New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Thread Starter #76

350Z

Core Team
it was not allowed for a TD from stockyard though i did it within stockyard area.(i know i can not call it as a TD) what to do?
You have full right to test the car for a few kilometers before purchasing it. Just request the salesperson and I’m sure he would be kind enough to arrange one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You have full right to test the car for a few kilometers before purchasing it. Just request the salesperson and I’m sure he would be kind enough to arrange one.

Drive Safe,
350Z
ok i will ask him, but even if he allows i dont think its possible to go to the stockyard again and TD it.i think i should trust MARUTI , as all other things in the car seem to be in good condition.and kindly answer my other doubts also.thanks

Last edited:
Thread Starter #78

350Z

Core Team
1) should i pay the remaining amount now?i have pre-decided the payment terms as 10,000 on booking,400000 after 1st PDI and 49000 after delivery PDI.
Make rest of the payment at the time of receiving the car.

2)is it necessary to go to rto registration along with their driver?
Not necessary. You car will get HSRP number plates I think?

3) should i take the delivery after registration or should take it on Diwali 11 Nov (2-3 days after reg. gets completed)
Get it earlier if the registration is done. Most of the times, dealer isn’t held responsible for damages once the car is sold.

4) and should i take delivery from stockyard or showroom?( because their drivers are pilots and not drivers so they will drive like crazy after coming from rto to showroom)
Is the stockyard near to RTO? I’d suggest taking it from the dealership (where rest of the rituals are also performed).

5) on the day of delivery i should be checking all the documents mentioned in the PDI list but will i get sales certificate also along with other documents and third party warranty cards like battery or tyres or its simply maruti 2 years warranty is all inclusive? because SE told that it will be all inclusive in MARUTI WARRANTY.
Yes. You will get just one all-inclusive warranty that takes care of the entire car. Refer to the ownership manual to find what’s covered and what’s not.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Make rest of the payment at the time of receiving the car.
but then they wont be registering the car on my name if i dont pay at least 4,00,000/

Not necessary. You car will get HSRP number plates I think?
can you just explain what is HSRP? i did not get the meaning of it.

Get it earlier if the registration is done. Most of the times, dealer isn’t held responsible for damages once the car is sold.
OK I WILL TAKE THE DELIVERY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Is the stockyard near to RTO? I’d suggest taking it from the dealership (where rest of the rituals are also performed).
yes it is actually 12 KMS approx.from stockyard. and showroom is approx 50 kms from rto.

Yes. You will get just one all-inclusive warranty that takes care of the entire car. Refer to the ownership manual to find what’s covered and what’s not.
SO ITS CONFIRMED THAT THERE WILL BE ONLY 1 BOOKLET OF MAIN WARRANTY AND NOT MANY SMALL SMALL BOOKLETS OF BATTERY OR TYRES ETC

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #80

350Z

Core Team
but then they wont be registering the car on my name if i dont pay at least 4,00,000/
You can make the major payment now and secure the remaining sum for the time of receiving the car (as already planned).

can you just explain what is HSRP? i did not get the meaning of it.
HSRP stands for High Security Registration Plate. Government has made them mandatory for new cars (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ecurity-vehicle-registration-plates-hsrp.html).

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey dear,thanks a lot for your help,i owe a lot to you..
BTW its fine na that i could not take TD and could not check the speedometer? [frustration]
most maruti cars have a waiting list. 8 kms is pretty decent and also all the plastics on the seats are intact. you should not go wrong with this vehicle. Your vin also showed your vehicle is October made and everything in the pictures seems perfect.

[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #83

350Z

Core Team
hey dear,thanks a lot for your help,i owe a lot to you. BTW its fine na that i could not take TD and could not check the speedometer?
My pleasure. Although it’s good to take a test-drive but don’t be much worried about it if the car overall looked faultless (and acceptable) during that short drive.

Drive Safe,
350Z

and is HSRP compulsory in mumbai/thane region? i dont think so..

most maruti cars have a waiting list. 8 kms is pretty decent and also all the plastics on the seats are intact. you should not go wrong with this vehicle. Your vin also showed your vehicle is October made and everything in the pictures seems perfect.
hey thanks nitin_k ,feeling so good and relaxed that i got a good car.but i did not get the connection between waiting list and 8 kms.[confused]

My pleasure. Although it’s good to take a test-drive but don’t be much worried about it if the car overall looked faultless (and acceptable) during that short drive.

Drive Safe,
350Z
ok that's so nice of you,but actually it was not that kind of TD[:)] where we can check or identify the faults.just a forward 1st gear and the reverse gear about 10 to 15 metres.[embarass]

hey thanks nitin_k ,feeling so good and relaxed that i got a good car.but i did not get the connection between waiting list and 8 kms.[confused]
waiting list means you would not get a 6 month old car for sure
8 kms on odometer shows the car has just done a minimal distance which is highly acceptable.

i can see your excited and ur nervous energy is showing in your posts. lol.

Drive Safe,
350Z
tomorrow (2/11/2012) will be my payment day.so if you have any other suggestions then keep them coming.i will read those in the morning before going for the payment.

waiting list means you would not get a 6 month old car for sure
8 kms on odometer shows the car has just done a minimal distance which is highly acceptable.

i can see your excited and ur nervous energy is showing in your posts. lol.
yes i am nervous a bit because today we had the payment discussion at home.tomorrow is the judgement day for the payment.

I WANT ONE MORE HELP FROM YOU GUYS.when i was surfing on the net,i was checking the vin decoding websites but all websites are saying that my vin is invalid.i know its not safe to show it online but kindly help me in this regard.it says that my check digit is invalid.on eof the replies from one site was like this:
The VIN you entered (MA3EWDE1S00487821) has an invalid check digit. The check digit is a value encoded into the VIN in order to protect against altering VINs illegally. Since the check digit is invalid the VIN that you entered is not the correct VIN for your car.
i had asked wildon also but he has not replied yet.my last 2 letters are KC which means octo 2012 but what about other 17 letters and their meaning?

hi i just completed all formalities of loan for my new Spark LS-LPG

i told showroom that call me when my car comes to their yard
But today when i went showroom they says your car at showroom they showed me car and said accessories fitting going on now so can inspect later

que: if some problem observed after fitment of accessories ;can i ask to replace vehicle?[confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
@sanjugalande

Now you cannot get the car replaced as the accessory fitting is done and also it must be RTO registered by now. but dont worry if the car looks overall in a good shape then things should be fine. All the best for your new car.

Jango

Thread Starter #90

350Z

Core Team
But today when i went showroom they says your car at showroom they showed me car and said accessories fitting going on now so can inspect later
You should have performed a quick check up on the spot. The dealer cannot replace the car once it has been registered. Normally there should not be a major fault with the car but a thorough inspection is still recommended to be on the safer side. Anyways congrats on Spark. Keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom