New Audi A4 Launched at a Competitive Price Tag

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Audi A4 Finally Coming Soon

Audi has launched New A4 in India at a competitive price tag of Rs.27.33 Lakh (Ex-showroom, Mumbai). The company is also planning to expand their dealer network from 18 to 25 by the end of 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team

Here are some official launch photographs of New A4:

New Audi A4 2012 Launch_1.jpg

New Audi A4 2012 Launch_2.jpg

New Audi A4 2012 Launch_3.jpg

New Audi A4 2012 Launch_4.jpg

New Audi A4 2012 Launch_5.jpg

New Audi A4 2012 Launch_6.jpg

New Audi A4 2012 Launch_7.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Am super excited about this car!! I am considering to buy A4. I was also looking at A4 used car market. Do we have any Audio owners here? I had couple of questions regarding the maintenance etc?

Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team

Am super excited about this car!! I am considering to buy A4. I was also looking at A4 used car market. Do we have any Audio owners here? I had couple of questions regarding the maintenance etc?
New Audi A4 is indeed worth considering. Audi is now also offering “Car Life” Package with A4 which includes finance, extended warranty, insurance, and service plan.

Drive Safe,
350Z

New Audi A4 is indeed worth considering. Audi is now also offering “Car Life” Package with A4 which includes finance, extended warranty, insurance, and service plan.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hey 350Z will this be available to the Audi Q3 also???I guess this is similar to the maintenance packages offered on the 5 series.

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team

Hey 350Z will this be available to the Audi Q3 also???I guess this is similar to the maintenance packages offered on the 5 series.
Yes. Soon it will be available with other Audi models too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

A friend of mine owns one, the current A4 diesel.
As far as maintenance is concerned, it is nothing major compared to the segment. The engine is used even in VW, so spares are easy to get. The ride quality was better in A4 compared to BMW 3 series but Mercedes C Class is the clear winner. C class is good if you want premium feel & luxury, comfort; BMW 3 series is drivers car & less focussed on passengers, the tyre noise comes in cabin. Audi A4 sits between the C Class & 3 series.

However, it is now seen that lot of Audi components are making way in VW cars too. Eg. Toureg has elements taken out from Q5 or Passat has materials from A4. Go for Audi for brand, for value look for VW.

My friend in gym bought the 2012 C 250 CDI last month. He is getting 13 km/l. Maintenance is also quite low compared to the segment. This is one real rock dependable car in this segment. I would also suggest you to look at new BMW 3 series.

## The new Audi has lot of elements taken from existing Audi A4. The steering wheel though has changed now, with headlights. Price for diesel is some Rs.28.38 L, 2.0 TDI; Rs.38 L for 3.0l Quattro, the petrol TFSI is cheapest of the lot for around Rs.27.3 L, ex-Mumbai.

Re: New Audi A4 Launched at a Competitive Price

Thanks S Class & 350Z. Why is Quattro so expensive almost 10 lacs more for quattro?

A friend of mine owns one, the current A4 diesel.
As far as maintenance is concerned, it is nothing major compared to the segment. The engine is used even in VW, so spares are easy to get. The ride quality was better in A4 compared to BMW 3 series but Mercedes C Class is the clear winner. C class is good if you want premium feel & luxury, comfort; BMW 3 series is drivers car & less focussed on passengers, the tyre noise comes in cabin. Audi A4 sits between the C Class & 3 series.

However, it is now seen that lot of Audi components are making way in VW cars too. Eg. Toureg has elements taken out from Q5 or Passat has materials from A4. Go for Audi for brand, for value look for VW.

My friend in gym bought the 2012 C 250 CDI last month. He is getting 13 km/l. Maintenance is also quite low compared to the segment. This is one real rock dependable car in this segment. I would also suggest you to look at new BMW 3 series.

