But Corby has problems arising out of it. My friend's Corby got dead a month after he purchased , though he got a new replacement from Samsung! And also i don find it to be user-friendly a touch complicated!
Ironically, this is not a touchscreen.
I dont like touchscreen phones much.
I am kind of confused between this and E63.
E63 is Rs.4,000 more expensine, so i guess i will have to put extra effort to convince my parents.
Here is a link to the specs. Samsung B3310 - Full phone specifications
I think you should skip Corby Mate and go for E63.
Corby Mate - Cons
1. No 3G
2. Small screen (2.0 Inches) compared E63 (2.36 Inches)
3. No 3.5 mm audio jack
4. Low internal memory (40 MB) compared to E63 (120MB)
5. Higher limit of 1000 entries in phone book. E63 has no limit!
6. Lack of hot swap
7. No memory test figure is available. E63 is tested up to 16 GB.
8. Out dated GPRS (Class 10 32 - 48 kbps) compared to E63 (Class 32, 100 kbps)
9. Out dated EDGE (Class 10, 236.8 kbps) compared to E63 (Class 32, 296 kbps)
10. No WLAN
11. No Document editors
12. Missing Organizer
13. Battery life is better in E63 (Li-Po 1500mAh) compared to Corby (Li-Ion 800mAh).
14. Low stand by (Up to 380 h) compared to E63 (Up to 432 h)
15. Low talk time (Up to 5 h) compared to E63 (Up to 11 h)
So I don't find a good reason for you to buy Samsung Corby instead of E63! Be futuristic, buy E63
I feel the Nokia X3 is the better deal. It looks nicer, fresher and is a new entrant in the market. It is also feature-loaded and for its price, pretty good value for money! If I were in your place, the X3 would be an obvious choice for me. It's out of my budget or else I would have considered it too.