Need Suggesions to Upgrade ICE for Grand i10 Magna

Instead of friend you can check with ICE installer shops. But purchase if you are satisfied with sound quality and they are giving you at least 2-3 months warranty .People often upgrade their ICE setup and sell the used ones to those shops.

hello everyone, I want to install a good music setup for my grand i10 and my budget is 12k-14k (head unit + speakers)need a head unit 2din which perfectly fits into the dashboard don't want Bluetooth.for rear doors coaxial,front coaxial or components but don't want to drill holes. need combination of both bass and clear sound. in a desperate need for help..purchasing online is not a problem..

hello everyone, I want to install a good music setup for my grand i10 and my budget is 12k-14k (head unit + speakers)need a head unit 2din which perfectly fits into the dashboard don't want Bluetooth.for rear doors coaxial,front coaxial or components but don't want to drill holes. need combination of both bass and clear sound. in a desperate need for help..purchasing online is not a problem..
Okay. Actually the budget is a bit tight and you won't get touch 2DIN in this price. Any 2DIN would fit perfectly provided you install a dash plate (or face plate?) which is a piece of plastic which helps to hide the edges of the 2DIN slot and makes the HU merge better with the interiors. You can get this at an ICE shop or even at Hyundai dealership (from base model Grand i10 which gets this plate as standard). Set aside 6-7k for the head unit. Preferred brands are JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer and Blaupunkt (if 2DIN w/o touch is available in Blaupunkt) and you just need to compare the specs (Nom. output, no. of preouts and direct features) and price and buy one.

For speakers, components or coaxials both require same level of alteration, i.e. adding wooden spacer rings and making holes on the ring itself (and not the car). Make sure you add couplers, which avoid the need to cut factory wiring. For a combination of bass and vocals, components front + coaxials back is a good idea if you are thinking of 6x9 inch oval coaxials. Do confirm the speaker slot size in Grand i10 for the rear. Is it on the parcel tray or door? Are you okay with fitting on the parcel tray? Basic components would come under 3.5k for good brands like JBL and Pioneer. Basic round coaxials (door) would be 2k while oval coaxials (parcel tray) would be under 3k. Add another 1-1.5k for wiring, couplers, spacers and labour charges. It will come under your budget, I can assure you that. [:)] Pioneer would be on the bass-ier side while JBL would be sharp and vocal-heavy. If Hertz and Infinity come under your budget by any chance, it would be great. Ordering HU online is advisable but speakers first need to be auditioned to decide. Also, one more thing - go for same brand of speakers for front and rear as it will make the sound stage balanced (and not bass heavy at front or vocal heavy at rear).

Just let me know the speaker sizes for front and rear and tweeter position (stock) at the front. So I can suggest you better.

Thank you ice_wise for your respose.
Can you please tell me how much it will cost me for dash plate.Will it be possible to purchase the dash plate online. If yes can you direct me to the link. Also for the music setup I used the pioneer guid which recommended pioneer Fh-x369ub head unit.and a pair of pioneer ts-r1650s 6inch 3way coaxial speakers..for both the rear and front doors.. Should I go with it.. For rear speakers the space is on the door don't want to disturb my parcel tray..

Thank you ice_wise for your respose.
Can you please tell me how much it will cost me for dash plate.Will it be possible to purchase the dash plate online. If yes can you direct me to the link. Also for the music setup I used the pioneer guid which recommended pioneer Fh-x369ub head unit.and a pair of pioneer ts-r1650s 6inch 3way coaxial speakers..for both the rear and front doors.. Should I go with it.. For rear speakers the space is on the door don't want to disturb my parcel tray..
Okay. Pioneer and JVC both make good HUs in this side of the budget. For speakers, it would be fine if you opt for coaxials on all 4 doors. Why? Because if you go for components at front, you will miss the boom (bass) from the rear coaxials (as they would produce similar bass as your front components and will be muddy on vocals) and the soundstage will become front heavy. If you get coaxials for all doors, sound stage will be balanced and cost will also be under check.

Check out these from Snapdeal (the only trustable Indian site for ICE equipment) -

JVC KDR515 (Rs. 5800) and Pioneer FHX369UB (Rs. 6700). Both come with Aux, USB, BT and are 2DIN. If you want to go for Touchscreen (basic), choose MVH AV179 from Pioneer at Rs. 8900.

My personal choice would be the JVC or Pioneer touch. Normal Pioneer 2DIN doesn't make sense in front of the normal JVC 2DIN. For speakers, go for Hertz Deici coaxials or Infinity Primus series. These 2 are the capable coaxials in 6.5" and have an edge over JBL or Pioneer. Try if you can audition them in a shop before making the purchase.

Option 1 (JVC+Hertz)

JVC KDR515 - Rs. 5800
Hertz DCX170.3 - Rs. 6200 (2 sets)
Wiring, labour, dash plate, couplers, spacers - Rs. 2500

Total - Rs. 14500.

If you are out of budget in Option 1, try this -
Hertz DCX165.3 - Rs. 4800 and the total would be Rs. 13100. But Infinity is better in this case at this price, as it has great reviews on the internet.

Option 2 (JVC+Infinity)

JVC KDR515 - Rs. 5800
Infinity Primus 6502 - Rs. 4400
Wiring, labour, dash plate, couplers, spacers - Rs. 2500

Total - Rs. 12700.

If going for Pioneer touch + Hertz = Total would be around Rs. 17600.
If going for cheaper speakers from Hertz (165.3), Total would be around Rs. 16200.
If going for Pioneer touch + Infinity = Total would be around Rs. 15800.

My personal choice is Option 1. Perfect mix of speakers and HU. Dash plate would cost around 1k. Do not order it online as a slight colour difference makes your dash look ugly, inspect it offline or buy from ASS. Take your pick!

Ps. All prices are from Snapdeal.

Thanks I'll go with the JVC as I don't want touchscreen..and the speakers setup will be 4 coaxial on each doors. I want to go with the infinity primus. Tell me what I'll lose if I don't opt for the 1st option. How will be the sound in both the cases. Snapdeal is also providing free setup.should I purchase the speakers online.

Last edited:
Thanks I'll go with the JVC as I don't want touchscreen..and the speakers setup will be 4 coaxial on each doors. I want to go with the infinity primus. Tell me what I'll lose if I don't opt for the 1st option. How will be the sound in both the cases. Snapdeal is also providing free setup.should I purchase the speakers online.
Good choice. Actually I can't tell you what you'll lose. "Sound is heard, not told" [:)]. It would be really great if you go to a big audio shop, tell them that you want to purchase these speakers and hear both Infinity and Hertz. This way you will get to know the price in market as well as which speaker suits your listening style. Infinity and Hertz both have similar and good sound signature, clear vocals, muted bass. But what I interpret would be different from what you will, so I will suggest you to audition them first, you can later order them online too if prices are good. People will joke literally if you'd say I ordered Infinity by looking at the images online. No offence meant at all.

My suggestion, place an order for the JVC HU now. You can order speakers later after listening.

Haha actually I'm in Sikkim right now (which is a hill station with no proper store thats why i was insiting on online shopping ) I'll go back to my place (patna)after 15 days.. I wanted to order the speakers before hand so that I can set it up when I reach home as soon as possible.if I would have to order the speakers only by looking at the pictures I would have not come to this forum anyway.
The other option could be to wait till I reach patna and visit the stores.

Last edited:
Haha actually I'm in Sikkim right now (which is a hill station with no proper store thats why i was insiting on online shopping ) I'll go back to my place (patna)after 15 days.. I wanted to order the speakers before hand so that I can set it up when I reach home as soon as possible.if I would have to order the speakers only by looking at the pictures I would have not come to this forum anyway.
The other option could be to wait till I reach patna and visit the stores.
You can start by reading reviews about the shortlisted Hertz and Infinity speakers on the internet. With reviews, I do not mean online shopping reviews which say "I like them. Best speaker with best sound." but technical reviews from audio portals which evaluate the speakers on the basis of different aspects. If you get a good enough picture, i.e. one from Hertz or Infinity isn't upto your taste and you need to go for the other one only, then you can make the online purchase. Otherwise it would be better to listen to them in Patna before ordering, if you fail to get much information from internet. I will share links if I bump across any such review thread.

Why not order the JVC HU? You do not have to listen to its output but go by the specifications, so that makes for a quick online purchase. Saying this because if the unit gets out of stock, the next similar option is Pioneer at 1k more.

And, which variant do you have? Did it come with stock HU/speakers/wiring laid out? If it didn't come with the HU and wiring as stock, then most probably you don't need couplers and dash plate - saving your around 1300-1500 bucks.

Magna it didn't come with stock h/u. But for perfect fit I need to get a fascia/dash panal.I have seen pictures of 2din pioneer h/u installed in grand i10.I also confirmed it with the Hyundai accessories guy.For proper gap free installation of the h/uu they use a fascia.

From what I could find over the internet, Hertz you are choosing will have a distinct and clearer sound while the Infinity you are choosing will go really loud without distortion. Hertz coaxials will offer an active signature while Infinity will give you clear but SPL biased sound (loud). Hertz DCX170.3 will have a sharp sound high on the vocals while Infinity Primus will give a laid back and deeper sound. Take your pick!

Top Bottom