Need New Phone But Unable To Decide

Thread Starter #1
I have been thinking of changing my current phone I have for sometime, its a Lava B5 the only really good thing about it is its a dual sim phone bought from my friend for 3k some 2 or 3 yrs ago

Now my criteria for new phone isn't really much the usual calls, texts & sometimes get on the net with GPRS can't afford 3G right now its too costly & also if possible GPS included. Now comes the important thing on which I am unable to decide on, whether its touch or hard keys phone I should go for. I have used touch phones but didn't feel really comfortable with touch except for on phones like Galaxy S2 or the Iphone which are out of my budget.

I am thinking of going for Blackberry or Samsung below 15k or 20k phones, my question is if I go for BB say Curve 9220 or 9320 will BB sustain for sometime (I know we can't guess but just want to know what you all think) & then there is the Samsung Galaxy Y & Galaxy ACE. If possible i'd like to just know which would be good & apart from these if anyone can give info on other phone might be helpful :)

If you are not comfy with touch screen phones then go for BB, all modern phones are very robust and durable.

I'll say either go for Blackberry or any good Nokia QWERTY type phone.Both are good.My Nokia E63 is working well for about two years.

Dude Even Galaxy SII now comes in 23-24K only. Since you are ready for 20K just extend a little bit.. its totally worth it.. still if you want to know..just check

Sony Xperia Arc S : 8 mp camera, 4.2 inch screen, 1.4 Ghz Processor, 8GB card included and 512 MB RAM for around 20K

Samsung Ace Plus: 3.65 inches screen, 512 MB ram, 3gb internal storage, card upto 32gb, 5Mp camera with led flash, 1GHZ processor for approx 14K

Rest the ace duos is also good.. blackberry is a great phone but only if you want a phone with keyboard. Though the touch phones are little difficult to use for sms but you get the hang of it and sooner or later all the phones are going to be touch only. [;)]

I am using a Galaxy SII and very very satisfied with the phone. Android will though have battery drainage issues if you use lot of internet. So keep that in mind as well. once or twice usb charging is reqd depending on your usage.

I am yet to figure out what is Rs.20+k phone worth other than show off?

nokia N8 IS COSTING 18K that one is sure worth for it awesome camera.
ihave sold off galaxy s2 in march just because it did not serve me much more than my wifes Nokia e5 moreover battery didnt last either.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I am yet to figure out what is Rs.20+k phone worth other than show off?

nokia N8 IS COSTING 18K that one is sure worth for it awesome camera.
ihave sold off galaxy s2 in march just because it did not serve me much more than my wifes Nokia e5 moreover battery didnt last either.
it's about the quality and the UI and the hardware and the software. what else one do buying a 20k phone.

you can have phones like micromax , G5 at cost half the price of contenders but believe me the UI sucks. also the hardware is not always up to the mark.

and i can't believe you are recommending n8. the phone sucks. there are other phones which has better camera then this. i'm not just talking about how many megapixels the phone has.

if you didn't like s2 then obviously you don't like android applications [:D] but i agree , phone should be purchased according to the needs and not because of the specifications.

coming to topic - don't buy arc s. i myself have it but 2 reasons.

1.it's not future secure because of the hardware limitations. it won't get JELLY BEAN software update.

2. it's a 2011 phone. there are new 2012 xperia's coming out.

so tell me what are your needs ? how much memory you want ? will you play a lot of games , use a lot of applications ? want to video chat ?

it's rumored that BBM will come to android platform. so if you want to buy BB for just BBMing then i will say wait.

also samsung galaxy y and ace are low end phone.

samsung galaxy y - 7000 and samsung galaxy ace + is 15000.

don't go for the ace. it doesn't have dual core processor which it's competitor have.

Last edited:
OMG does anybody plays games in mobile phone?
anyway what good is a great userinterface if you have to carry a charger in other pocket and keep an eye on power outlets.
i bet I havent seens any better camera in a mobile phone better than in Nokia N8.
And regarding sony erricson fone ,when was the last they launched a good phone in market...in 2005?
Best phone are from nokia and samsung till date ..worth buys and good resale values too of course apple phones are entirely a different thing.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
lol everybody play games in mobile phones [roll] like i said every person's requirement are different.

if mobile phone user's don't play games then why are these applications made for ?

the android market's name was changed to play store [lol]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/category/GAME

Apple

Nokia Store: Download games, themes, wallpaper, ringtones and mobile apps on your Nokia phone

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/games

i know android's battery last a day but still one can easily use if he's out of his house.

if one person has bluetooth , wifi , 3g on at all times even if he's not using it then obviously battery will drain faster.

it's like parking the car with ignition on.

i agree , sony has faced a lot of criticism. every phone company has. there's no perfect phone , not even the iphone. it too have many problems.

there are several low-end android phones. what does this suggest ? people want to move to bigger platforms like android. nokia n8 runs on symbian. what a joke. it has nothing. but yeah for a user who doesn't wish all that stuff which android , ios , windows offers then n8 is a great phone. but it's touch screen is not that good.

Thread Starter #10
@allhyundaicars my needs are rather simplistic & not extravagant, apart from the usual call, text, a bit of net through GPRS, I might use apps that I need & might be interested in.. I play games but only on PC might play small ones if bored. big megapixel camera is not a criteria for me, but It would be better if I can get a 3G phone with GPS in it as well, I cannot extend my budget beyond 15k & never felt that I should own those costly 20k+ phones either. The reason I want to change this phone is I can't hold texts more than 250 on it & have to keep deleting some to get new ones.

I am surprised BB on Android?? are they like trying to shift from their in house OS completely to Android? Wonder if they will be able to integrate their services like BBM & mail services they offer in a secure way into android?

Since last one month I have been posting comments and replyies in TAI and facebook through Nokia E7. Even this post is being typed through tiny keyboard of E7.my wife has Nokia E5 and never I found much of inconvenince when I flip my e7 with her e5 sometime. of course e5 display is too tiny but it is sure has all high end features with great battery and all sort of connectivities.
The reason I let go android is its inconsistency. Google keeps altering the internal software without ur notice. Moreover my personal email has to be linked to enter the store and for that perfect sync , such kind of wierd uneasiness made me bit apprehensive ,of course battery drain was on north side as google decided how to nd when to turn off a program which i dont use.

Nokia e5 is the best bet for your requirement

or else try LG optimus one P500 a solid phone at 9500 rupees

for rough use Motorola defy+ is good

@allhyundaicars my needs are rather simplistic & not extravagant, apart from the usual call, text, a bit of net through GPRS, I might use apps that I need & might be interested in.. I play games but only on PC might play small ones if bored. big megapixel camera is not a criteria for me, but It would be better if I can get a 3G phone with GPS in it as well, I cannot extend my budget beyond 15k & never felt that I should own those costly 20k+ phones either. The reason I want to change this phone is I can't hold texts more than 250 on it & have to keep deleting some to get new ones.

I am surprised BB on Android?? are they like trying to shift from their in house OS completely to Android? Wonder if they will be able to integrate their services like BBM & mail services they offer in a secure way into android?
buy a nokia lumia 710 its for 15,500 it will do everthing you want 3g, 8gb ,xbox live, microsoft office and beside that you have nokia drive turn by turn voice navigation all over the world free for life which you can even use offline . a decent 5 mega pixel camera not in a league of n8 but good and nokia music also free again for life time . and nokia maps

Last edited:
I agree to Raja reading per your needs. Go for Lumia 710 or 800 if you can extend a little. 800 costs just 22K. Also Raja has taken some photos. Check it out! It has an awesome Camera too! The browser is also great!
Jayadev, I don't why you are too addicted to Nokia! Nokia a.k.a Symbian Browser is the worst browser among the other operating Systems. You won't like to browse in that! Also for alternatives, there is just a single one that is good i.e Opera Mobile. Whereas Android has lot of beautiful browsers!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hmm ythen i think you should go for the lumia.

You can also check out xperia u. It has dual core processor and looks really good. But if you want to make it simple just buy the lumia [:)]

Top Bottom