New Battery EXIDE DIN 65 for our DZire VDi!

My DZire also has developed the same problem. The instrumental panel lights for SVS and Water in Diesel remain on while driving the car, sometimes. The car will not start for several crankings.

The lights will vanish some times and the car will start as if nothing has gone wrong.
The car is 18 months old and has done 42000 kms.

If the discussion above is taken as correct, then I would also say that the original batteries provided with new cars do not last long!!! They probably get the cheapest batteries to keep the costs down:(

Thread Starter #32
My DZire also has developed the same problem. The instrumental panel lights for SVS and Water in Diesel remain on while driving the car, sometimes. The car will not start for several crankings.

The lights will vanish some times and the car will start as if nothing has gone wrong.
The car is 18 months old and has done 42000 kms.

If the discussion above is taken as correct, then I would also say that the original batteries provided with new cars do not last long!!! They probably get the cheapest batteries to keep the costs down:(
First of all welcome to TAI sapper_wild!
Yes its time to get net new battery for your ride. Since it is 18months old; I dont think you will get any replacement or so. But I would suggest you to atleast try to get it replaced if you can (LUCK BY CHANCE). If not then battery replacement is the only solution.[cry]

I have the same problem with Dzire VDi battery. The battery has started giving problems afetr 27 months of operation. Same two lights appear on the indication panel. Any ideas about reasonable replacement options.

Hello sjain101 welcome to TAI. Exide and Amaron are good replacement options. If you have the budget , go for maintenance free ones , guarantee's complete peace of mind.

Okay but now the question is why did your car's battery conk off in just 2 years? A normal battery life is atleast 4-5 years.

And yes maintenance-free are the best now! Good choice , congrats!
My friend and I bought a Suzuki Swift diesel in 2008, while I bought it in August he bought it in July. Both our batteries failed between November 14th and November 21st. Both Batteries were from exide and from the same batch. Three other people in our office also had the same issue with their Swift vehicles. Exide is clearly providing substandard batteries on their ex-showroom models.

Thanks 350z! Well these were the two lights I was talking about!
View attachment 12908
The left one said that the car needs to be serviced; the right one said that there may be water in the fuel filter and take it to the maruti dealer! Now I dont know that these two lights have any connection with this battery issue. However; the service advisor any may dad's friend (the battery shop owner) said this only that you will have to change the battery; without even looking at the lights.[surprise]

Hey Surender; thats good! Even Sonic is a good brand.
While we went for a battery change; we told them to show us the best battery for DZire; so that guy suggested us this one.
I have seen the same two icons on at least three Swift Diesell cars and it leads to a battery failure in a couple of weeks

Seems battery of my ride is showing slow signs of death, cabin lights have faded, wipers move slow (ignition off), window glass move down slowly, takes longer time to crank up. My ride would be turning 3 coming March. Now I am bit confused which brand to buy Exide or Amaron? Current one shipped is Exide maintenance free battery. In initial days my HU didn't use to stop on crank up, now it stops and restarts.

BATTERY ISSUE dzire VDI - suggestions needed

My dzire vdi started showing SVS and WATER IN FUEL FILTER warning signs in the instrument panel since yesterday. About a week back when my car was valet parked the driver informed me that the vehicle was not able to start and they initiated a push start. But I didn’t believe as it was functioning properly till that time. I didn’t have any issues for 2.5 yrs since my purchase. So i didn’t suspect my vehicle.

Yesterday after 3 attempt start, the vehicle displayed these warning signs. However i drove it for around 6KM and no issues except the warning signs. After a couple of hours when i started the vehicle those warning signs have gone. Even today these signs didnt show up.

So called the exide bat mobile guys and on inspection they told that the HRD rate is 8.6 which should not be below 9.

I have attached the report given by them. They say that I should get the battery replaced as the battery started giving up.. He told that some dyanamic xxx( sorry cant remember) has some issues.

He told that if the engine is started, the voltage of the battery output goes down to a max low range of 9.6v and reaches a max of 14.6v. While driving, using ACs or headlights can cause fluctuations in the battery output which is normal. I have absolutely no idea about all these buddies… So please suggest me if its mandatory to replace the battery..

If so , I heard exide batteries have lost their quality and several users suggest to go for AMRON instead.

Awaiting your valuable advice..

Thanx in advance….

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to TAI, Anfjavid. Your thread has been merged with another similar thread. Please refer to the opening post and it might be of some help.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #41
Re: BATTERY ISSUE dzire VDI - suggestions needed

My dzire vdi started showing SVS and WATER IN FUEL FILTER warning signs in the instrument panel since yesterday. About a week back when my car was valet parked the driver informed me that the vehicle was not able to start and they initiated a push start. But I didn’t believe as it was functioning properly till that time. I didn’t have any issues for 2.5 yrs since my purchase. So i didn’t suspect my vehicle.
Hey buddy welcome to TAI!!!

Well its not that Exide batteries have lost their quality. OE batteries are generally not that good as the other costly dry batteries are. Companies always go for these kind of cost cutting techniques. Another example is giving slim 165/80/14 tyres on a car like Swift and DZire; where I think minimum tyre size should be of atleast 185section[:D]

Last edited:

Top Bottom