New Car Under Rs.6 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

After using my safari for 4 years now i am selling as some place its difficult to take this huge beast . Now thinking of buying small car with good ground clearance as my santro always get hit from beneath when i going to my factory as road is worst in that area due thankful harayana government and trucks . Thinking of swift as i heard its good car from other user . i trust more owner of that cars then paper specification . i tested punto also but that car seams to be small for my legs then swift .

So list i made is
1. good ground clearance
2. comfortable

i am no hurry in buying car but need under 6lac can raise little bit only if it is necessary .

Thank you,
Rahul

Off Topic : Sorry mod if i have posted in wrong section please move to respected section if required . thank you

Rahul, would you mention how much is your monthly running? This helps us to recommend the fuel type.
Now within 6lacs you can get the following cars.

Maruti Suzuki Alto
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 1.0
Nissan Micra
Maruti Suzuki Swift
Tata Indica Vista
Hyundai i10
Fiat Grande Punto
Tata Indigo Manza
Hyundai i20

After you have specified the fuel type i will give you my take.

If you are not satisfied with Santro's GC, I doubt any other Hatch will be able to satisfy you. Only option, SX4.

And I didn't get your point that Punto is small for your foot than Swift. If you are talking about front seat comfort/area, Punto has much more than Swift.

If ground clearance is your concern, then it becomes difficult to find one below 6lakh. SX4 is the best option you have. Slightly raise your budget and get SX4.
You can also look indigo marina. It has decent GC. [:)]

Thread Starter #8
the new fabia 1.6 TDi should be the option for you.
it seams look good and it is comfortable but what about its famous ASS have they improved ?

Rahul, would you mention how much is your monthly running? This helps us to recommend the fuel type.
Now within 6lacs you can get the following cars.

Maruti Suzuki Alto
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 1.0
Nissan Micra
Maruti Suzuki Swift
Tata Indica Vista
Hyundai i10
Fiat Grande Punto
Tata Indigo Manza
Hyundai i20

After you have specified the fuel type i will give you my take.
its just factory to office vice-versa and little bit client office to take cheque
So its just city drive 90% and 10% highway
Also i want petrol .

Maruti Suzuki Alto don't like it . i don't fee safe in it .
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 1.0 my father will buy it
Nissan Micra
Maruti Suzuki Swift - little bit interested in it but GC[frustration]
Tata Indica Vista had enough of tata
Hyundai i10 already have
Fiat Grande Punto cheap interior feel and small for my legs
Tata Indigo Manza will look for it
Hyundai i20 i am no mood of buying another hyundai

If you are not satisfied with Santro's GC, I doubt any other Hatch will be able to satisfy you. Only option, SX4.

And I didn't get your point that Punto is small for your foot than Swift. If you are talking about front seat comfort/area, Punto has much more than Swift.
well as soon as i put my feet on the dead pedal, i was stuck and also cheap plastic makes me go away from punto

If ground clearance is your concern, then it becomes difficult to find one below 6lakh. SX4 is the best option you have. Slightly raise your budget and get SX4.
You can also look indigo marina. It has decent GC.
SX4 looks good are you sure about GC [surprise]

ilango[speed thirst];53662 said:
If santro gets hit at bottom , i fear almost all cars do the same.

Alto must solve you!
but to me alto doesn't feel safe after seeing so many accident of this car . also i won't compromise on safety does alto offer airbags and ABS?

I think you are thinking the right way by giving priority to safety.
No, the Altok10 doesnt have option of ABS or Airbags.

IMO go for a Swift, but be adviced it has got cramped rear. The New K12 engine is pretty smooth(not as smooth as kappa) and fuel efficient. As for GC I think it is more or less similar to your Santro.

Thread Starter #10
ok fabia is also out from my list just meet a fabia owner after hearing about ASS i think tata has found their lost brother or sister .

also i am getting swift ZXI 1.3 2009 model for 490k and has covered 14k what do you guys think ABS and air bag is what making me interested . is that price ok or i should lower down more .

Also its blue colour if i wanted to get it repainted to black colour how much will it cost local shop gave me idea of 12k but i still don't know about their quality work . any idea how much maurti ask for repaint

Last edited:
I think the price is a little on the higher side, The new Swift is just round the corner. So this model is going to be outdated now. And the 2009 version does not have the advantage of the K-series mill as well.

Are you sure you want a Hatch? After driving an SUV for so long you will definitely cramped in any hatch you sit!

I would suggest either Manza or SX4!

ok fabia is also out from my list just meet a fabia owner after hearing about ASS i think tata has found their lost brother or sister .

also i am getting swift ZXI 1.3 2009 model for 490k and has covered 14k what do you guys think ABS and air bag is what making me interested . is that price ok or i should lower down more .

Also its blue colour if i wanted to get it repainted to black colour how much will it cost local shop gave me idea of 12k but i still don't know about their quality work . any idea how much maurti ask for repaint
The price is on a higher side. IMO get a new Swift rather than a used one.

Thread Starter #15
Are you sure you want a Hatch? After driving an SUV for so long you will definitely cramped in any hatch you sit!

I would suggest either Manza or SX4!
ya i know but all my clients are in busy area where i can't park my safari . So that's why i am thinking but still 50:50 . also can't go for sx4 as budget too tight atleast till December

The price is on a higher side. IMO get a new Swift rather than a used one.
4 months [frustration] wait T_T is stopping me from buying it still . i can't buy car till my safari don't get sold . Also what price should i say just small suggestion :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom