New Car Under Rs.3 Lac – Alto 800 or Nano LX? Suggestions Invited.

new car between 2 to 3 lakhs(+/- 30,000)

• Total voters
Dear Parag, New Alto 800 have Win over Tata Nano in many respects because Tata Nano it self have many issues.

Would suggest you to go for New Alto 800 as many other members also suggesting you. It is hard to get all luxury in this price range but no doubt New Alto 800 would be far better choice than Tata Nano.

Just to give you an example: Tata Nano's engine is on such an vulnerable position which is so much prone to accidental damage. Probably a good strong bike like Bullet can damage the engine from backside and there is no protection for it. Heat at back seat is another issue in Tata Nano and there are many other issue.

Please think twice if you really wanna take decision to buy Nano because of some reason.

Last edited:
Re: New Car Under Rs.3 Lac – Alto 800 or Nano LX? Suggestions Invited.

Just to give you an example: Tata Nano's engine is on such an vulnerable position which is so much prone to accidental damage. Probably a good strong bike like Bullet can damage the engine from backside and there is no protection for it. Heat at back seat is another issue in Tata Nano and there are many other issue.
These pictures given below (an accident happened in tunnel in Mumbai - Pune Expressway) may be interesting to you.

A Nano sandwiched between two big cars in an accident at highway speeds.

Compare the damage to Nano and to the Swift.

accident1.jpg

accident6.jpg

Alto may be reliable in terms of its engine and mechanicals but its score is very less in Safety.

Last edited:
have you ever witnessed the heat inside? i'm using it for almost 1.5 years and there is no such issues.

Go for an Alto without any doubt. It cant be compared with a Nano or Eon. Alto has proven itself for its reliability, FE, user friendly nature and so on. Whereas an Eon or Nano, though it may be a new product, what about the reliability and VFM ?

Nano, despite of its good FE, its a twin cylinder one. While starting it reminds a truck. Its not at all suitable for long drives. About EON, its a Hyundai product and its maintanance costs will be definitely high when compared with Maruti.

So go ahead of the Time tested Alto.[:)]

Thread Starter #22

Go for an Alto without any doubt. It cant be compared with a Nano or Eon. Alto has proven itself for its reliability, FE, user friendly nature and so on. Whereas an Eon or Nano, though it may be a new product, what about the reliability and VFM ?

Nano, despite of its good FE, its a twin cylinder one. While starting it reminds a truck. Its not at all suitable for long drives. About EON, its a Hyundai product and its maintenance costs will be definitely high when compared with Maruti.

So go ahead of the Time tested Alto.[:)]
thanks for all your suggestions guys and i have also uploaded the pics of interior and exteriors of the car,i want you all people to look at those pics and give me the review of it at least on paper.

I would suggest the nano or the best, the eon simply because the alto is like a toy car, no safety other than a GI pipe under the dashboard, race the engine and even the rear doors mechanism rattles. That cannot be considered a car, only a toy. Forget long drives unless you are perfectly healthy. Agree the engine is better in some aspects but a car is not only a engine but the whole experience and eon wins over. nano for the price is really good and has much more safety ratings. And since the new alto is also based on the old platform your can only expect some more plastic here and there. But with a nano, you have to deal with a autoriksha noise and the eon has terible idling shakes and gear knob jumps around.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24

I would suggest the nano or the best, the eon simply because the alto is like a toy car, no safety other than a GI pipe under the dashboard, race the engine and even the rear doors mechanism rattles. That cannot be considered a car, only a toy. Forget long drives unless you are perfectly healthy. Agree the engine is better in some aspects but a car is not only a engine but the whole experience and eon wins over. nano for the price is really good and has much more safety ratings. And since the new alto is also based on the old platform your can only expect some more plastic here and there. But with a nano, you have to deal with a autoriksha noise and the eon has terible idling shakes and gear knob jumps around.
did you look at the pics i have uploaded of new alto 800? what do you think about the car and its look?

Parag

I have seen the pics, everything looks perfect but they are not very mind blowing

Yesterday I visited a TATA dealer and seen the New refreshed Nano and Indica eV2, yes they are mind blowing [clap]

Parag

How many Kms will you be traveling every month ? If its more then 700-800 Kms per month buy a cng car .

If not test drive the nano , eon , spark , alto back to back and take a call the new spark is going to be launched in this month .

Dear Parag, New Alto 800 have Win over Tata Nano in many respects because Tata Nano it self have many issues.

Would suggest you to go for New Alto 800 as many other members also suggesting you. It is hard to get all luxury in this price range but no doubt New Alto 800 would be far better choice than Tata Nano.

Please think twice if you really wanna take decision to buy Nano because of some reason.
Do you have any solid proof of your claims or the issues you mentioned are something which you are assuming ? Extremely curious to know .

Thread Starter #28

Parag

I have seen the pics, everything looks perfect but they are not very mind blowing

Yesterday I visited a TATA dealer and seen the New refreshed Nano and Indica eV2, yes they are mind blowing [clap]
yes even i had read the news in some of the news papers about new special edition of nano are you talking about it? and ev2 also looks good but the petrol cost will ruin me[evil][frustration]

and i came to know from a dealer in mumbai that alto 800 top end model 3.75 OTR mumbai
i think maruti forgot that they were the king in an aggressive and correct pricing strategy.
and even if my monthly running is max 500 to 600 but cng will not make my heart pump faster and out of control while in traffic or in city drive.i mean i will have a peace of mind and i dont have to constantly look at the fuel gauge while driving cng(although i need to pay extra initially for the cng version)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30

Parag

Parag

How many Kms will you be traveling every month ? If its more then 700-800 Kms per month buy a cng car .

If not test drive the nano , eon , spark , alto back to back and take a call the new spark is going to be launched in this month .
actually i am not sure about my monthly travelling but it has to be between 500 to 800 kms.

Top Bottom