New Bike Wanted.

Thread Starter #16
Thanx for all the feedback guys.
the only bikes i see is apache RTR 180 and pulsar 220.
As said, the 220 is a tourer rather than a scorcher. Suspension is biased towards ride, not handling. Heart says RTR 180 [ please dont laugh].
But want to see the new 220. A Td Will help me perhaps. Anymore ideas?

a big NO for the fz. my friend had a p200. he sold it and brought a fz. but now he cries in front of me everyday( and also scolds me as i was the one who told him to buy a fz[lol!]). that fz thing is the best handler no doubt. but the engine is as good as a dead body(atleast when compared to p200) i too thought that the fz was a bad choice.

But want to see the new 220. A Td Will help me perhaps. Anymore ideas?
Good that you have come down to 2 bikes finally!! As you said TD both of them and go for one which you like!!! Both of them are good!!

Thread Starter #20
Good that you have come down to 2 bikes finally!! As you said TD both of them and go for one which you like!!! Both of them are good!!
I dont have anymore options dude. Fz/Fazer a big No. Not worth it. Pulsar 200 stopped production. 220 i'll try. RTR180 i hv ridden inside out. I wish i had more options here.[anger]

Hell man ! How did i miss this one.

GUys please help me out. I need a new bike. Range 75-80. Good handling a must. Should have a screamer of a engine. I hate laid back bikes. Aceelaration more important than outright top end. Please suggest.
the above quote has only one answer "The PULSAR 220 DTSI."

+ Points

Fastest acceleration & top end
Total Value for money
Low service costs
Being a carb one you have ton's of tuning options later on.

Its bajaj after all the engine & gearbox tend to become rough after a year or so.No matter how well you maintain it.Bajaj's are not that refined.

The fairing vibrates like anything if the bike isn't kept well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About FZ - It looks class,its yamaha but its "SLOW".

About rtr 180 - Great bike but i personally don't like the low height moreover its not as fast as the 220 DTSI (you quote says you need a screamer).

[cheers]

@neil, AFAIK Bajaj is the most expensive to maintain. I've Unicorn and FZ. My close friends have got Unicorn, Hunk and P180. While comparing price of parts, its Bajaj that is higher than the rest. Its engine oil pricing alone makes a big difference in cost. In addition to that, quality niggles like rusting, premature failure of electicals, will just add more cost for maintenance.

Thread Starter #23
@neil, AFAIK Bajaj is the most expensive to maintain. I've Unicorn and FZ. My close friends have got Unicorn, Hunk and P180. While comparing price of parts, its Bajaj that is higher than the rest. Its engine oil pricing alone makes a big difference in cost. In addition to that, quality niggles like rusting, premature failure of electicals, will just add more cost for maintenance.
[agree]
I've seen how bajaj bikes, specially the pulsar series hangs over time. Not a good thing i'll say. However well u maintain it, it always has niggles. A big detterent for us college goers. And the thing i hate most is squeky bikes and dont want any of it. How does a p220 handle in city traffic? Is it manageble, being a long wheelbase?? My main commute is city, with occasional trips on the weekends with my Better half. How is the pillion seat for that matter?

[agree]
I've seen how bajaj bikes, specially the pulsar series hangs over time. Not a good thing i'll say. However well u maintain it, it always has niggles. A big detterent for us college goers. And the thing i hate most is squeky bikes and dont want any of it. How does a p220 handle in city traffic? Is it manageble, being a long wheelbase?? My main commute is city, with occasional trips on the weekends with my Better half. How is the pillion seat for that matter?
Handles like dream in the traffic.The 2 piece handle bar is so fun to turn left and right in the traffic,better than my karizma - R.Even the pillion seat is pretty comfortable.

Thread Starter #25
Handles like dream in the traffic.The 2 piece handle bar is so fun to turn left and right in the traffic,better than my karizma - R.Even the pillion seat is pretty comfortable.
The RTR is a hooligan in Traffic. can the p220 match it in this respect? Pillion should not be a problem, as she is fine on apache, which has the worst pillion seat in india. If the p220 is such gud in city traffic,and the occasional tourer, i should give it go maybe.

If it is for pure city purpose, you can have a TD of FZ. Its strong low and mid range will aid you well in traffic.

I doubt P220 can be as nimble as an Apache with its long wheel base, suited for long rides.

Hi.. racerdabba ..may be I will sound stupid here [:)]

I would suggest RE Bullet 350 CC standard or RE Bullet 5 Speed. If I were in your position I wouldn't have looked at any other bike, especially when I have to take my wife along with me during the week ends.

Don't think that its difficult to drive in city. Its just like any other bike and it will take just 1 week to get used to it. If you have electric start model, then its the perfect bike! Just do a test drive and you will realize what I mean [;)]

AFAIK Bajaj is the most expensive to maintain. I've Unicorn and FZ. My close friends have got Unicorn, Hunk and P180. While comparing price of parts, its Bajaj that is higher than the rest. Its engine oil pricing alone makes a big difference in cost. In addition to that, quality niggles like rusting, premature failure of electicals, will just add more cost for maintenance.
Am having a pulsar 150 with digital speedo and i face all these as mentioned above!! So i suggest you take a look at other bikes also!!

The RTR is a hooligan in Traffic. can the p220 match it in this respect? Pillion should not be a problem, as she is fine on apache, which has the worst pillion seat in india. If the p220 is such gud in city traffic,and the occasional tourer, i should give it go maybe.
I have ridden the Apache 160 fi & the pulsar 220 feels much better.Why dont you ride the 220 & check & let us know too[:)]

Hi.. racerdabba ..may be I will sound stupid here

I would suggest RE Bullet 350 CC standard or RE Bullet 5 Speed. If I were in your position I wouldn't have looked at any other bike, especially when I have to take my wife along with me during the week ends.

Don't think that its difficult to drive in city. Its just like any other bike and it will take just 1 week to get used to it. If you have electric start model, then its the perfect bike! Just do a test drive and you will realize what I mean
+ 1.

Hi.. racerdabba ..may be I will sound stupid here

Don't think that its difficult to drive in city. Its just like any other bike and it will take just 1 week to get used to it. If you have electric start model, then its the perfect bike! Just do a test drive and you will realize what I mean

absolutely, you can think of trying a go with bullet as well, many options to choose from.

Top Bottom