cry]. We were there for 3 hours hardly and it was difficult to cover everything as the crowd was around 1.1L on Saturday

more pics..

Attachments

more pics..

Attachments

more pics..

Attachments

more pics..

Attachments

I have finished posting all the pics I have taken during the Auto Expo !! Now its time for my personal subjective short report/review of the Expo.

Impressions of Expo :
- I felt it was bit long to travel to Noida all the way, lot of traffic jam for 4 to 5 kilometers. Though the halls at previous Venue(Pragati Maidan) were bigger than Noida, but it is just not possible to control those many visitors cars and the crowd outside the P.Maidan.
- The parking lots were huge, but were dusty, with big path holes all around. It could have made little good with a proper soil or a tar tarmac.
- The distance from parking lot 2 to the venue is very long, shuttle buses used were not good at all. The bus travels very slow and he took lot of time to drop us at the venue.
- I expected that I get amazed with the new venue at Noida(I think it is hyped a lot), but was not that exciting to me(BIEC grounds at Bangalore has much better approach and entry to the halls)
- Since the venue is newly made I hope, the halls layout could have been one after other. I mean if you enter the hall 1, then you should be able to go to the last hall from inside itself without a confusion of missing any car. They could have given a big walk way in middle of the each hall and kept all the display cars on both sides with barricades.
- Food stalls were not upto the mark and pretty costly for any item. They were just trying to make money as nothing was available out side the venue. With the kind of crowd on saturday, most of the items were sold out and huge line in front of each food stall.
- Organisers failed to guess the crowd on weekends, so entire halls were jam packed inside and even at the food joints. Hope they could do better arrangements in future anticipating the number of visitors on weekends. So it was a pain to visit on weekends, as crowd never allowed us to check any model bit in detail.

About each manufacturer and their display:

I am putting this up the sequence I visited. I missed going to Audi/BMW/Merc hall as they stopped us as the crowd was full in the hall. I missed Chevy stall with confusion about its location. I have seen the stall in the end, but due to time constraint I left it.

1. Honda : Impressive display with their New City,Mobilio. I liked the New City, it really looks huge.
2.Toyota: : New Corolla was good, Innova new one was not that impressive. Stall layout was good
3.TATA: Most impressive stall for me. It just started with Rovers and Jaguar. Then towards Nano and Xenon, concept versions. Then to the most popular of the lot..
Bolt : Excellent change in front, rear looks like a evoque a bit, little of Vista curves are seen on the rear back portion when you look at from side angle. Interiors look awesome and display car alloys too. I liked it much. I think they also came up with that AMT transmission, but launch seems to be in June and by the time Celerio its away the market for sure.
Zest : A fresh chicken all together fitted with popular fiat engine. Car looks well balanced and never looked like a compact one. Really a good impressive sedan and TATA has done a commendable job on this. Price is the key here for its success and I wish TATA takes care of its dealers and famous A.S.S otherwise however is the car good, it will die down soon.
Both cars display a tremendous paint job and finish.
Strome Ladakh and Sumo extreme were really awesome, Nano looks pretty good in that orange color. Venture also looks good along with few buses and trucks displayed. Overall an impressive stall among others. Surprisingly there was no Aria and also they have not displayed Vista and Manza too.
Mahindra : Pretty disappointed with the stall as they have displayed all the old models which are in the market except a Reva, Holo, a Rexton. Pretty dull stall to me.
VW : Displayed models were few old and few new I think, impressive was Taigun to me.
Fiat: Punto and Linea were old models, a compact SUV and Abarth attracts you.
Suzuki: Most crowd is seen in this stall again. Most of them were around the Celerio, it really grabbed attention. There were some concept with modified present models. Celerio looks fairly good to me and I expect it may sell well.
Hyundai: A new car Xcent, didn't appeal to me that much and others are same
Ford: New Fiesta is really impressive and if priced well can really pull the numbers. Liked its wide bold front grill.

Bikes & Scooters: New Activa 125 looks good and the Vespa stall looks good. All others did not appeal to me very much and too much of crowd never allowed me to look at them in detail.

So finally it was a mixed feeling and my mistake is to select a weekend to go there. Lot of compact cars seen and most of them may not come on Indian roads. I felt that they should display something which will come in to the market soon. Also they should mention the tentative time when a model will be available in the market, because at times each executive say different months(This apply to every manufacturer).

Special thanks to Nitin who took me to the show and dropped me back. Enjoyed the company of our member @vroom.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Some statistics shared by SIAM on the concluding day of Auto Expo 2014:

Footfalls:

> 5th and 6th Feb: 60,000

> 7th Feb: 75,000

> 8th Feb: 1,10,000

> 9th Feb: 1,21,000

> 10th Feb: 1,05,000

> 11th Feb: 90,000

Exhibitors:

> Car and SUV’s: 23

> Two / Three Wheelers: 14

> Commercial Vehicles: 10

> Electric Vehicles: 6

> 47 Vehicle Exhibitors

New Launches:

Two Wheelers:

> Indian: 9

> Global: 3

Commercial Vehicles:

> Indian: 9

> Global: 8

Cars & UVs:

> Indian: 25

> Global: 15

Exhaustive Coverage:

