Need Inputs on Front Bumper Sensor or Camera

i have already fitted a front camera just below the left side mirror to see the position of left front wheel and its surroundings .

Hi Kaushik welcome to TAI. Please can you post a photo of your front camera so that all members can have a idea of the fixture.[:)]

You can go for sensors for front.It does not look odd as such.If you manage to add front cam you can have the video feed once its out of reverse(guessing you video is not on mirror more like separate dash mount display).

In my friends car the front sensors have a very mild hum you have to switch off system & listen carefully(shown in pic).In BMW & some similar cars i have noticed when we have engaged reverse & then move ahead the front sensors are in beeping mode for some time.
FrntSensors.jpg

I have some doubts regarding the front sensors-
Shouldnt the front sensors get activated only on applying first gear as while parking we usually use first gear.But as you have mentioned they get activated each time you apply brakes.This will lead to unnecessary beeps.
Also is it possible to use a switch for front sensors ?

Re: Need input on front bumper sensor or camera

You can use any cam for this purpose. The ones we use as rear cams would just do fine. Power it via a switch so that it doesn't stay on all the time. Whenever you need to see the feed from the front cam just turn the switch on and the feed should be available on your screen. In rear installations, the same is achieved by powering the cam from the reverse light line. As the reverse gear is engaged, the reveres light line gets power and lights up the light as well as powers the cam too and hence we see the feed from the cam.
Dear sir
I tried camera in front which i bought from market as front camera. But sir as put on switch i could see the front view all objects on right are in left side and left in right side. Can you please why it has happened.

That's because reverse camera images are flipped horizontally since the direction of the driver is opposite. This is not applicable or needed for front camera but since the reverse camera does it internally your only choice is to post process the image by some means. I have done a similar system in my car.

Dear all can you suggest how to know car radio is compatible with second camera. I am having Baleno RS 2017. It has rear camera & sensor pre installed. I have purchased one harness too but not getting the connection. Tried many times but no luck.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
The ones we use as rear cams would just do fine
No. Rear camera will be flipped horizontally, giving you a wrong left & right position. You need a front camera.
how to know car radio is compatible with second camera. I am having Baleno RS 2017
Generally, OEM radios won't have provision for more than one input. You may have to go for a switch (tedious) or Secondary screen.

@bhvm thanks. For the time being I am using the second screen but I am interested to fit in the radio. Can you further explain about the tedious switch ?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Can you further explain about the tedious switch ?
The switch is pretty clever.
About 20 years ago, We had 2 TV cable connections on a single TV (Well one was antenna for doordarshan and other was color cable)
We had rigged up a simple 6 terminal switch. The middle pins were Common. This is where TV went. Other Poles (Right & left) were where either cable went.
In your case, the screen/ Radio will be in middle, with a camera on each end pole.

This is what we had-
[US$1.00] 6 Pins 3 Position 3A 250V/6A 120V ON/OFF/ON Toggle Switch Motorcycle from Automobiles & Motorcycles on banggood.com

There are better products available today-
https://www.amazon.in/rts-Audio-Video-Switch-Selector/dp/B01MCZZEPL

https://www.amazon.in/Foxmicro-Swit...A+switch&qid=1571554289&s=electronics&sr=1-11

@bhvm I appreciate your helping attitude. But what I need to know is where should the camera input be connected in radio. As in these radios there is no RCA port. Whether I have to cut any wire and join the camera input or what. I have already taken power from battery through a switch, where I have attached the front camera trigger (SOS mode). For camera input I have purchased a camera control box ( as in high end German cars) which will support 4 cameras, as planning for two under ORVMs too. I dont want to cut any wire thats why purchased an additional harness too. But still confused about the connection i.e. how to send the input to the car radio. Hope I made it clear, if it is a silly question sorry for that but need help desperately as planning to have a car with surround view during Diwali holidays. Pics of the mention things are given too. Thanks..

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
But what I need to know is where should the camera input be connected in radio
You will have to figure is where and how the stock reverse camera connects to your radio. If its an OEM camera, its likely that they used a skewed, custom standard/Plug to connect rather than something as standard as RCA. All my Indian cars do connect the camera via RCA to their factory systems. I am not too well versed with baleno's wiring.

bhvm

Honoured Member
You will have to buy a spare harness and solder up some RCA females after figuring out what is what on a multi meter.

Top Bottom