New Delhi Auto Expo 2014 Live Updates and Discussions

Thread Starter #1
Noida is likely to take over from Pragati Maidan as the venue for the next Delhi Auto Expo in 2014.

The biennial event will now see cars, two-wheelers and trucks housed in neighbouring Noida (Uttar Pradesh), while Pragati Maidan will continue to play host to the auto components sector.

Top sources who spoke to Business Line were almost unanimous that there is absolutely no space at Pragati Maidan and its creaky infrastructure is worrying. Noida is the best bet for an ideal location near the Capital,

Post the 2012 edition, companies had protested vehemently about the uncontrollable crowds, filthy toilets and messy food stalls. “It was absolutely disgusting and we had a terrible time right through the event,” a participant recalled.

Scarce attention has been paid to Pragati Maidan over the years and it is in dire need of a makeover.

Automakers see little sense in spending so much on hiring halls when they get so little in return. Yet, they did not have a choice as this was a big event which they could not give a miss.

Companies have also been intimidated by the huge crowds that throng each Auto Expo. “On some days, there would be thousands of people packed like sardines in some of the halls. We were worried to death about a stampede,” a company official said.

When participants thought they had seen the worst at the 2010 Expo, they were aghast to see things turn worse two years later.

“It was absolutely horrific for international visitors who had seen top-class shows in Shanghai, Geneva and Paris. Delhi was a complete mess,” the official added.

It now remains to be seen if the components industry will be content to stay isolated at Pragati Maidan, while the rest of their associates will be part of a swanky venue.

The expo is all about networking and it is not going to be the easiest of tasks working out the logistics from Pragati Maidan to Noida which is quite some distance away.

It is also not clear how the organisers of the Expo — CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) and ACMA (Automotive Component Manufacturers’ Association) — will jointly plan the new business model. There are barely 15 months to go before the 2014 Expo.

After 2012 chaos

------------------------

Exhaustive Coverage:

Passenger Cars:

> Audi: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> BMW & Mini: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Chevrolet: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Datsun: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Fiat: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Ford: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Honda: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Hyundai: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Isuzu Motors: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Jaguar Land Rover: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Mahindra & SsangYong: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Maruti Suzuki: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Mercedes Benz: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Nissan: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Renault: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Skoda: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Tata Motors: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Toyota: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Volkswagen: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

Two Wheelers:

> Bajaj: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> DSK Hyosung: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Harley Davidson: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Hero MotoCorp: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Honda Two Wheelers: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Piaggio: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Suzuki: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Triumph: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> TVS: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Yamaha: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

Commercial Vehicles:

> Ashok Leyland: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Eicher Motors: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Scania: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

Miscellaneous:

> DC Designs: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Firefox Bicycles: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

> Vintage and Supercars: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Delhi Auto Expo 2014 may take diversion to Noida

+100 Visran,

This is 100% true. I visited Pragati Maidan recently during my Delhi trip and was really disappointed with its infrastructure and its space and shape.

It looks same when I first attended a big machine tool expo "IMTEX" in 1998. It was like a heaven for me at that point of time, but now all the structures got old and faded out and really looks a shabby and messy place to have such kind of international standard events.

I was just thinking about the same issue whether this can handle the Auto Expo in 2014. Already the India's biggest machine tools expo " Imtex" has been shifted to Bangalore which takes place in January every year. BIEC at Bangalore is much better, but again having only 3 halls, which again disappoint me, but bit clean since it is new. Best part is BIEC got very good parking area outside the exhibition center and Pragati Maidan fails in parking area too.

So there is a urgent need to look for a good place for coming Auto expo and I wish the officials will definitely change the Venue

350Z

Core Team
Re: Delhi Auto Expo 2014 May Take Diversion To Noida

The biennial event will now see cars, two-wheelers and trucks housed in neighbouring Noida (Uttar Pradesh), while Pragati Maidan will continue to play host to the auto components sector.
The situation of Auto Expo is becoming from bad to worse as far as the management and infrastructure is concerned. I know some fellow journalists who were struggling to get in on the media day, at the same time, some families with kids who arranged the so called ‘VIP Passes’ created a havoc inside by posing with every vehicle just for the heck of it. The organizers need to shift the venue from Pragati Maidan and need to work on the overall management a big time. I expect the 2014 edition will be much better considering the feedback given on Auto Expo 2012, even though I’m already prepared for the worst. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Vibhor,

It is already decided that it will be at Noida. The arrangements are going in a big way and next Auto Expo will be a truly international one and kids of age below 15 are completely not allowed

Source: a person from ITPO, Delhi

Thread Starter #5

Vibhor,

It is already decided that it will be at Noida. The arrangements are going in a big way and next Auto Expo will be a truly international one and kids of age below 15 are completely not allowed

Source: a person from ITPO, Delhi
That's a very encouraging news hope the management get's their act together and make this event truly international.

