New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Re: Urgent help required

I am not sure if there is exactly difference in color shade.

Take a picture with a good quality DSLR in daylight and light is direct/parallel to both doors, with nothing colorful and near object which will take reflect of door while taking picture.

If there is a difference please report of TML sales team, and do not accept the delivery if it is not fixed.

Regarding the alignment on door verify it using some flat and straight object, like debit card. If there is issue which is easily visible then do not accept the car.

Report this issue to TML sales team.

The rear door is showing definitely different shade. It seems like rear door is colored locally due to some impact. Haven't you done PDI prior to registration? Because once the vehicle is registered then its too hard to convince dealer.

Lets wait for other advice's from forum members !!
Yes I did thorough PDI along with my wife but that time vehicle was not polished and difference was not visible or might have been overlooked by us.

Hi, Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I think you must escalate this issue to TML regional manager by tweeting or emailing. In any case do not take delivery if you are not satisfied.
Yes I told them that repainting or shade matching is not acceptable for new car. I told them to arrange fresh new car.

couldn't make much from the picture. but if you are not happy about something that you are getting from your hard earned money, refuse it. It's not what you want in the begining of a new ownership.

This sort of misalaigment in doors in seen in older dicors blame it on the door hings that holds the door and the lock panel.

still tata is mainting it's tradition. [frustration]
yes.

Door mis-alignement I can understand but definitely not difference in the shade.

I am not sure if there is exactly difference in color shade.

Take a picture with a good quality DSLR in daylight and light is direct/parallel to both doors, with nothing colorful and near object which will take reflect of door while taking picture.

If there is a difference please report of TML sales team, and do not accept the delivery if it is not fixed.
This photo is taken by canon 1D. On my retina MacBook it is resolving details better than eye. What I observed from photo is not only shade but surface is also not smooth like front door.

I was luckily carrying DSLR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Urgent help required

What is the SA statement on this? Did they agreed on difference? As per VIN what is the manufacturing date ?

It appears car is accidental. Ask the to replace the car.
Same is my doubt.

What is the SA statement on this? Did they agreed on difference? As per VIN what is the manufacturing date ?
They agreed on the difference.

All sort of foolish and hilarious reasons they gave. e.g. While washing due to water, more polishing done, may be wrong polishing component applied etc.

And top of this "Sir use this vehicle after some time it will become OK (automatically?). If not we will solve this problem."

kkn13

Suspended
Finished PDI today and everything looked fine. Was little disappointed that the car had Goodyear tyres. I was hoping for my luck on Michelin/Bridgestone. Will have to bear with it. Also Spare wheel is not alloy wheel and checked that HONDA no longer gives Spare wheel as Alloy. (cost cutting!!!)
Also opted for Front/Rear bumper protectors and Gear Lock as accessories.

Would you recommend changing of tyres from 175mm to 185mm....have read in many forums now that 185mm tyres give better stability to City. The sales agent was of the view that during initial stages better not to change any tyres and continue to use the tyres which comes with original car.
I also have Goodyear 185 upsized from Michelin 175 on my 2010 City
Goodyear is a bit noisier but much stronger

Spare wheel was never alloy afaik even for older models

Upsize from outside but I dont know about warranty issues for the suspension though as its a grey area

I took delivery of my Tucson a while back
62km on the odometer after roughly 20km of driving till my house and they gave me a full tank of diesel
Hyundai service is excellent and the only issue I have right now is the lock/unlock sound

Last edited:
Update:

Sales manager of National Auto Wheel is now tight lipped about rejected car.

He promised to return back money. Or give new car. But the problem is new Cess is being implemented from 9th. So the new car will come with addition of 1 to 1.5 lakhs.

So can I force dealer to give me new car in the same (pre cess) price?

kkn13

Suspended
Update:

Sales manager of National Auto Wheel is now tight lipped about rejected car.

He promised to return back money. Or give new car. But the problem is new Cess is being implemented from 9th. So the new car will come with addition of 1 to 1.5 lakhs.

So can I force dealer to give me new car in the same (pre cess) price?
Yes if he invoices immediately , you wont be affected by the cess
For eg, Im still awaiting registration on my car but it was already invoiced and I recently took delivery so it doesnt sit in dealer yard
My dealer was very helpful and took necessary steps to avoid cess
In fact he is willing to do the same now as well if I want another car now (I enquired about Verna as my 2nd car)

Yes if he invoices immediately , you wont be affected by the cess
For eg, Im still awaiting registration on my car but it was already invoiced and I recently took delivery so it doesnt sit in dealer yard
My dealer was very helpful and took necessary steps to avoid cess
In fact he is willing to do the same now as well if I want another car now (I enquired about Verna as my 2nd car)
You are right. But TATA MOTOR do not have any stock of Safari Storme.

Fools are concentrating only on Hexa. And funny parts is, Hexa production is also less to cater pre cess demand.

I took all pain to avoid cess but because of foolish policies of TATA now I will have to pay more.

Last edited:
Re: Urgent Help Required

There is discrepancy no doubt. What I feel that its front door has been replaced or painted. If I see the pic. front door is little whiter than rest of the car.

kkn13

Suspended
You are right. But TATA MOTOR do not have any stock of Safari Storme.

Fools are concentrating only on Hexa. And funny parts is, Hexa production is also less to cater pre cess demand.

I took all pain to avoid cess but because of foolish policies of TATA now I will have to pay more.
For all you know, you might see quite a few other interesting launches from the competition in the meantime
Storme is an underrated car, they gave up on it after ironing out the major issues that the previous gens had

Update:

I met SA from Concord who recently joined Concord and was working with National Auto Wheels.

He told me that safari storme had accident and was repaired.

National Auto Wheel hid this fact and tried to sold accidental vehicle as new to me.

Be cautious dealing with this dealer.

Update:

I met SA from Concord who recently joined Concord and was working with National Auto Wheels.

He told me that safari storme had accident and was repaired.

National Auto Wheel hid this fact and tried to sold accidental vehicle as new to me.

Be cautious dealing with this dealer.
Keep us posted on the progress of your incident. It may help other prospective buyers.

Top Bottom