New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Booked HONDA JAZZ SELECT , how many keys are supplied?

hello friends , i have Booked HONDA JAZZ SELECT Urban titanium and will be getting delivery in march(hopefully) , please tell me how many keys are supplied with the car? and what are the other things i should check while taking the delivery of the car?

Re: Booked HONDA JAZZ SELECT , how many keys are supplied?

Congrats on the booking! Normally 2 keys are supplied. Not sure if it comes with remote locking, if yes, mostly 1 key has remote and the other one is normal.

If Honda has anything different I am not sure.

Thread Starter #49

350Z

Core Team

hello friends , i have Booked HONDA JAZZ SELECT Urban titanium and will be getting delivery in march(hopefully) , please tell me how many keys are supplied with the car? and what are the other things i should check while taking the delivery of the car?
Welcome to The Automotive India. Typically two keys are supplied with a new car (Original and Duplicate). Please refer to the first page of this thread to learn what all has to be taken care of before receiving the delivery (Your thread has been merged.).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to The Automotive India. Typically two keys are supplied with a new car (Original and Duplicate). Please refer to the first page of this thread to learn what all has to be taken care of before receiving the delivery (Your thread has been merged.).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank You 350Z

Hi
I have paid booking amount.
Do we do PDI before giving final cheque ? Or final cheque is given at time of delievery?

Thread Starter #52

350Z

Core Team
Hi
I have paid booking amount.
Do we do PDI before giving final cheque ? Or final cheque is given at time of delievery?
Does not matter. Though I would prefer doing it before giving out full cash. Perform PDI and make sure the VIN matches while taking the delivery.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi,
Congrats. 2 keys are supplied with the jazz. 1 is a normal key with manual locking capability only. The other one is the main key which comes with remote locking/unlocking buttons.

Hi 350Z,
Thanks for the nice compilation. I'm looking forward to have my PDI my Punto Dynamic 1.3 MJD 75hp tomorrow.

Hi
Want to know after PDI , i will give draft to dealer. So will i get car immediately after giving draft same day or after 2-3 days of registration etc ?

Thread Starter #56

350Z

Core Team
Want to know after PDI , i will give draft to dealer. So will i get car immediately after giving draft same day or after 2-3 days of registration etc ?
You should inquire this with the dealer whether there are any other remaining formalities. Usually they are not authorized to dispatch the car without registration unless it is on a temp. registration number.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ok 350 z sir
Actually i am little worried about leaving car after payment with dealer as i feel he may sabotage car as i had fight with him to get car

Sir
no i will do PDI tommorow and then pay amount by draft on friday. I will tell him to give car on friday itself then ..[:)]

@Vaibhav: Please do not panic unnecessarily. Do the PDI thoroughly and get the checklist signed from the dealer. Maruti dealers are too busy nowadays selling Swifts and Dzires to take out the time to do a major sabotage on any car. And in any case, if he opens up the engine/brakes/critical parts, there's very little that you can do to check for the same by a visual inspection. So just relax. Take someone knowledgeable with you when you do PDI and when you take final delivery of your car. If theser is anything amiss, ask the dealer to rectify it then and there. Don't listen to excuses like" Sir we will correct this when you come for the first service".

All the best and keep us updated.

Top Bottom