Need Suggesions to Upgrade ICE for Grand i10 Magna

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am Viraj form Goa
I got a Grand i10 Magna in November 2013, I installed ICE system with following components. I ndidnt have knowledge of system so whatever the shop guy suggested I installed the same:

HU: Pioneer FH-X369UB 2 din
Front door speakers: Pioneer - TS G624
Rear door speakers: JBL CS-6

I feel that front speakers are weak and doesn't have clarity then that of rear ones. so would like to upgrade them. My budget is 3500, Not intrested in putting amp or subwoofer. Kindly suggest me good pair of speakers for front doors

I got a Grand i10 Magna in November 2013, I installed ICE system with following components. I ndidnt have knowledge of system so whatever the shop guy suggested I installed the same:

I feel that front speakers are weak and doesn't have clarity then that of rear ones. so would like to upgrade them. My budget is 3500, Not intrested in putting amp or subwoofer. Kindly suggest me good pair of speakers for front doors
Infinity - PR6500CS

Pioneer - TS A1605C

Sony - XS GT16222S

JBL - GTO509C (little bit, crossing your budget)

I think before going to purchase new speakers, you should try to test the existing speakers with different sound settings . Like try fader settings and increse front speakers volume if you feel it is less as compared to rear .
Pioneer TS G624 250w max (40w RMS) did not think these are bad.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
thanks @i10grand and @saroya
2 Noob questions:
1: Will the components give good output without amplifier?
2) Will it drain battery more?

Thanks

Thread Starter #6
Are there any Co axial speakers which can give good output, price range within Rs 3500?
As in Components we need to do modify door pads to fit tweeters.
If there are no good coxials then i am ready to go for components.. please suggest

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for your suggestions..
I ordered Infinity PR6500CS from Snapdeal @ Rs 3024, got 15% discount
Where is it advisable to mount tweeters??

Thread Starter #9
Hi everyone.. I ordered Infinity PR6500CS components from snapdeal at Rs 3064.. Now i have a dillema in mind is which previous speakers to retain
Whether shift Pioneer Ts-G624 to rear doors and Give away the JBL CS-6 or Keep JBL at rear and give away Pioneer??
I used Fader to check both speakers and found pioneer more louder then JBL CS-6.. But JBL was producing good base
Please suggest

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Hi everyone.. I am getting a JBL 2 Channel amplifier GT-X424 at a very good price of Rs 3000 through a friend.. Should I buy it? will it improve my sound quality?.. If yes how would be my speaker setup with amplifier?
Front: Infinity PR6500 CS Components
Rear: JBL CS-6
Kindly reply asap Thank You

Hi everyone.. I am getting a JBL 2 Channel amplifier GT-X424 at a very good price of Rs 3000 through a friend.. Should I buy it? will it improve my sound quality?.. If yes how would be my speaker setup with amplifier?
Hello Virajkin, I think you should buy that amplifier for better sound and run that amp with the components for awesome SQ.

Yes go for it its a good deal. Is the Amp new? Uses? how old? If its new or few days then grab it. You are getting at a much cheaper price.
Now coming to the sound quality, It'll improve your sound quality up to some extend. As because Infinity PR6500 cs is a 80W RMS per speaker & your JBL Amp can handle 2 X 60W RMS @ 2ohm & 2 X 40W RMS @ 4ohm, your Infinity speaker is a 3ohm Impedance speaker you have to run it at 2ohms so your output will be 2 X 60W @ 2ohm.
For Jbl CS6 its a 45W RMS so need not to worry.
Finally, It'll perform good. Buy it only for the price. For best performance you need to shop for other AMp.

Thread Starter #13
Yes go for it its a good deal. Is the Amp new? Uses? how old? If its new or few days then grab it. You are getting at a much cheaper price.
Now coming to the sound quality, It'll improve your sound quality up to some extend. As because Infinity PR6500 cs is a 80W RMS per speaker & your JBL Amp can handle 2 X 60W RMS @ 2ohm & 2 X 40W RMS @ 4ohm, your Infinity speaker is a 3ohm Impedance speaker you have to run it at 2ohms so your output will be 2 X 60W @ 2ohm.
For Jbl CS6 its a 45W RMS so need not to worry.
Finally, It'll perform good. Buy it only for the price. For best performance you need to shop for other AMp.
Thanks @i10grand, the amp is 5 months old and its fairy used as the friends car was not much driven. Now how do i connect all speakers? Should I connect Front Infinity Components to amplifier and rear JBL Cs6 directly to HU as it is now? or any other configuration?
Please suggest

Jbl 424 is a 2 channel Amp. So there is only one possible way to connect the speakers, only one pair of speakers can be connected. Connect Infinity component speakers to the Amp & JBL Cs6 to the HU. [music]

Thread Starter #15
As per your suggestions I have installed the Speakers and amp, Used Rings for the Front speakers to attach to the door. The sound quality is very good..Crisp and Clear. Below are some installation pics.

Last edited:

Top Bottom