New 2012 Toyota Camry in India. Update: Hybrid Version Launched.

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

New Toyota Camry caught testing. Some of the features noticed are:

* Start stop button
* Steering mounted controls
* Infotainment system
* Projector headlamps
* LED tail lights
* Front and Reverse parking sensors

Toyota may assemble the new Camry via the CKD route to keep the costs on the lower end. With Skoda planning new variants and the Passat to staring at Rs. 20 lakh the Camry should start at a similar price range If it wants the Fortuner like sales in India. A 2012 Delhi Auto expo launch would be just ideal. The Camry currently is sold only in petrol engine option. source - goanonwheels.com

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: New 2012 Toyota Camry Indian Launch

Great to note that Toyota is not leaving Indians unattended. Though the design looks sportier and advanced but as I stated elsewhere, the bulky design and road presence of existing Camry will be missed. Present Camry has done reasonably well but more or less in the commercial segment, an even more competitive price tag and Diesel will for sure be a jackpot for Toyota.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Agree,Good news, but I had hardly seen any camry.

I am liking the current Camry more , it looks elegant. The chrome grill is looking a bit odd maybe it will look good on a black car.

Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) is all set to launch this month its all-new new premium luxury car "Camry" in the country and it would be assembled at the company's Bangalore facility.

"We are going to launch Camry on the 24th of this month in New Delhi..", TKM Deputy Managing Director (Marketing) Sandeep Singh told reporters here.

Declining to give out details on the features of new Camry, he said the components of the car would be imported and assembled at Bangalore plant. "We have enough space there to produce the car," he said.

TKM, a joint venture between Japan's Toyota Motor Corp and the Kirloskar Group, had introduced Camry in India as a Completely Built Unit from Japan. Camry is one of the largest selling cars for Toyota globally.

The company currently offers its popular Multi-Utility Vehicle 'Innova', hatchback and sedan 'Etios Liva' and 'Etios', 'Corolla Altis' and Sports Utility Vehicle 'Fortuner'.

TKM has two manufacturing facilities in India with a total capacity of three lakh units. The first plant manufactures Innova and Fortuner and the second plant Etios, Etios Liva and Corolla Altis.

To a query on market remaining sluggish, Singh said Toyota did quite well in terms of sales. "We are doing quite well in terms of sales. We are targeting to sell 1,70,000 units this year, compared to 1,31,000 units (last year)..", he said.

TKM has reported a seven per cent increase in sales at 14,574 units during July 2012.It had sold 13,592 units in July last year.

Toyota to launch its all-new premium luxury car Camry in India on August 24 - The Economic Times

350Z

Core Team

Yes. New Camry is scheduled to arrive on 24th of this month. It has a tinge of Lexus in design. I’m keen on the pricing part though. Let us wait and watch.

Drive safe,
350Z

No doubt the new camry is totally different from the previous version when it comes to looks interiors as well as exterior.
Infact i really liked the interiors of the new Camry, they look classy and good compared to the older version. I did a trip with the new Camry in March for about 1900 kms.
But when it comes to ride quality i like the older version and it is more stable on high speeds.

The sad part though is it will come only with the petrol motor, which is such a downer in the current scenario.

The sad part though is it will come only with the petrol motor, which is such a downer in the current scenario.
Oh god!!!! Are they insane. In times when an established car like Civic is facing slow death due to low sales figures, how do they expect Camry to sell with just a petrol heart.

freakdude.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

the car has hideous center console , hideous interiors + hideous color of wood trims used. yuck interiors i should say.

Oh god!!!! Are they insane. In times when an established car like Civic is facing slow death due to low sales figures, how do they expect Camry to sell with just a petrol heart.

freakdude.
Even Hyundai dis the same with Sonata, is it that difficult for OEM's to understand the current market behaviour?

The India bound Camry will feature a 2.5 Liter, fouf cylinder petrol engine pumping out 178 Bhp of peak power. This smooth motor is naturally aspirated and features variable valve timing. The engine will be mated to a six speed automatic transmission which also has an overdrive feature for relaxed mile munching on the highway. The overdrive feature will be instrumental in better mileage on highway runs as it allows the car to cruise at a lower rpm.

Some how the new model does not look so great than the older one. This also looks like Altis !!

I do not understand why all the manufacturers are just behaving like TATA family editions where son,father,grand father everybody looks same. There is no diversification in look and design.

I like the old Camry better than this !!

Top Bottom