Need Help with Suggestions for Buying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hii All,
I am looking to buy a new car.Kindly suggest!Self driven and family car,need comfort and luxury
My budget is Around 20L,I do max city driving and occasional highways.I dont like to bend down and squeeze in to a low floor coz am quiet tall so actually looking Suv'sh or a car with good clearance.Let me give you my preference and also other suggestions are welcome and most important,i dont have idea of resale and so the vehicle should be tough and low maintenance or otherwise last long.Sorry if its too many parameters but its nothing for your expertise.I am just telling whats running in my mind and kindly justify or provide new options.
1- Cruze -I still cant get satisfied coz on-road price is almost 16 for middle variant but still its a mid-size car
2-Endeavor- like the 4*2 but doesn have air bags and is it really bumpy?as i ready it everywhere
3-fortuner-Afraid of its truck tall behaviour,not much feautures?hows handling?
4-Tata Aria-I like everything my only concern is can,will it last without any hassle?
5-Santa fe--In my list but dont know much about it
6-safari-the new version i been waiting for one year,it will be too late to wait until 2012
7--wat else???????

@ AMG Let us assume diesel because he has listed only diesel cars.

First up is your budget stretchable? Because i see you are looking at Santa-Fe and Fortuner too which is well above 20Lakhs.

Then you are too confused between SUV'S and sedans. First decide any one out of the two.

I would suggest you look at Skoda Yeti too, suits your requirements well. Easy to drive inside city , has got good interiors , comfort and legroom is good enough , feature packed FE is also good and the top-model falls well within your budget.

Another SUV i would suggest is Chevrolet Captiva. Engine has negligible turbo-lag , packed with features again , comfort levels are good. On the flip side a new facelift is just around the corner , only cosmetic though. Though you will have to stretch your budget to 22Lakhs for the top-end variant.

If its going to be sedan , i think you have still not seen Laura and Jetta. Do check them and i am sure you will be quite satisfied with both of them. New Jetta is also launching this month , do wait for it before deciding the car. Both Laura and Jetta diesel top-end variants will fall within your budget.

If you can stretch your budget to around Rs.25-26Lakhs then do consider the Superb and Passat too.

And coming to the cars you considered:

Cruze: A good car , VFM but avoid it if you are tall and not comfortable with it.

Endeavour: Yes this car does not have good suspension and so handling is not very great.

Fortuner: In the name of luxury you don't get any features. Handling is good enough , no complaints from my side.

Aria- Even i don't know if its going good for long , but i have one which has clocked 15k KMS , no troubles faced so far.

Santa-Fe- I think Hyundai has stopped bookings already and you have to stretch your budget to 26Lakhs to afford one.

Safari- Your budget is good , target something higher than this.

Final conclusion , do check Skoda Yeti , suits you very well.

AMG

Suspended
@ CoolDhaya

You forgot the Captiva, mate.

My vote: Nissan X-Trail

Also I would like to ask you a question.

Can you wait till Auto Expo or not?

Because if you can, then you should.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
Hi Guys,Thanks for the response and @Dhaya thanks for assuming and giving out suggestions rather waiting for my reply.Yea I prefer Diesel Version but I dont mind petrol but whatever I expect a decent FE and not something like 8 in City.Its not I have confusion between Sedan & SUV,am juz looking for some fine rugged look and if its confusing let me settle with SUV.I TD captiva,the TD vehicle was horrible with engine noise even if i ditch that issue coz its TD vehicle.2nd row seats are ok but looking back at 3rd row its too narrow or look cramped or boxy(dont know how to explain)i felt not spacious,inside with the third row and boot,had poor rear view.I like the Yeti but then again the brand doesnt have much good reviews out coz have heard abt the poor back up and money minded service from SKODA,otherwise i really love the Superb.So lets juz rule out with what you told and have Aria,fortuner,Captiva in the list

Thread Starter #7
@AMG I DONT LIKE THE LOOKS OF NISSAN X-TRAIL.If am given option between Aria,Fortuner,captiva.I would rule out Captiva coz it lacks space as compared to the other two but with fortuner am worried about hard suspension,body roll,poor brakes,high maintenance as with parts and body work is concerned but relaible service.With Aria everything is at top except the question about service and back up.If its gets like Indica after one year ill get me straight to the mental care unit.

Atleast if i buy a safari,I wouldnt mind how worst it gets but spending 17l for Aria i definitely worry abt its future as i dont resell.

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended
Ok, lets put it this way.

You cant wait till auto expo 2012.

Cruze is a car, so what is it doing on the list? [confused]

You have doubts about Skoda's ASS
You Dont like the X-Trail's looks
Endeavour has a terrible suspension.

Which leaves us with Fortuner, Aria and Santa Fe.

Out of these, the Santa Fe makes for a good buy, for someone looking for complete peace of mind.
Tata cars have small niggles every now and then(but are build to last, surprised: Look around 70% of Taxis are Tatas)

Second on my list is the Aria. Clearly the best from Tata EVER

The fortuner makes it last. 20 lakh is seriously high price to pay for a beefed up innova

Thread Starter #10
@amg thanks for your patience but seriously man am quiet choosy and troublesome and only difference is instead of my family i have put you guys in that situation.I like your expressn u know
You have doubts about Skoda's ASS
You Dont like the X-Trail's looks
Endeavour has a terrible suspension.[:)].Hey mate accept Cruze is a car but as i told just had in my list coz of its fine rugged look,if i am not satisfied with any of these SUV'S i had to get along with a car so for the safer side went through the reviews and had in ma list.Yea will try to wait till the expo but seriously your suggestions were ton helpful guys

Thread Starter #11
Guys!Juz checked out Nisaan X-trail over the web coz you all stress with it but honestly Sante fe is itself too much for me coz when nothing is satisfying I would go for Santa and spend 26L on road but otherwise is SANTA fe worth that price or its coz just an import and how about its service and parts maintenance as I dont much Santas around.The dealer told they have stopped bookings for past months and starting fresh bookings now.Next thing Nissan base model is 21 n odd ex-showroom and with the features I would have to go for the middle varaint which is 24l ex-showroom--No way guys! too much to spend

AMG

Suspended
But still man 26 Lakhs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [shock]

Better go in for an BMW X1 or an Audi Q3 at that price.

Ex-Showroom Price (Rs.) (Chennai) 24,40,000

Source: Carazoo

Thread Starter #14
I personally checked at Kun Hyundai today and they told the on-road price for Santa is 26.Let it or X1 or x-trail but cant extend budget so much guys.X-trail middle variant is itself 24 exshowroom and so on-road will be much higher

AMG

Suspended
Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 21,45,053
Hyundai Santa Fe 4WD 23,45,487

Well, if you are quoting the price for the 4WD variant, why do you need a 4WD?
And if it is for the 2WD variant, you guys in Chennai pay abysmally high taxes. [shock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom