New Battery EXIDE DIN 65 for our DZire VDi!

I think these are not the sealed ones! The yellow coloured flap can be removed out and there you have slots to fill water. Instead if six caps, they have given one single flap.
I have this similar kind of so called 'sealed ones' in my bike also. Earlier I also thought that these does not needs water filling and all; but at the service centre the truth was out.

well is been 4 years of our wagonr battery and it is just performing well, no water ever added while servicing and SVC guys say it is sealed one.

though battery of our honda city is just like the battery of ur car's stock battery see ur post #11 and when i asked about this battery to honda people they said this is also maintenance free but it is not sealed one.

Are maintenance free batteries costlier than normal ones? If yes , by how much?

So guys conclude soon. If its sealed is it maintenance free?

Thread Starter #18
Are maintenance free batteries costlier than normal ones? If yes , by how much?

So guys conclude soon. If its sealed is it maintenance free?
Obviously yes! Maintenence free battries are costlier than normal ones. But dont know how much. If anyone has got new battries recently an share the info and then we can compare with my prices.

Secondly; i personally feel that sealed ones are not maintenence free; though I may be wrong here!
-----------Next Post-----------
@gears1313,when i got my car back after modifying,the battery was given for charging,and the mechanic there said that 4 out of 6 cells are active,and 2 cells have become inactive.
He also said that if the battery is charged,he doesn't give any guarantee for the car to run on the active 4 cells.
After discussing it with my mechanic,he said that the better option would be to change to a new battery.My odometer clocks 52 k in about 40 months of usage,and till date,i have not got any problem.
The new battery that i got was "SF SONIC",it cost me Rs 4,995.00 + replacement warranty for 2 years.The other reason for choosing this brand is that the battery shop owner has dealings with the place,where i modified my car,so that,if any problem occurs,it can be solved without big issues.
@surender are those maintenance free ones or the typical traditional type like my OEM battery?[confused]

Last edited:
Okay Gears i got a new one for my Safari , its a normal battery and costed us Rs.5k , TATA green batteries. Replaced it in TASS and went for the cheapest battery since we are going to sell the car soon!

Thread Starter #20
Okay Gears i got a new one for my Safari , its a normal battery and costed us Rs.5k , TATA green batteries. Replaced it in TASS and went for the cheapest battery since we are going to sell the car soon!
There you go; I spent around 7.8k for this maintenence free one. You can see the difference. But I think that Safari's battery and DZire's battery are different. [roll]

I too had to get my dzire OEM battery (Exide) replaced mine dzire is about 24 months old and have done 67k on it. learned that the car OEM battery warrenty is only for 1 year and these days exide are giving low quality battery with dzire. i had the same two yellow light glowing as pointed out by gear1313.

got it replaced with exide din65(lh) with 2.5 yr replacement warrenty + 2.5 pro rata warrenty.

cost Rs 7100 - Rs 900 (old battery) = Rs 6200/-
for exide battery showroom in delhi with proper vat paid bill

another option was din74 from amron was costing rs 600 more.

Thread Starter #23
I too had to get my dzire OEM battery (Exide) replaced mine dzire is about 24 months old and have done 67k on it. learned that the car OEM battery warrenty is only for 1 year and these days exide are giving low quality battery with dzire. i had the same two yellow light glowing as pointed out by gear1313.

got it replaced with exide din65(lh) with 2.5 yr replacement warrenty + 2.5 pro rata warrenty.

cost Rs 7100 - Rs 900 (old battery) = Rs 6200/-
for exide battery showroom in delhi with proper vat paid bill

another option was din74 from amron was costing rs 600 more.
Oh; thats good! Also I think you got a very excellent deal.[clap]
Most people face the same problem as we faced. Also the battery walla told the same thing. I think diesel car's battery blow out soon as compared to petrol ones; hmm especially DZire's![roll]

Last edited:
My dzires OEM battery went kaput just 2 days before it's expiry date ,i got a new battery from a.s.s without spending a single rupee.[:D]

Exide Matrix is damm wonderful battery. I have been having it in my ikon for past 2 years now and no problem so far. Didnt even top up with water in all these 2 years. I guess it will run for another 2 to 3 years without any issues.

@ Bharath If yours is a normal battery then i advice you to top up the distilled water soon , else the battery will conk off soon.

My dzire broke down due to this issue. Just realised this trouble after reading your post, thanks. I have been ignoring the warning lights past few weeks, now my car has totally stopped. Thanks for your recommendation on the new battery aswell.

Thread Starter #30
My dzire broke down due to this issue. Just realised this trouble after reading your post, thanks. I have been ignoring the warning lights past few weeks, now my car has totally stopped. Thanks for your recommendation on the new battery aswell.
How old is your car??
BTW its good that you noticed on time...

Top Bottom