Passenger Cars:

> Audi: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> BMW & Mini: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Chevrolet: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Datsun: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Fiat: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Ford: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Honda: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Hyundai: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Isuzu Motors: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Jaguar Land Rover: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Mahindra & SsangYong: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Maruti Suzuki: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Mercedes Benz: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Nissan: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Renault: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Skoda: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Tata Motors: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Toyota: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Volkswagen: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

Two Wheelers:

> Bajaj: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> DSK Hyosung: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Harley Davidson: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Hero MotoCorp: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Honda Two Wheelers: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Piaggio: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Suzuki: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Triumph: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> TVS: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Yamaha: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

Commercial Vehicles:

> Ashok Leyland: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Eicher Motors: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Scania: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

Miscellaneous:

> DC Designs: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Firefox Bicycles: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Vintage and Supercars: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
The 12th Auto Expo Components Show concluded on a high note:

> 70,000+ Business Visitors

> 34,000+ Business Enquiries

> 11 Focused Conferences

> 35 Overseas Delegations

> 32 Sourcing Delegations of OEM

An excerpt from press release:
Commenting on the accomplishment of the Components Show, Harish Lakshman, President, ACMA said, “We are overwhelmed with the response to the Components Show by both the exhibitors and the business visitors alike despite the show being held in a downturn year. The show witnessed heighted business prospects as we received the right footfalls, further, the business queries generated have also helped uplift the sentiments of the industry”.

Mr. Kris Gopalakrishnan, President, CII, added, “The success of the shows is a tribute to the camaraderie of the three associations – SIAM, CII and ACMA. It is indeed a special moment for us for having hosted the Components Show with our partners despite the fact that the auto industry is passing through a rough patch.”

During the expo, the organisers undertook specific initiatives to focus on various pertinent industry issues and develop business opportunities for the participants. These included hosting delegations, seminars, conferences and various awareness-enhancing initiatives – some of the events held during the four days duration are:

Safety Pavilion - For the first time at the Components Show, a safety pavilion was setup, which showcased ‘safety critical items’. The necessity for a thematic exhibition on ‘safety’ comes in the wake of increased road accidents and the need to sensitise the consumers on the importance of both active and passive road safety.

AutoDX - During the run-up to the Auto Expo, ACMA and SIAM, jointly announced the creation of Auto Data Exchange ‘AutoDX ‘on February 04, 2014, an EDI platform for seamlessly integrating OEMs and suppliers on a common data exchange standard. This path-breaking initiative will help standardise transaction data definitions, automate data exchange amongst industry players, obviate manual data entries and provide data interchange capability across the automotive industry to enable a streamlined supply chain. An estimated 40 OEMs (SIAM members) and over 700 suppliers (ACMA members) are expected to derive business benefits through standardisation of information exchange and use of common EDI technology infrastructure. The initiative will increase supply chain efficiency, reduce transaction costs and in the long run, provide end-to-end tracking and traceability of goods across the supply chain.

Conference - A conference was organised on the theme of ‘Graduating to a Design and Engineering capable supplier ‘with the objective of understanding the dynamics of engineering and designing capabilities and its integration with the business needs of the vehicle manufacturer.

National Conference - With a view to provide a deeper understanding on global standards, processes and strategies related to exports, a national conference on ‘Meeting Challenges of Exports: Product Liability, Warranty & Recall ‘was organised. The seminar aimed at creating awareness in the auto components exporting community on legal liabilities and claims due to failure or non-performance of products exported.

Workshop - In order to motivate the Indian auto component industry to focus on innovation, ACMA and Fraunhofer Institute of Germany jointly organised a workshop on February 08, 2014 on creating a conducive ecosystem for a culture of R&D and product development. The workshop focussed on technical subjects such as structural durability, bulk metal foaming and laser material processing.

Canada Session - ACMA, along with Automotive Parts Manufacturers Association (APMA) of Canada organised a session on ‘Business Opportunity with Canadian Automotive Industry’ with the objective of exploring business opportunities, between the automotive industries of the two countries. The six-member Canadian delegation evinced keen interest in partnering with their Indian counterpart.

Seminar - A seminar on ‘Packaging, security labels and brand protection solutions for the aftermarket’ was organised. Through this event, ACMA brought together component suppliers to discuss businesses, which are adversely impacted by counterfeiting, and the agencies, which have been actively developing solutions to address these challenges. The various points touched upon through the conference were ‘Printable Security Features in Paper Board Packaging’, ‘Anti-Counterfeiting Technologies’, ‘Value engineering’, and ‘Emerging trends in carton packaging’.

Students Engagement - in order to increase the engagement of the engineering-student community with the automotive industry, a contest titled ‘passion for innovation’ was also organised during the exported contestants were asked to identify new technologies on display among various exhibitors along with detailed presentations on the technologies identified, their usage and how these technologies could help industry improve overall quality. In all 23 institutes participated from across the country. Of these, three were awarded namely: HMR Institute of Technology, Hamidpur, Delhi with the first prize; Gautham Buddha University, Noida, the second while JMIT, Kurukshetra, won the third prize.

All in all, the Auto Expo – Components Show was a resounding success and is being seen as harbinger of good tidings for the auto component industry.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom