Need Inputs on Front Bumper Sensor or Camera

Thanks, I am planning to buy a male / female harness. But "figuring out what is what on a multi meter" will be a tough task. Till now you might have came to know about my expertise, I am even less than a novice player. Can you further clarify what exactly I have to do with the multi-meter (at least this thing is with me). Apart from it if I am not wrong harness means that blue (20 pin) plug in the pic, right ?

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am even less than a novice player. Can you further clarify what exactly I have to do with the multi-mete
This will be hard to figure out sitting here.
If you can reach the rear camera harness, you can start by running a continuity check and start labelling wires which are which.
Next run a voltage check on camera wires (When cam is active) and mark them. This will allow you to identify which are power wires and which are signal wires.

Usually cameras have only 4 wires. 2 for power and 2 for signal.
Apart from it if I am not wrong harness means that blue (20 pin) plug in the pic, right
Yes, along with the wires till the other end. It could also be the green or white one. Often OEMs use such 6 or 8 pin flat connections to merge a few standard connectors. Like entire Rear section (Camera, Reverse lights, Reverse Horn, parking sensors) Might be merged into a single loom. If one of them goes dedicated to camera, your job will be far easier.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have the green one which has a RCA female hooked to it. But when I used it nothing came to display. While reversing, keeping it on, the image was blury and I immediately disconnected the same. Have a look at the product as attachment. If you suggest I will disconnect all the wires and do some R&D on the product !

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
I think the green one is correct. If the green plug goes to Radio, The RCA might be going to camera. The remaining green one is for Power. There is a green one already in your car. Try understanding the role it plays.
Yes you can try R&D.

I tried it but it didn't work. I connected one side of the harness to car and other side to the plug in the wire. Connected the camera input in RCA in, connected the trigger wire through a switch. But no use. Please let me know what to check & how to check ? Thanks for the time you are spending to resolve my issue.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am afraid I cant tell much from here.
You will have to check both ends, Camera and Radio. Then mark wires first.
Do you know anyone close who is into Robotics/Electronics?

Top Bottom