New Car Under Rs.3 Lac – Alto 800 or Nano LX? Suggestions Invited.

new car between 2 to 3 lakhs(+/- 30,000)

• Total voters
Thread Starter #46
there is one more news for nano lovers:
we are getting a special edition of nano from this October onward which will consist of company fitted music system,all alloy wheels,2 front speakers and special edition decals on the outer body,and last but not the least is 2 glove boxes[clap].we are getting this on lx model only.
and one more secret is that for the October month booking it is the same price of nano lx top end model without the cash discount of 10,000/-(last month it was 5000/-)
means lx OTR is 2,36,000(no discount applicable, but TCS discount of 25,000 is still there) for the special edition.
many showrooms have received their lot and hopefully we will be able to look at it and test drive it soon.

Last edited:
kannan said:
since i have never rode a Nano please clear my doubts
1. does nano have power brakes? (both front and rear are drum brakes, but whether power assisted or not i am not sure)
2. since there is no PS is it easy to drive?
3. can we place any bag in the rear space?
Yes it has power assisted brakes.

No problem while car is moving, just need some effort when its stationary.

Rear is good to have two big and one small bag. There are plenty of space near rear passenger legs.

Thread Starter #48
guys today i received a call from maruti information department from the company itself asking and verifying about the sms that i had sent for the inquiry of alto 800. that official person on the call confirmed the update that it will have 4 petrol models and only 1 cng model.3 models of petrol with std,lx and lxi and 4th one will be separate option of airbag.
but only 1 model of cng i.e.lxi like we have in wagon r or estilo. and lxi cng will come with 2 interior choices of brown or grey.

Local dealers at Kolkata quoted me 3.30 L(exshowroom) for the lxi model. In my opinion as there is not much difference between K10 and alto 800 in pricing so getting a k10 is better idea as it has better engine, performance and lots fun to drive. Me to buying a car before diwali, will choose between Alto k10 or Wagon R duo.

Thread Starter #52
Re: New Car Under Rs.3 Lac – Alto 800 or Nano LX? Suggestions Invited.

Local dealers at Kolkata quoted me 3.30 L(exshowroom) for the lxi model. In my opinion as there is not much difference between K10 and alto 800 in pricing so getting a k10 is better idea as it has better engine, performance and lots fun to drive. Me to buying a car before diwali, will choose between Alto k10 or Wagon R duo.
yes you r right even i am thinking that alto 800 petrol price range is ok but cng price is disappointing.i am also thinking for wagon r cng instead of alto cng lxi top model.

Thread Starter #53
guys i want to ask you all one more question regarding the new purchase of any car, it might be in the wrong thread kindly merge it with other thread if already exists.
is it advisable to buy a new car from a DSA (who gives more discount) or just to go by the traditional method of going to any authorized showroom?

Thread Starter #55

Hey parag,

I think you are in a very confusing state of mind right now !! which to choose [cry]

What is DSA ??
yes dear kindly help me out whether alto 800 lxi cng (top model) at 4.16 OTR or wagon r lxi cng at 4.50 OTR( I think the answer is obvious[clap])
DSA is direct selling agents which buy cars from authorized showrooms in quantity and pass on the discount that they get from showrooms to customers like us if we buy from them.this is my first impression about them.if anybody knows better than this then their opinions are welcome.

paragthegreat said:
yes dear kindly help me out whether alto 800 lxi cng (top model) at 4.16 OTR or wagon r lxi cng at 4.50 OTR( I think the answer is obvious[clap])
DSA is direct selling agents which buy cars from authorized showrooms in quantity and pass on the discount that they get from showrooms to customers like us if we buy from them.this is my first impression about them.if anybody knows better than this then their opinions are welcome.
So , earlier your budget was under 3 , and now its 4.5 lacks !!

Man, i must tell you that if your running is not much then don't invest more money on your car .

i am planning to buy the new alto 800 which is going to be launched on 16th of october. and i want it in Diwali and for that i need to book it at least around 25th of october. so can you please arrange the preview of the same as soon as it gets launched so that i can book it within 10 days after reading your preview i.e. on 25th of october. if you have any negative views about alto 800 then also let me know because earlier i was thinking of nano lx model.but i heard the speculation tht it will be in the range of 2 to 3 lakhs. so kindly suggest me the car between the same range with cng option if not alto 800 or nano lx and if its not possible to upload the preview in time.again thanks in advance.
Dear Mr. Parag,
Tata Nano Lx is a car full of joy capable of negotiating almost every terrain and road where a SUV and trucks can go and provides excellent comfort and luxury with a minimum investment, and extremely economic running cost.
But it is best of the people who love to roam without considering other's remarks.
As far as a family car is concerned Alto 800 is the better option because it completes the makeover of your home (Parking a acceptable to all type car at the front door), bears Maruti's name and freshness of new model with acceptable economy and moderate cost.
Best wishes for the festive season.

So , earlier your budget was under 3 , and now its 4.5 lacks !!

Man, i must tell you that if your running is not much then don't invest more money on your car .
+1 to that if your km/month is very low, do not invest more. but give a second thought if there is any chance that your monthly average might increase within, say around 1 year or so.
i made the above mistake, my 800 did ~60k in 10 years, so i did not even think about a diesel when i bought WagonR (not that i am not happy about my purchase i am very happy about the riding position). but now i have approx 800km / month.

Thread Starter #59

+1 to that if your km/month is very low, do not invest more. but give a second thought if there is any chance that your monthly average might increase within, say around 1 year or so.
i made the above mistake, my 800 did ~60k in 10 years, so i did not even think about a diesel when i bought WagonR (not that i am not happy about my purchase i am very happy about the riding position). but now i have approx 800km / month.
sorry for the late reply.yes guys actually i am confused but now i am finally thinking of getting myself a waggy cng.my family situation is like tht if i get a car now i wont be getting another at least for next 6 to 7 years. so i think waggy is a good and strong car and reputed trusted and tried also.so i will sacrifice the amount although more than alto 800.actually my dad's budget was 4.50 only but it was my goodness that i was deciding a car between 2 to 3 lacs.and actually i had challenged him that i will get a car between 2 to 3 lakhs.but then eventually he only said to get a waggy instead of so called delicate nano or alto 800 which will be safe and will last longer for at least 6 to 7 year although CNG ([confused]) SO FINALLY DECIDED WAGGY cng.[clap]

SO FINALLY DECIDED WAGGY cng.[clap]
So you have finally made the decision, but please note that the boot space will be on the low side with the spare tyre, i too had thought about this but after i saw the low boot space decided against it.

Top Bottom