Need Suggestion on Buying Used Fiat Linea Petrol

Hi

Don't fall for all the rumors being passed around by people who have never even driven a TJet, forget about owning one. That's the problem in India, people follow a herd mentality and blindly make permanent perceptions. [frustration]

I am easily getting 12.3 KM per Liter of petrol in Delhi Traffic. I believe this is really good and do not have any more expectations. Add to this the driving pleasure and you have a winner.

Since this is Turbocharged Petrol so a CNG is not a good idea. A CNG only with NA Petrol engines. Plus with CNG, the driving pleasure takes a nose dive so does not make sense to own a jet that would not be able to take off. [:D]

Do you have CNG kit in it? Or heard anybody using it?
Got to hear tjet isn't great at fuel efficiency, what's the average you are getting from it?

Fifth one is T-Jet and others are 1.4
T - Jet.

As far as parts availability is concerned, it's nothing like that you'll have to wait for weeks for parts. It could be, it might need to be sourced, which generally is available in 1-2 days. The regular service consumables and parts are always avaialble

Please don't even consider converting T-jet to CNG. You would just kill it.

Thread Starter #19
Still search is going on, as per suggestions now he dropped idea of converting in CNG and looking for Diesel one. But it is not easy to get diesel Linea with less km clocked.
Also we tried few Figo diesel and two of them in his budget.
We will again discuss on Sunday as we get time only on this day due to work.

Still search is going on, as per suggestions now he dropped idea of converting in CNG and looking for Diesel one. But it is not easy to get diesel Linea with less km clocked.
Also we tried few Figo diesel and two of them in his budget.
We will again discuss on Sunday as we get time only on this day due to work.
Buying a Pre-owned car is long process, take your time,you will find your perfect car with patience.

But it is not easy to get diesel Linea with less km clocked...
Even a moderate user would be able to clock 15K / year ; so any car close to 6 yrs old would be close to 80K-100K ODO. Even my ride is a Diesel Linea with 1.1 L ODO as of now; with excellent condition and any well maintained car serviced regularly should be a safe buy.

Thread Starter #22
Yes, we are ready to buy a car upto 100K ODO but another issue is we are getting second and third owner cars as currently we are looking for first owner vehicle.
If not then will try for second owner at most.

Dear Friends
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I too am planning to buy a Linea Tjet, I have almost finalized a deal for a 2014 Tjet, with only 8700km on the odometer, and seems genuine, I have checked the last two service record, one is from this year where odometer was a little over 8000 and before that in 2017 the odometer was little over 7000km, I have test driven the car and it worked absolutely fine, it was a pleasure to drive, (my last car was a laura tsi). the spare is in brand new condition as well. the dealer was asking 4lacs but we finally settled for 3.7. I have told him that I will take the car to fiat service center in Moti nagar, new delhi and get it checked there before finalizing the deal and he is ok with that. so here are my questions-
1- is it a good deal i am getting?
2- I have not read good things about Fiat service center in Moti nagar, should i be worried that i will not be able to get a good service for the car?

Hi

Don't fall for all the rumors being passed around by people who have never even driven a TJet, forget about owning one. That's the problem in India, people follow a herd mentality and blindly make permanent percepti...... [:D]
@mathuranuj where do you get your tjet serviced? and any good mechanic outside service center to handle problems with linea?

I think it is a great car and one of the most underrated buys in the used market. I think 2014 means that 3.7 is fine but bring it neared to 3.3-4 will make it a sweeter deal. Rest it is a pretty reliable car on that front. Landmark Motinagar I have heard mixed reviews.

Would suggest you to pick it up. Great car.

Is it T-Jet? If it is then as per my TD experience the BEST midsize sadan in India.

Pl. go for it ...

If not T-jet then go for Rapid 1.6.

Thanks for reply guys, For now I have postponed buying this vehicle, the car is fantastic but I fear getting proper service will be a pain. I even ordered a cover for the car from 99rmp.. :(

Top Bottom