Need Suggestion on Buying Used Fiat Linea Petrol

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

My cousin in search of used Fiat Linea in Pune as he likes this car and he found below cars.

1) 2011 Dynamic - 41000 km run, single owner, price - 2.25 lacs including all., MH04
2) 2009 Emotion - 72000 km run, second owner, price - 2.25 lacs including all., MH02
3) 2010 Emotion - 75000 km run, Single owner, price - 2.5 lacs including all., MH03
4) 2010 Dynamic - 88000 km run, single owner, price - 2.25 lacs including all., MH12
5) 2011 Emotion - 51000 km run, second owner, price - 2.1 lacs , MH04

Also he wanted to convert it on CNG to improve mileage.
I am concerned about spares part availability, can part availability is problem.
What will be servicing cost annually ?

Kindly suggest which one will be better.

> Your Budget: Rs. 2.0 to 2.5 Lacs
> New or Used: Used Car
> Your Location: Pune
> Monthly Running: 700 - 800 km
> Type of Fuel: Petrol + CNG
> For What Purpose: Regular city ride and long drives upto 500 km one side
> Type of Segment: Sedan

Mods please move the thread to appropriate section.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Kindly suggest which one will be better.

> Your Budget: Rs. 2.0 to 2.5 Lacs
> New or Used: Used Car
> Your Location: Pune
> Monthly Running: 700 - 800 km
> Type of Fuel: Petrol + CNG
> For What Purpose: Regular city ride and long drives upto 500 km one side
> Type of Segment: Sedan
Suggest him to look for a used Honda CITY Ivtec of 2009-2010 make. CITY will easier to maintain than Linea due to wider ASC network. The 3rd gen CITY has one gem of an engine and is a hassle free car. He can easily get a 2009-2010 CITY IVtec for 2.3 to 2.5L

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
Suggest him to look for a used Honda CITY Ivtec of 2009-2010 make. CITY will easier to maintain than Linea due to wider ASC network. The 3rd gen CITY has one gem of an engine and is a hassle free car. He can easily get a 2009-2010 CITY IVtec for 2.3 to 2.5L

Regards

Akash
No, He wants Linea only as he liked its styling.
Please suggest which one would be better from above options.
Unless there is serious problem regarding parts availability, I can't convince him.

No, He wants Linea only as he liked its styling.
Please suggest which one would be better from above options.
Unless there is serious problem regarding parts availability, I can't convince him.
Parts availability would surely be an issue as those models have been phased out.
Also please take into account Fiat parts are expensive.

Parts availability would surely be an issue as those models have been phased out.
Also please take into account Fiat parts are expensive.
I beg to differ here. I have a Linea T-Jet+ and the spare parts are not at all expensive, IMHO. The pricing is in the same bracket as others in the segment.
They are also quite easily available and one can order themselves at 99rpm.com

Yes, the workshops are a scattered lot and sometimes a little distance away. What you need to be aware is that the TJet parts are a little costlier than the ordinary petrol linea.

I beg to differ here. I have a Linea T-Jet+ and the spare parts are not at all expensive, IMHO. The pricing is in the same bracket as others in the segment.
They are also quite easily available and one can order themselves at 99rpm.com

Yes, the workshops are a scattered lot and sometimes a little distance away. What you need to be aware is that the TJet parts are a little costlier than the ordinary petrol linea.
Do you have CNG kit in it? Or heard anybody using it?
Got to hear tjet isn't great at fuel efficiency, what's the average you are getting from it?

Hi All,

My cousin in search of used Fiat Linea in Pune as he likes this car and he found below cars.

1) 2011 Dynamic - 41000 km run, single owner, price - 2.25 lacs including all., MH04
2) 2009 Emotion - 72000 km run, second owner, price - 2.25 lacs including all., MH02
3) 2010 Emotion - 75000 km run, Single owner, price - 2.5 lacs including all., MH03
4) 2010 Dynamic - 88000 km run, single owner, price - 2.25 lacs including all., MH12
5) 2011 Emotion - 51000 km run, second owner, price - 2.1 lacs , MH04
Option 1
The 1st car is a superb option to buy.
Low mileage, Single owner and only 7yrs old.
There is very little difference between a Dynamic and Emotion variant,apart from a few goodies which can be ignored.
Kindly go through the service history and also visit the service centre the car has been serviced. A thorough check by service centre can tell you more about the car.

Thread Starter #11
Option 1
The 1st car is a superb option to buy.
Low mileage, Single owner and only 7yrs old.
There is very little difference between a Dynamic and Emotion variant,apart from a few goodies which can be ignored.
Kindly go through the service history and also visit the service centre the car has been serviced. A thorough check by service centre can tell you more about the car.
Just confirmed, fifth option, its single owner.

Them which will be better. ?

Just confirmed, fifth option, its single owner.

Them which will be better. ?
Both have a difference of just 10,000kms,which is nothing for a Fiat product.
And the 15k difference can be negotiated, you should drive and inspect both the cars thoroughly and finalise the deal.

Thread Starter #13
Both have a difference of just 10,000kms,which is nothing for a Fiat product.
And the 15k difference can be negotiated, you should drive and inspect both the cars thoroughly and finalise the deal.
I mean last one is Emotion T-Jet Petrol and first one is Dynamic and I guess Dynamic does not have airbags and ABS.

Now confusion is He like Dynamic as its Red colour which is good on Linea and Emotion T-Jet one is Golden colour.

I would suggest to not use Linea with CNG. It is an unknown territory. There might be people using but again no long term reports. CNG ruins the engine if it is not compatible with it. Same issue used to be there with Honda cars but that has been solved. Although the rest is your call.

I mean last one is Emotion T-Jet Petrol and first one is Dynamic and I guess Dynamic does not have airbags and ABS.
NO,
Both have the same safety and convenience features, 2 Airbags & ABS with EBD.
But diesel linea is a better buy and also colour is to your cousins liking.

Top Bottom