New Car Buying - Some Basic Questions

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I moved to India and have booked a Vento Automatic which I should take delivery next week.
A few questions for a first time buyer in India:
1) The car odometer shows 32 kms. Is this normal for a new car? What is the accepted tolerance here?
2) On delivery of the car - What documents is required from my side? I can think of the following:
Address Proof, Identity Proof, Photograph- Anything else?
3) On delivery of the car - What documents is required to be given to me by the dealer?
4) How many litres of petrol does the dealer normally give with a new car?

If there is a link, which gives details of Do's and Don'ts of new car buying - please point me to it.

Thanks,

1) The car odometer shows 32 kms. Is this normal for a new car? What is the accepted tolerance here?
Tolerane is up to 50kms becuase the yard will be somewhere out of city & they have to drive it for registration & back to showroom for delivery. And FYI, they also disconnect speedo wires for keeping the readings lesser than 50kms.

2) On delivery of the car - What documents is required from my side? I can think of the following:
Address Proof, Identity Proof, Photograph- Anything else?
3) On delivery of the car - What documents is required to be given to me by the dealer?
As Akash mentioned check the list

You can demand for Full tank of petrol. If you are lucky enough you will get it. Usually it will be 7-10ltrs of petrol/diesel.

Happy Motoring!!

You can demand for Full tank of petrol. If you are lucky enough you will get it. Usually it will be 7-10ltrs of petrol/diesel.

Happy Motoring!!
Zinam,

I have seen few Skoda delears giving full tank fuel but neven heard we can bargain for it and even get.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I moved to India and have booked a Vento Automatic which I should take delivery next week.
A few questions for a first time buyer in India:

Thanks,
1) The car odometer shows 32 kms. Is this normal for a new car? What is the accepted tolerance here? - 32 Km is fine. Mine was 42km. If it is more than 50 ask about it.
Address Proof, Identity Proof, Photograph- Anything else? - On Delivery I don't think you need to provide any such document. You need to keep recipts and other documents given by dealer.

3) On delivery of the car - What documents is required to be given to me by the dealer? - see list http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...ction-pdi.html

- I got 10 liters. It changes dealer by dealer and no rule for that.

If there is a link, which gives details of Do's and Don'ts of new car buying - please point me to it.

- link already provided by mastersquall http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...ction-pdi.html

Congrats for your Vento. Wish happy miles ahead.

Since it is PETROL, you can demand a full tank + additional fuel coupons for atleast a month. [evil] just kidding.

It depends on the dealer and yes, it always depend on how we negotiate with them.

Top Bottom