New Chevrolet Captiva Launched in India

I have got into the Captiva, but that was in Kuwait. I was simply amazed by the car; it is cheaper by 2-4 L there. The interiors are the same as the ones posted by 350Z in post no.11. Of course, it didn't have the third row [there, if you want to carry more people, then you buy another car]. What amazed me most was its performance. It cruises effortlessly at 150kmph and I am sure that it can do much more. Though I did not get a chance to drive the beast, I can guess that it is a superb vehicle.

No ideas about how it will do in India.

350Z

Core Team
General Motors has rolled out the refreshed Captiva in India without making a noise.

New-Chevrolet-Captiva-India-2013.jpg

New-Chevrolet-Captiva-India-2013-1.jpg

New-Chevrolet-Captiva-India-2013-2.jpg

New-Chevrolet-Captiva-India-2013-3.jpg

New-Chevrolet-Captiva-India-2013-4.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

^^ The only difference i see there is the tail-lights and black plastic claddings from the previous version. Any big difference?

^^ The only difference i see there is the tail-lights and black plastic claddings from the previous version. Any big difference?
To quickly the round up all changes on the Captiva facelift, the model receives a new lower bumper at the front, a subtly different grille mesh, and reshaped foglamps.

The car’s rear features quickly recognizable changes which include new LED lights on the stoplight that look brilliant in the dark, and a redesigned bumper housing exhaust tips. The design of the 18-inch alloy wheels is new.

Differences are very minor to the interior where the updated car receives new seat fabric, a redesigned multimedia screen while higher trims also enjoy leather upholstery. Keyless start comes standard on the higher variants. The rear seat is heated and the ambient lighting is revisited.

The interior keeps the all-black theme but there are minor differences such as new ambient lighting and revised fabrics.

The new 2.2L diesel engine which was showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo and subsequently launched in India was available only with an automatic transmission. However after this update, it can also be requested with a manual transmission that’s been updated to a more advanced 6-speed unit. The 2.0-liter diesel engine (the same unit which powers the Cruze) has been discontinued.

IAB encountered the Captiva refresh for the first time in Geneva this March. The taillights, with LED highlights, looked brilliant. Also notice how the exhaust tips neatly integrate into the bumper.

The 2.2L unit produces a max power of 186.5 PS @ 3,800 rpm and a peak torque of 424 NM @ 2,000 rpm on both transmission options. It returns a mileage of 14.6kpl on the manual variant and manages 12.12kpl on the automatic variant. The manual variant is a 2WD, while the automatic variant is an AWD.

The Captiva facelift gets new seat fabric and a multimedia system.

Some of the noteworthy features on the Captiva refresh are rain sensing wipers, dual zone climate control, eight speakers and an automatic level ride suspension. Both variants are spec-ed very well in terms of safety too featuring six airbags, ABS, EBD, TCS, ESP and a descent control system.
GM India quietly introduces the Chevrolet Captiva facelift

350Z

Core Team
GM has launched the Captiva MY2015 Edition which now features cluster ionizer and updated instrument cluster. Price (Ex.showroom, Delhi):

> MT: Rs.25,13,528

> AT: Rs.27,36,192

The engine is same as earlier: 2.2L, 186.5 BHP @ 3800 RPM, 400 Nm @ 2000 RPM with an option of six speed automatic with AWD or manual transmission.

Chevrolet-Captiva-2015.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its a nice machine
with lots of pulling power and features but due to lack of proper service network and high price not selling well.

Top Bottom