## The new Audi has lot of elements taken from existing Audi A4. The steering wheel though has changed now, with headlights. Price for diesel is some Rs.28.38 L, 2.0 TDI; Rs.38 L for 3.0l Quattro, the petrol TFSI is cheapest of the lot for around Rs.27.3 L, ex-Mumbai.
I did a TD of all 3 cars and the BMW impressed me the most. The Merc C250 is almost as good as the BMW but this engine is only available in the higher trims. Of course the BSI package was the factor that went in favour of the BMW. Now Audi has matched that. I was waiting for the F30 3 series. Lets see if the A4 now makes better sense.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Now I will have to do another round of TD's

Thanks S Class & 350Z. Why is Quattro so expensive almost 10 lacs more for quattro?
Reasons :-

• Quattro is 3.0L, while other one is 2.0L;
  • It has permanent all wheel drive, while other is front wheel drive;
  • Power is 180 kw as against 105 kw (around 143 bhp) for 2.0;
  • Produces 500 Nm torque compared to 320 Nm for 2.0;
  • Is a V6, while 2.0 is 4 cylinder;
  • Comes with 7 Speed S Tronic transmission, 2.0L comes with simple multitronic transmission.
The only disadv in 3.0 Quattro is the FE which is less by atleast 2 km/l. However, this car is good only for areas where there is snow, for conditions like ours, we don't require Quattro 24x7. It is better to spend some more lakhs & buy A6.

I did a TD of all 3 cars and the BMW impressed me the most. The Merc C250 is almost as good as the BMW but this engine is only available in the higher trims. Of course the BSI package was the factor that went in favour of the BMW. Now Audi has matched that. I was waiting for the F30 3 series. Lets see if the A4 now makes better sense.
Buddy, I did say that BMW is drivers car, but C 250 CDI is very good, as you pointed out. But whenever car purchase comes to my mind, I think more about the passengers rather than just driving dynamics. It is here where even the C class will score. The NVH levels are best in Merc, the fit & finish is better, infact the dash of A4 is better than 3 Series. Anyways, I am the person who prefers beige & wood, which is excelled by Merc.

BTW, the BMW 5 Series is the most non-VFM car is the segment.
If BMW, only 3 series is worth, if Audi only A4 is worth & if it Merc, anything from C class to S class is worth (including non-Avantgarde models which are top end models).[:)]

Now I will have to do another round of TD's
Very much awaiting for the TD report.
And if possible, please get the details about their maintenance offers.

In the meantime, one review here :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwhBLXg9UgM&feature=related

Last edited:

People who go for the 3.0 A4 diesel were the power hungry types,it is among the fastest cars in India under the 1 crore mark,its lighter than its other engine counter parts such as Q5,Q7,A6,A7 & A8 all which utilize the same engine although with diff gear ratios.
The only disadv in 3.0 Quattro is the FE which is less by atleast 2 km/l. However, this car is good only for areas where there is snow, for conditions like ours, we don't require Quattro 24x7. It is better to spend some more lakhs & buy A6.
And i dont think Quattro should be justified only based on snow,it does help in slippery conditions especially when your car has alot of torque going through the drive train in which case front wheel drive is not preferred,so in case of the Audi that would be Quattro or all wheel drive(AWD) as they dont make Rwd like the BMW's ,i use to drive the Audi Q5 3.0 alot & one thing i absolutely hated was the dead steering wheel,that is why people like the BMW,but i dont know why Audi is not doing anything about this.

And i dont think Quattro should be justified only based on snow,it does help in slippery conditions especially when your car has alot of torque going through the drive train in which case front wheel drive is not preferred,so in case of the Audi that would be Quattro or all wheel drive(AWD) as they dont make Rwd like the BMW's ,i use to drive the Audi Q5 3.0 alot & one thing i absolutely hated was the dead steering wheel,that is why people like the BMW,but i dont know why Audi is not doing anything about this.
Yes, even I fail to understand why Audi doesn't make RWD ? [confused]
But still, I don't find spending such a premium for Quottro is worth the price, not even so called SUVs are AWD or 4x4.

@ P3T3R,

Awaiting your TD report so that it will help to know if 2.0 non-Quattro is better than its counter-parts.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Team,

Thread is alive after 2.5 years!

Audi has launched a Sports Variant of it's premium sedan A4 at INR 38 Lakhs to take on the upcoming Benz C Class.

New Audi A4 Premium Sport edition gets enhanced front bumper and prominent chin job to make it stand out from the standard A4 variant. It also comes equipped with a brand new 20-spoke alloy wheels measuring 17-inches. It is positioned as a mid-variant, slotted above A4 Premium version and below the A4 Technology Pack model.
Link

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom