New Audi A3 Now Launched at Killer Pricing! (Details: Pg.2)

Re: Audi Contemplating New A3 - Possible Indian Launch?

Audi A3 spotted in Mumbai again, launch could happen earlier than expected.
audi-a3_625x300_81401274337.jpg
Audi had showcased the 1.8-litre TFSI petrol variant at the Auto Expo and the 2.0-litre will be the diesel option that will be made available. The car will be manufactured at the company's Aurangabad plant.
Audi A3 Spotted in Mumbai. To Launch Sooner than Expected - News

Re: Audi Contemplating New A3 - Possible Indian Launch?

Audi A3 reviewed by Autocar . Brilliant with the 1.8 TFSI 2.0 L Diesel engine. speculated price tag of 28 lakhs.
Bqz_PCdCYAAQVf1.jpg

Re: New Audi A3: Launching on August 8, 2014

Audi A3 sedan India launch on Aug 7th.

BsQXcctCcAI0-uV.jpg

Build quality of A3 top class. Feels as good as bigger Audis! Smooth udaipur-mt Abu highway. diesel feels so refined. cruises effortlessly tweets Hormazd (ACI)

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

First A3 has rolled out of the Skoda's plant in Aurangabad.

Audi-A3-Plant.jpg

Audi-A3.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Audi starts its booking campaign for the World car of the Year 2014- Audi A3
Audi A3 launch on 7 August 2014.
Priority booking start 1 Aug till 7 Aug 2014.
Priority booking amount: 3.5 Lakh

Audi A3 launched with two engine options. 180bhp turbo petrol and 143 bhp diesel. There will be as many as four variants.
The Audi A3 is country's first compact luxury sedan. And with such an attractive pricing, it's also the most affordable luxury car one can buy today in India.

New Audi A3 sedan gets a 177.5bhp 1.8-litre turbo-petrol motor and a 141bhp 2.0-litre diesel engine.

The all new Audi A3 is priced at Rs. 22.95 lakh (ex- Del)
There is only one petrol variant, priced at Rs. 28.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Prices top off just over ₹30 lakh for all bells and whistles.
Highlights,
The A3 has intelligent hybrid construction, aluminium hood, occupant cell consists primarily of high-end steel.
Kerb weight of Audi A3 sedan 40 TFSI just 1270 kgs.
The car features Bi-xenon headlampw with LED daytime running lights and S-Spoke 16 and 17 inches alloys.
Naming Nomenclature
Audi has also introduced a new nomenclature for the India-spec cars with the A3 sedan. Now, instead of 2.0TDI, the diesel car's badging reads Audi A3 35TDI. This is an indicator of the car's performance factor or in other words, the bigger the number, the quicker the car is to 100kph. So, the more powerful petrol variant is badged Aud A3 40TFSI instead of the typical 1.8TFSI.

Source:Launch

Last edited:

Audi launches A3 with safety features as standard across all variants. This includes all airbags.[clap]

New Audi A3 sedan prices (ex-showroom Delhi)
Diesel
Audi A3 35TDI Attraction: Rs 22.95 lakh
Audi A3 35TDI Premium: Rs 25.95 lakh
Audi A3 35TDI Premium Plus: Rs 29.95 lakh
Audi A3 35TDI Technology: Rs 32.66 lakh
Petrol
Audi A3 40TFSI Premium Plus: Rs 28.95 lakh

Features
Daytime running lamps
Integrated turn indicators on ORVMs
Bi-xenon headlamps
Panoramic sunroof
7-inch multi-media infotainment screen
Safety features
6 airbags (driver and its co-occupant, side and curtain airbags),
ABS with EBD, Brake Assist, ESP
Traction control
Dimensions
Length: 4456mm
Width: 1796mm
Height: 1416mm
Wheel base: 2637mm
Engine & Transmission Options
1.8-litre TFSI petrol mated to a 7-speed dual clutch gearbox- 177bhp, 250Nm
2.0-litre TDI diesel with 6-speed S-tronic gearbox - 143bhp, 320Nm

Source: ndtv

Last edited:
Firstly, Very good pricing by Audi. Secondly, Apart from Panaromic Sunroof and MMI( Audi Exclusive) rest of the features are available on Jetta, Octavia etc. A Jetta, Octavia owner might not upgrade to this one. While someone who wants a 4 ringed car will wait in que to get it. For me, Jetta & Octavia are better then this in every departments except for Audi Brand Image.

Curious to know the standard features in attraction variant since at 22.95, it looks mouthwatering if given with the basic features of what a 20L car should have.

Expecting to see them in flesh. I guess, within a year we can spot numerous ones on roads atleast in Tier 1 cities.

