New BMW 3 Series Now Officially Debuts in India

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Note: Continuing the discussion from this thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5-next-gen-bmw-3-series-f30-now-revealed.html) in context to the Indian Model.

BMW is releasing teasers on the upcoming 3 Series (F30) which is scheduled to arrive in India on 27 July 2012. However, the prices are expected to be officially announced only by 3 August 2012. BMW is also running creative marketing campaigns in a few of the major cities by deploying on roads New 3 Series masked with QR Codes that redirect to its official website. According to sources, BMW would release F30 with an option of three engine variants namely, 320d (Diesel), 328i and 320i (Petrol). Though the pricing could be aggressive but it’s unlikely that the company will offer a ‘Corporate’ variant this time.

New-BMW-F30-3-Series-Launch-India.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_08.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_3e.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_63.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_75.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_84.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_a8.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_a9.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: New BMW 3 Series Officially Debuts on 27th July 2012

Has a lot of BMW 5 series design cues. But some how i find the rear bumper design a bit odd looking form side as well as from the rear. Is it only me or any one else noticed it ?
But over all the car looks very promising. Hope BMW prices it aptly.

BMW surely has another blockbuster product in their hand's,hope they price it well, C-Class will feel the heat

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team

Here’s the link to the teaser website of upcoming 3 Series: THE ULTIMAT3

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: New BMW 3 Series Officially Debuts on 27 July 2012

guys any info on price?? why bmw is not launching corporate model now?? thats reason why these guys are getting behind audi [frustration]

guys any info on price?? why bmw is not launching corporate model now?? thats reason why these guys are getting behind audi
But that was the also reason why they managed to over-take Merc by small margin !! Awaiting this launch though.
BTW, I liked the interior color, one of my personal favs.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team

BMW is offering generous discounts on the outgoing 3 Series. Those who don’t care about looks and features of new one, it is worth it. An excerpt from Autocar India.
Autocar said:
According to our sources, the diesel-powered 320d’s base Corporate Edition can be bought for a discount of as high as Rs 6 lakh, while the high-end Dynamic variant is available at a discount of Rs 3-5 lakh. Also, the petrol-powered 330i, which comes with a 3.0-litre straight-six, can be bought at a discount of Rs 6-7 lakh. However, there are not too many examples of it left.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Bavaria Motors, Goa

Just got a call from Bavaria Motors yesterday. They were giving a sneak preview of the New 3 for select customers between 7 PM and 10 PM. The car is being launched in August so it's not being displayed during normal hours. I rushed over to the dealership. The car just blew me away. It's just so much better than the outgoing model. The slight inclination I had towards Audi because of its amazing looks just vanished. The new 3 just addresses all the shortcomings of the outgoing model. Looks are now stunning and not understated. Rear legroom was better. The model on display was the 328i Sports. This was a fully loaded version. The Diesel 320D will be available in Sports and Luxury. 17" wheels are now standard and so are electric seats with leather. There's going to be no Corporate Edition. The prices have not been announced but will probably be between 32-37 Lakh. They gave us a small bag of goodies when we left.

Attachments

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Re: Bavaria Motors, Goa

The car is being launched in August so it's not being displayed during normal hours. I rushed over to the dealership. The car just blew me away. It's just so much better than the outgoing model. The slight inclination I had towards Audi because of its amazing looks just vanished..
Thanks for the update, Peter. Is that a keyring? I suppose they didn’t allow snapping some photographs at the dealership? Just watched a quick review of New 3 Series on Autocar Show. According to them, this driver oriented car now offers an equal focus on the passenger comfort too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Is that a keyring?
Yes it is. It is an exact replica of the actual key fob. The key fob in the new 3 does not need to be inserted into the dash. You just need to keep it in your pocket.

I suppose they didn’t allow snapping some photographs at the dealership?
Actually I didn't ask but assumed it was so, since they were not showing it to everyone. The did click a snap of my wife and me checking out the car though. Anyway the snaps of the car are already on this thread and the car looks exactly like the red one (sports trim). The car shown to us was white with red/black interiors.

Just watched a quick review of New 3 Series on Autocar Show. According to them, this driver oriented car now offers an equal focus on the passenger comfort too.
Missed it due to a family function. Hope to see the morning show.

Actually last week i went with my friend who took TD of BMW 2012 328i. I didn't drive it though but yes there is a lot of difference in 2011 & 2012 model. The leg room seems to be increased.

Also the top end comes with "Surround View Camera" option.

Here is a small comparison between both the models.

Attachments

Last edited:

Yes it is. It is an exact replica of the actual key fob. The key fob in the new 3 does not need to be inserted into the dash. You just need to keep it in your pocket.

Actually I didn't ask but assumed it was so, since they were not showing it to everyone. The did click a snap of my wife and me checking out the car though. Anyway the snaps of the car are already on this thread and the car looks exactly like the red one (sports trim). The car shown to us was white with red/black interiors.
This must be the Sports Kit 3 series. I personally liked the 320d more, more practical & has beige interiors. Somehow I always hate all black interiors. I expected the Chevy Cruze 2012 to have non-black interiors, but in vain.[anger]

The info which I got is the new 3 series has laid more importance of passenger comfort than just driving pleasure. If you see, the dimensions have increased, FE has increased but the fun to drive component may exactly be not the same as outgoing one.

SCOOP! Sachin to be BMW brand ambassador

Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar is tipped to sign on as BMW India’s first-ever brand ambassador. The deal is likely to go through this week preceding the launch of the new F30 3-series on July 27, 2012

An avid car enthusiast, Sachin has, over the years, owned a number of high-end cars of which his Ferrari 360 Modena, which features in the Bollywood, Ferrari Ki Sawari is the most well-known. BMWs have also been a part of his extensive garage. He has owned a previous-generation (E60) M5 as well as an X5 for regular use whilst wife Anjali currently uses an E90 3-series. Sachin is seen as a perfect fit for the German luxury car brand and according to the company the Master Blaster’s association with BMW could even extend to global markets where there is a strong (and wealthy) Indian diaspora.

According to company sources, Sachin is likely to hand over the keys to the first 100 customers of the new 3-series as a symbolic gesture to commemorate his monumental achievement of hitting a hundred centuries.

SCOOP! Sachin to be BMW brand ambassador | News | Autocar India

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team

The suspense is over folks. BMW has launched the much awaited New 3 Series. All India Ex. Showroom price is as follows:

> BMW 320d: Rs.28.90 Lakh

> BMW 320d Sport Line: Rs.31.50 Lakh

> BMW 320d Luxury Line: Rs.31.50 Lakh

> BMW 320d Luxury Plus: Rs.36.90 Lakh

> BMW 328i Sport Line: Rs.37.90 Lakh

Dont't fortget to catch the online webcast of the official launch here: BMW India

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom