Need Urgent Help in DIY Engine Oil Change

Use 10w40 grade engine oil of either Wurth, Total or shell.

3 Brands
Wurth HC Synthetic Engine Oil 10w40
Total Quartz 7000 10w40
Shell Helix 7 10w40

Castrol Is overpriced and isnt par with the competition.

MAke sure to flush the engine with Wurth Engine Flush 250 Directions on the can.
Change the Plugs to NGK G Power.
Use a good petrol additive you can use wurth.

NGK g plugs? Are you talking about their platinum plugs or iridium plugs? Any benefits of using same?

NGK platinum plugs they are far better than the conventional plugs, felt the difference in my unicorn so installed Gpower in all mine and my friends cars. Iridium are very expensive so went in for Gpower platinum plugs.

@amiti, Cost is on the high side which is the only con. iridiums otoh are useless on our regular cars.
Italian rider why not buy a service manual of your car. It will have all service procedures and grades and stuff and you can put your dme and BE to better use with DIY. And dont use flush, most auto companies do not recommend engine flush. You just need to run the engine to maximum temperature and then drain off the oil immediately.

Last edited:
Hi Italian,

Please see the Palio handbook which has been posted by Surfer and decide the Engine Oil. As for the Engine Oil flush, please remember that the deposits are acidic in nature (as they also contain combustion products like soot/carbon)and not flushing it can turn the new Oil acidic faster.

Flushing will clear away this rubbish and keep your oil clean. As for leaks, I am not sure if the leaks will start but normally this should not happen.

B

Top Bottom