Need suggestion for the best Hatch guys! : Bought i20 Asta Sparkle Blue

350Z

Core Team
Shynish M said:
WOW! You are in a deep trouble now! I am curious to know the final pick and the reasons for it. Both are excellent cars. Hyundai is more established brand in India. Its hard pick one over the other.
Not exactly in trouble. His friend can decide easily among two if he is clear enough about requirements. Hyundai i20 offers a little better specifications where as Punto has useful features list and ofcourse a solid build. I'm posting the specs comparison of both cars.

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion

Engine:
4 Cylinder, 1172 CC Engine producing power of 67 BHP and 9.75 Nm of Torque.

Average FE:

Dimensions:

• Length: 3987mm
  • Width: 1687mm
  • Height: 1495mm
  • Ground Clearance: 173mm
  • Boot Space: 280 Liters
Hyundai i20 Magna

Engine:
4 Cylinder, 1197 CC Engine producing power of 78.9 BHP and 111 Nm of Torque.

Average FE:

Dimensions:

• Length: 3940mm
  • Width: 1710mm
  • Height: 1505mm
  • Ground Clearance: 165mm
  • Boot Space: 295 Liters

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
No Nissan is definitely not in the frame infact his dad is not in a mood to accept Fiat also! So finally we will settle for i20 mostly but his dad must agree to the increase of 50k in budget.

Thread Starter #23
My friend was in love with Figo White color , i had a hard time changing his mind towards i20/Punto today. I said "Figo was so much out of contention that nobody even bothered to put the prices in TAI , the petrol engine is not good it seems only diesel is good". ( He knows our TAI very well and infact just now striking me , he attended the TAI Chennai meet with me).!

He said his dad has to accept for 5.5Lakh (initially he has said only 5 Lakh) and no way he will accept Fiat ( I tried to convince him saying Fiat has improved but he refused to accept it) so we will settle for i20! Hope his dad accepts it and i20 is my favorite Hatch too!

AMG

Suspended
Good.
I feel i20 is a better product than than punto.
-----------Next Post-----------
It is mu favourite hatch, currently.
Wish him many happy miles with his car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
Sorry for the delayed update! The car is finally decided as i20 magna and the color is sparkle blue! This month according to Tamil calender is an inauspicious month for buying any new thing , so the car will be booked in August. My friend initially wanted white but his parents said white needs regular washing which my friend wont do. Black ruled out by family. Silver way too common. Berry red was not good enough and my friend din like dark grey too! I saw a color called silky beige in their official website but i have not seen any i20 in that color till now! So the only color left is sparkle blue which both my friend and his family also liked!

Wow!!

i20 is best of the lot & congratulation to your friend dhaya!

And by the way, where is he booking the car ?

Whats the deal given ? I can help out if required.

Thread Starter #29
Thanks Zinam yes i will call you before booking. We are not specific about any dealer , will book the car where we get the best deal. BTW Zinam my friend buying the car is the guy who attended Chennai meet with us. We are waiting for the "Aadi" month to get over.

BTW guys good news. My friend's dad upgraded his budget to 7lakhs OTR now. So now we have decided for i20 Asta (o) , same sparkle blue color!

Top Bottom