Need suggestion for the best Hatch guys! : Bought i20 Asta Sparkle Blue

Thread Starter #33
Yes Zinam after his dad increased his budget i suggested him Figo Titanium , Polo , Punto Emotion Pk , even Manza but my friend is bowled over by the Uber cool beauty and the features its offering!

To frankly say if anyone has experiened i20, then they can't opt for Figo or Polo or Punto!

Your friend is wise [clap]

Yes Zinam after his dad increased his budget i suggested him Figo Titanium , Polo , Punto Emotion Pk , even Manza but my friend is bowled over by the Uber cool beauty and the features its offering!
Great! I agree with you i20 seems to be a VFM car. Its sales figures says it all. It is a highly practical car with its spacious and and cozy interior. Is he going for the 1.2L pterol Engine?

I heard that the 1.2L engine is slightly underpowered for i20 due to its total weight. However, I also heard that when the RPM is 3000+, the engine feels pepy and really shows its character.

@ Zinam & Akash: Any idea about the 1.2L engine in i20 ?

@Shynish- Your information is true. The 1.2L Petrol engine on i20 feels underpowered. It is basically the same engine as that of i10 with some refinement. At lower rpms the drive is a bit sluggish which means frequent gear shifts in heavy traffic conditions. But still, it is a lot better than some of its rivals. Even highway drive is not funfilled, mainly due to the P:W ratio.
But anyday, the Hyundai engines are much more fun to drive, smooth and refined than most of the other 1.2L in market(read K12 engines).

I would suggest you to go for 1.4L Diesel if you want a peppy drive, but if you are okay with the 1.2L drive, then you can go for the petrol variant.

To frankly say if anyone has experiened i20, then they can't opt for Figo or Polo or Punto!
I agree with you on this, especially i find the petrol heart of i20(though 1.2L feels slow) best among the above mentioned cars.

Last edited:
Nice to know that, keeping engine in right RPM gives the right drive in i20. I think it is wise to opt for 1.2L petrol if the monthly drive is around 1000 KM. After it is wise call between pepy drive and more than 1.4 lakhs extra for the diesel engine (asta version) !

Nice to know that, keeping engine in right RPM gives the right drive in i20. I think it is wise to opt for 1.2L petrol if the monthly drive is around 1000 KM. After it is wise call between pepy drive and more than 1.4 lakhs extra for the diesel engine (asta version) !
Yes, it is indeed wise to opt for a 1.2L i20. As i have already stated in my previous post, the petrol heart of i20 is a lot more superior than most of other 1.2l.

I20 scores on interior space or rather its arrangement on Punto. I hate that I can't keep a single water bottle inside my Punto. No Space for it. And for Plastic quality their are only 2 areas steering and Glove box where it lags.(this is my personal opinion). I am so in love with Punto that I keep pushing Punto to everyone who asks me.:sorry:

Funny thing about ASS. I am not sure how much time in 5 years span one can go to service station. Mine is 2 new. So if you are going once /twice in a year and getting decent service does it matter to most of you people. I have also seen it changes from Dealer to Dealer even manufacturer are same. One will you give you good service and other won't. So their should be more concern on Dealer than manufacturer. What you People say about this?

@KnightRiderGT500- You are right brother. I personally find Punto much more appealing than i20. I have come across many who feel the interiors of Punto cheap, but i find them one of the best, thanks to absonce of beige color. But thats my personal feeling.
About A.S.S, i dont think one needs to worry about FIAT A.S.S, since i have heard and experienced good response at their dealerships. People are haunted mainly because FIAT has tie up with TATA guys, but i would like to point it out that FIAT service sections are handled very well unlike TATA. Even Tata is improving its service, but FIAT is way ahead of them even though they both share the same roof.

But while one is buying a car, A.S.S must be looked at because you never know when you need them(Accidents, breakdowns etc). So its better to have a look at A.S.S too.
I personally had a sour experience with TATA due to which we had to sell off our Indigo.

@KnightRiderGT500- You are right brother. I personally find Punto much more appealing than i20. I have come across many who feel the interiors of Punto cheap, but i find them one of the best, thanks to absonce of beige color. But thats my personal feeling.
About A.S.S, i dont think one needs to worry about FIAT A.S.S, since i have heard and experienced good response at their dealerships. People are haunted mainly because FIAT has tie up with TATA guys, but i would like to point it out that FIAT service sections are handled very well unlike TATA. Even Tata is improving its service, but FIAT is way ahead of them even though they both share the same roof.

But while one is buying a car, A.S.S must be looked at because you never know when you need them(Accidents, breakdowns etc). So its better to have a look at A.S.S too.
I personally had a sour experience with TATA due to which we had to sell off our Indigo.
:agree: I have also herd lot of bad stories about TATA A.S.S. And Agree that they are far more improved what was 3-4 years back.

Now Coming to I20 and Punto. If one is thinking Petrol then their is very less difference between them. It's Heart or Head Decision time. But if you are thinking of Diesel then Punto is 1-1.25 lakh cheaper than I20. VFM. If some one wants VW POLO then I still think wait for more than 6-8 months then only decide on this. VW horror stories are more horrible than TATA's.

Top Bottom