Curious to know the standard features in attraction variant since at 22.95,
Here is a list of what is available on all of them – Leather Multifunction 4-spoke steering wheel, illuminated vanity mirrors, smoking package front, centre arm rest between front seats, Audi Music Interface and Bluetooth connectivity.
Safety features such as side & head airbags on front & rear, space saver spare wheel, wheel bolts, tool kit and jack, first aid kit with warning triangle and electronic vehicle immobilisation device are also offered in all variants as standard features.[clap]

Audi A3 AttractionEntry level variant gets 16 inch alloy wheels, electrically adjustable exterior mirrors and halogen headlights on exterior. Interior gets Inlays in form of monometallic or truffle beige, fabric seat covering (Black Rallye cloth), door sill trims in black plastic and folding rear seat back.
For comfort, Audi A3 Attraction trim gets rear parking aid, basic air conditioning system and electric seat adjustment for driver seat & manual height adjustment for passenger seat. Infotainment system features passive Speakers, MMI radio and driver information system.
At ex-showroom Delhi price of Rs. 22.95 lakhs ex Del

Audi A3 PremiumSitting on 16 inch alloy wheels made in different design compared to Attraction model, A3 Premium variant receives high gloss package for exterior, electrically adjustable, heated and electrically folding Outside Rear View Mirrors (ORVM), same halogen headlights, light / rain sensor / interior mirror / insulating windshield, and panoramic sun roof as option.
Interior of Audi A3 Premium variant gets 3D-look Aluminium Inlays, lighting package plus, leather / leatherette (Black & Chestnut Brown) seat upholstery, door sill trims in black plastic and load-through facility. Comfort features include rear parking aid, delux automatic air conditioning with sun sensor, cruise control, storage package and electrically adjustable front seats (driver & passenger). Infotainment system features are same as Attraction’s except Premium trim gets colour display for driver information system.
Price of Audi A3 Premium trim is Rs. 25.95 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.

Audi A3 Premium PlusYou get 17 inch alloy rims starting this variant, high gloss package similar to Premium model, electrically adjustable, heated and electrically folding exterior mirrors with anti-glare on driver side, Xenon plus headlamp, automatic headlight range adjustment, light / rain sensor / interior mirror / insulating windshield, S-Line exterior package, fog lamps and panoramic roof as option.
Same 3D look Aluminium finish Inlays are offered in Audi A3 Premium Plus trim. Chrome package in interiors is additional. Milano Leather (Black & Beige) seat upholstery is given in this variant, also door sill trims with S Line logo. Load-through facility is also available.
Parking aid plus is offered in Premium Plus in addition to all comfort features seen in Premium variant. Infotainment features are also similar to Premium variant, with extra Audi Sound System. Start / Stop system is provided in Audi A3 1.8 litre 40 TFSI petrol version only, not in any of 2.0 litre TDI diesel models.
Price of Audi A3 Premium Plus petrol model is Rs. 28.95 lakhs and diesel version is Rs. 29.95 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.

Audi A3 TechnologyThere is only a few changes in list of features offered in this variant from Premium Plus. A3 Technology gets rear-view Camera, Audi Pre Sense basic and MMI Navigation plus & MMI Touch are those extra bells. Top of line Audi A3 Technology misses out MMI Radio.
Cost of top end Audi A3 Technology is Rs. 32.66 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.

Audi A3 sedan is available in 6 body colours:
Glacier White, metallic
Florett Silver, metallic
Beluga brown, metallic
Scuba blue, metallic
Misano red, pearl effect
Brilliant black

Audi A3 price, variant-wise features explained

Last edited:
Looking at the feature list for base and mid variant, I'll any day put my money on a Skoda Superb. At least it will give me the luxury that can rival the A6.
+100, that's exactly what i said in my previous post. The A3 doesn't seem to have the unique thing for its price. Skoda Superb is way better then this. I too will look at other cars in this price range. The Audi A3 apart from snob value doesn't have anything for it. If i want that sweet 1.8 TSi, I'll buy Octavia. If i want features, ill settle for Octavia/Updated Jetta, if space & luxury are priorities, then I'll buy superb. Every other cars in this price range look VFM. But still, Audi A3 will be successful because many people don't research enough. They just want 4 rings and the LED Headlights.

+100, that's exactly what i said in my previous post. The A3 doesn't seem to have the unique thing for its price. Skoda Superb is way better then this. I too will look at other cars in this price range. The Audi A3 apart from snob value doesn't have anything for it. If i want that sweet 1.8 TSi, I'll buy Octavia. If i want features, ill settle for Octavia/Updated Jetta, if space & luxury are priorities, then I'll buy superb. Every other cars in this price range look VFM. But still, Audi A3 will be successful because many people don't research enough. They just want 4 rings and the LED Headlights.
But LED headlights are not available in first two variants - they will come equipped with halogens(as mentioned in the above features list)
And the one with LEDs will cost around 34 lac on road Delhi.

Superb feels to be a better bet, rest I wish Passat wasn't discontinued[cry] then people would have recognized how a true 175 bhp diesel feels when it gives even the TSi a run for its performance.

Top Bottom