Well, that's a relief that venue would be Noida. At pragati maidan,things are only getting worse every time. Any idea what's the exact location for the show in Noida??

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team

The arrangements are going in a big way and next Auto Expo will be a truly international one and kids of age below 15 are completely not allowed
It’s a perfect move to set age restrictions (could be kept even higher). I have seen a lot of kids fiddling around the stalls and cars while their organizers were trying to shoo them off. The so-called ‘Trade fairs’ and ‘Auto Expos’ have begun to lose their real purpose in India. Let’s hope for the best at Auto Expo 2014.

Drive Safe,
350Z

It’s a perfect move to set age restrictions (could be kept even higher). I have seen a lot of kids fiddling around the stalls and cars while their organizers were trying to shoo them off. The so-called ‘Trade fairs’ and ‘Auto Expos’ have begun to lose their real purpose in India. Let’s hope for the best at Auto Expo 2014.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yeah, you are right Vibhor, its quite disturbing with kids at some serious expos, an example, I attend IMTEX(Indian machine tools expo) every year since year 1996 I think, It used to happen at Pragati Maidan Delhi and without any problems, recently few years back it got shifted to Bangalore international exhibition center. So the real problem is they allow college engineering college students and some other colleges too, and whenever they enter the expo in huge numbers and they are around all the halls and poor exhibitors will have a nightmare controling them one pics catalogues, other put something into a running demo machine, some will sctrach the demo models, and between all this people like us finding a way to the stalls to discuss something serious or do some quick buying decisions of machines, Oh god !! it will be totally a messy thing

So you can expect how it will be for Auto exp especially when such people are around and they touch every car and open the doors and try and sit do something else..[clap], in fact organizers should keep a day completely for kids and students and put some barricades near the stalls to protect the products. Many times I was also the exhibitors in some big industrial expos and know this pain verymuch. I wish next Auto expo will be clean and clear from such things

350Z

Core Team
Re: Delhi Auto Expo 2014 Takes Diversion To Greater Noida

Finally, SIAM has finalized the dates and venue of next Auto Expo. It’ll be held in Greater Noida from 6 – 12 Feb 2014. An official statement by Director General of SIAM.
In the next Auto Expo, which will be held from February 6-12, we will be showing only vehicles and accessories at the India Expo Centre and Mart at Greater Noida. Lot of global CEOs who wanted to be here have said to us that they could not because of their engagement with the Detroit Auto Show. So we decided to shift our Auto Expo to February. For the components, the exhibition will be held in a separate venue and is being still worked out.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Venue should be shifted to Pune coz Asia's biggest exhibition centre is coming up here, and a traffic park already started. [clap] The area would be 240 acres with investments of Rs.600 Cr. [:D]

350Z

Core Team

Auto Expo website has been updated with a new logo. The event is happening in Greater Noida in Feb 2014.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Updated website of Auto Expo is now live. As expected, it has different sections for actual motor show and components expo. Sharing some details:

12th Auto Expo 2014 – The Motor Show

> Date: Feb 7 – 11, 2014

> Venue: India Expo Mart, Greater Noida

12th Auto Expo 2014 – The Components Expo

> Date: Feb 6 – 9, 2014

> Venue: Pragati Maidan, New Delhi

Timings for motor show.

1.png

Site map of the motor show.

site_plan.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Auto Expo 2014(DELHI) - What is in store ??

Friends,

The biggest Auto Expo in India is back again and few more days to begun(Feb'2014) and the at a new venue this time, it is in Noida.

Lot of expectations and I think it is going to be a big show this time as Indian market has seen many and many new models coming in since last expo and the market has become very competitive now. So it is a very important market for any global auto player and there are surprises expected with their new launches.

Wish we share all those exciting news about all new launches on this thread till the show begins.

To discuss and share such information, I felt to start a new thread with a new information from my side[:)]

Hyundai Grand i10 Sedan Launch At Auto Expo

Read more at: Hyundai Grand i10 Sedan Launch At Auto Expo - Drivespark

Hi All,

Any TAI meet planned at the Auto Expo 2014 ?

Cheers,
Anshuman

^^If I am correct, Vibhor spoke about this some time back in some thread. I am seriously planning to visit this expo as of now.

Top Bottom